Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's all relative

So I've been working a lot lately. I actually had a Valentine's post half-written, but then ... yup, had to work, never finished it. Is there anything LESS interesting than someone telling you how much they've been working lately? Let me answer that for you: Hell freaking no, there is nothing in the world remotely less interesting. Put A plus B together ... what does that equal? Me, basically the most boring person you know right now.

In fact, here's a (partial) list of things more interesting than me right this second:

* Flossing. Especially when you get a little piece of something out of your back teeth ... it's like roaming the beach with a metal detector and finally finding something other than bottle caps. Score!

* Blowing spit bubbles. Try it. Seriously. Right now, just try it.

* A line at the post office. I mean ... at least at the post office there's people-watching!

* Curling (as in the sport, not the iron). Although, this apparently seems to be the new hipster Olympic sport du jour, so maybe this is SUPER more interesting instead of just a little, I don't know.

* Reading the owner's manual to your car. My friend's mom used to go through hers and circle all of the phallic-looking shapes. That is absolutely a true story.

* Talking about the weather. This is made all the more fascinating when the weather-people start doing a little "pin the freezing temperature on the precipitation pattern" game to come up with their forecasts.

I have a day off coming up. I'll see what I can do to up the interesting factor a little around here. In the meantime, please regale me with tales of how interesting your lives are. I like to live vicariously.

8 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger MJ said...

Well, right now, I'm holding a sleepy grumpy baby who had his shots yesterday and has since projectile vomited on me and himself THREE times so far, and wrangling a 2 year old who has a temperature and a snotty nose and keeps wanting to watch "Mickey Cub-how." Yeah, it's not that interesting, either.

Blowing spit bubbles IS more fun!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

you know what friend, I got nothing. Your list is far more intersting than anything I could come up with. Oh, other than I was sick and now it's all up in my ear so my ear feels all bubbly and gurgly like there's a beach wave in there but without the excitement of the beach. So yeah. like I said, got nothing. Miss you.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger shopgirl said...

Seriously - your life is so.more.interesting than mine right now (other than the fact that I'm reading your blog!)

Can't wait to hear about your day off!!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

it snowed here today (in Austin)....and that's my most interesting tidbit. You beat me in the 'interesting' department by a mile.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger flea said...

i'm right along there with MJ dealing with spit ups and diaper changes. that's about as intersting as it gets for me. oh and watching her blow spit bubbles, now that is exciting stuff!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Crazed said...

HAHA!! You know I have you beat... getting the kids off to school and then returning to bed for an undetermined amount of time... why? Because I can. And then I can roll out of bed... pick up children and shuttle them around to various activities... Wanna trade?
BTW... she would also copy them from the manual and keep them with her collection of symbols.
Love you!!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I was like "I haven't read Swishy in awhile. I need to catch up." On one post...that's okay.

Go to your coffee shop and spy on more douchey guys.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

 

Post a Comment

<< Home