Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Overheard in the office

Coworker A to Coworker B, about me: "I can’t tell if it’s her silly laugh or her real laugh."
Coworker B: "It’s her silly laugh. Her tired laugh. Which means we’re about 8 minutes from cranky."
(Eight minutes and 3 seconds later.)
Coworker B: "See? What did I tell you?"

**********

Coworker B, on comments that he's been complaining a lot lately: "I don’t complain. I point out situations."

**********

I get a little annoyed about something.
Coworker 1, to the person sitting next to him: "Swishy has a very large doghouse that she puts people in. And it's not decorated as well as you'd think."

**********

Coworker B to no one in particular, prompted by nothing in particular: "What has Canada given us except circular bacon?"

**********

Me, complaining about writing a self-evaluation for work: "I hate writing these. I hate being like, I did this, I did that. It just makes me uncomfortable."
Coworker A (in a high-pitched voice): "Slash YOU LOVE IT!"

**********

Coworker 1 starts playing this song ("Take Me Home Tonight" by the great Eddie Money).
Coworker 2: "Really? THIS song? REALLY?"
Coworker 1: "Hold on. It’s been on for a minute and 14 seconds and you’re just now saying that?"
Coworker 2: "You suck all of the fun out of my day. (Pause.) I hate everybody. I hate the world."

7 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Angela Williams Duea said...

I LOVE hearing your coworker conversations. Do these people realize how hilarious they are?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

It is like you live in a sitcom, right at work. You couldn't make this stuff up. Too funny.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Bina said...

You must work REALLY close to people. I only have one other person in my big-ass, windowless, void of an office.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger shopgirl said...

This is hilarious and exactly why I'm glad and sad (slad? perhaps?) that I no longer work in an office.

Keep 'em coming though - it's funny stuff!!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Are there any openings in your office because I am pretty sure I want to work there. Much more fun than my own office.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous ree said...

I love your co-workers. Can you send them to my office?

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I want to work in your office. You sound like you have much more fun than we do. Not that it's hard to top us....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home