So I had a ROYALLY shitty week last week. (Don't worry, I'm fine now, it was just a no good, very, very, very bad week that made me hate practically everyone. But not now! Now I am overflowing with love and goodwill for all of mankind. I'm just telling you for context.)
Anyway. So: bad week. I was like, the next chance I get, I am having an ALL ABOUT SWISHY night so I don't a) end up sticking my head in the oven (which is electric anyway) or b) running over the poor little old lady downstairs in a fit of blind rage. So I ...
* Bought myself some tulips so I would have something pretty in the house that reminds me that spring is coming one of these (long, crappy, cold) days:
* Worked out for like the first time ever and read the new People AND Entertainment Weekly
* Had an at-home spa night in which I soaked, exfoliated, plucked, baby-oiled, Vaselined and lotioned my poor, sad, tired little body
* Baked delicious chocolate peanut butter cookies and ate like half of them in front of The Real Housewives of Orange County reunion AND the new episode of Real Housewives of NYC. Mmmm ... chocolatey bitchiness!
* Wasted a ridiculous amount of time reading Television Without Pity (big Bachelor scandal!) while listening to awesome music, which is like one of my favorite Zen-out things to do ever.
I am also trying to sort of enjoy the little things, which is kind of fun when I am in the mood for it. The other night, I was driving home from work when I went, oh, crap, I need to drop off a couple things at the post office. It was late, and it was raining, and I left the car running in the middle of the road while I ran over to the mailbox. And then I ran back and just ... stopped. There wasn't another soul around, and one of my favorite songs was playing in the car, and all of the light from the streetlamps was bouncing off the wet road. It was such a nice little moment. I stood in the middle of the road in the rain, listening to my song, thinking to myself, I can't believe how PRETTY it all is (and fortunately no one came along to run ME over).
So what's your favorite thing to do when you want to pamper yourself?