Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

What I've been up to

I cannot believe I've had a post about urinals at the top of my blog for so long. I mean ... URINALS. Things I've been doing lately that have nothing to do with urinals:

I got promoted. This is a good thing--I mean, I've only been here 18 months--but it's a stressful thing, too.

I've been hanging out with him. I've also been hanging out with the guy who introduced us and ... yeah. I don't know.

I met up with Miss Manic in the Big Apple, which was super duper totally awesome and fun (of course!). I hadn't seen her in forever, and she was just exactly the same in all of the very best ways.

I've completely neglected my DVR. I've kept up with Lost, Survivor and Modern Family, and that's about it.

I've been listening to this song like a crazy person (161 times since I downloaded it like a week ago ... holy crap, I really AM crazy). At first I thought the video was like what??? but now I kind of like it. I TOTALLY get the song.

I've also fallen madly in love with the last Phoenix album, especially the song Rome (and especially the 2:15-3:15 part of the song).

I've almost emotionally eaten my way through a box of Yodels. Why Yodels? Why indeed. Why not?

I've tried to figure out a vacation with my friend Allee. My only requirements: sand and water, not prohibitively expensive. Any suggestions?

I've tried to figure out a gift for a bridal shower I'm going to on Saturday. Do I get something from the registry? Do I get a gift card? (I know her, but not INCREDIBLY well--I'm friends with her fiance.) Any suggestions?

So ... yeah. That's me. What about you? What have you been up to lately?

11 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jon B said...

Modern Family is the best show ever. Phil is good stuff.
I used to play Phoenixs' Everything is Everything ALL THE TIME back in 05.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Congrats on getting promoted!!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger youtube said...

congrats on the promotion! and on hanging out with a boy. and on removing the urinal post ;)

for the bridal shower gift - gift card. I've always heard that the bride really likes to be able to take back the duplicates, pair it up with gift cards and then buy the things she didn't get. Plus, they're so easy to wrap. :)

I'm loving the new Vampire Weekend album too!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Melek said...

that was me commenting, not YouTube :) Sorry!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger flea said...

yay! on getting promoted. that is awsome!!!!!

and two boys...yummy! enjoy it girl

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Congrats on the promotion, and don't worry about the boys! Enjoy it for now and let it work itself out :)
As for the bridal shower thing, last October I went to a shower for my boyfriend's cousin. We've gotten a lot closer now, but we weren't then, so I just got something off the registry, and she said she appreciated it... super easy. You know she wants/needs it, you don't have to shop around for a long time - win/win!

Alyssa

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Wow, promoted already!

I vote for the registry item. It'll be in a box with wrapping paper. More fun at a shower than opening an envelope. Plus...the amount of the gift isn't as apparent.

I agree with Alyssa on the two guys thingie. It'll work itself out. One day one of them will do something crazy and you'll be down to one!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

WOW!!! So MUCH!! And I was even thrown in there! LOL! Yay you got the promotion! Before I move, which is like in THIRTY ONE FREAKING DAYS, I am begging for a Swishy mix! That Vampire song was OUT OF THERE cool! Is that Jake G. in the video?? And ice skate boy still hanging strong. Manic likee! xoxoxo miss you! Love you!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

LOST!!!!!! Super sad it's not on tonight. :(

I say get something off the registry. She registered for it, so she wants it. It also looks like you took some time thinking about it. Win/win!

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous angelawd said...

Yay for the promotion and for him! No wonder you haven't been posting.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Bina said...

Okay, at work, the link for THIS SONG will not work, so what is it?

You got promoted??? Woo Hoo!!!! And you are "dating"?

And yea, I would say gift card. It's just so much easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home