Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

A little bit of whatever

Well, hello there. One of my best friends came to visit, so I've been kind of MIA lately. We did a little bit of everything--concert, movies, amusement park, yummy food, sightseeing-ish stuff--and it was just nice to be with someone familiar again. He's known me for almost 10 years and is one of the best people I've ever known, so kind and patient with me. He left yesterday and oh, my goodness, the train wreck he left behind. I was crying rivers and swimming pools and hot tubs all night and into this morning. I guess I just miss everything. And sometimes when I'm stressed or trying not to be sad, I act really mean and snotty to people who are good to me, which makes me feel horrible and makes everything so much worse.

Sigh. So, yes. Lots of chocolate and Kleenex in Swishyville this week.

But! Visits are good, the weather's good, life is good, People.com and Entertainment Weekly are good. Let's talk some pop culture and entertainment to make everything a little better, shall we?

Big Brother. Yes, I am inexplicably still watching this train wreck of a show, albeit mostly in pieces while I clean or check email or whatever else. I cannot stand that girl Natalie, CANNOT STAND HER. The fact that she won HOH for next week is almost enough to make me shut it off for good. CAN'T. STAND. HER.

Project Runway. My early money is on Ra'mon, Shirin and the girl with two names and blonde hair. (How lazy am I that I am ON THE INTERNET and I won't just Google her name. Instead, she's the girl who two names and blonde hair. Fine. FINE. I will Google. Carol Hannah, her name is Carol Hannah. OK? Everyone good?) Also, maybe Christopher.

Top Chef. Love the brothers and the sorta-bitchy blonde girl whose name is ... wait, I've got it ... JENNIFER! Yes! I remembered one of the reality blonde girls' names! (The one name versus two definitely helps.)

Friday Night Lights. We had a little mini-marathon Sunday night and oh, man, that show just kills me. Just do yourself a favor and rent it. You will never, ever, ever regret it, except maybe the fact that it'll spoil you for TV forever. (Or not. See Exhibit A: Big Brother. But at least you'll KNOW you're spoiled!)

(500) Days of Summer. Very cute movie, with a perfect ending that made me a little teary because even though it was perfect it was still ... well, if you saw it, you know. Also saw The Time Traveler's Wife, which, while a bit slow, also made me cry. YES, I AM A GIRL.

The Duggars. Oh, goodness. I think it is a little tacky the way people talk about them sometimes because, you know, it's probably not really anyone's business how many kids someone does or doesn't have as long as the kids are taken care of and supported. But holy freaking crap, I cannot wrap my head around 19 kids. Nineteen children coming out of one person's body. Not all at once, but still. NINETEEN. I just ... wow.

Jon Gosselin. Total emotional infant. I have officially flipped from Team Jon to Team Kate, although to be honest I wouldn't really miss either one of them on the cover of my People magazine. Give me hot sexy single bachelors, People magazine!

OK, that's all I've got for now. Have a good weekend, everyone!

14 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger michelle said...

natalie drives me crazy, too ... is it wrong that i want her to be hit by lightning? just a little. ;)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jon B said...

500 Days of Summer was great. Also, a great soundtrack...Didn't really expect the ending though.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Bina said...

I watched a special on the Duggars when she was pregnant with her 15th, and damn,is she pregnant every 9 months or what? I mean, that's 19 years (at least) of pregnancy!!!! It's time to stop!!!!

I don't watch any of those others but I must say, I am so, 100% Team Kate now. It's not her fault she married an infant. Now we know why she was always telling him what to do. He obviously had no freaking clue!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Kristabella said...

I love Big Brother. I've seen every season. Was SO SAD to see my boyfriend Jeff leave. He was dumb, but so pretty. I also HATE, HATE, HATE Natalie. I wish Jordan would win, but we know that isn't happening.

I love the brothers on Top Chef too.

I watch the Duggars show on TLC religiously. I really like them and they make it work. I can't judge them for their beliefs. And they really are a very loving, giving family.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jacki said...

I'm so mad about Natalie too!
I can't stand Jon anymore but I hate Kate so I'm with you, they can both disappear and focus on raising their kids.
Still want to see 500 Days, it's next on my list and perhaps with this long week I can make it happen :)

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Total agreement! Especially Project Runway, Top Chef, FNL, and 500 Days. Thank goodness for new tv.

How about the FNL / 500 Days crossover?!!! It took everything within me to not scream out loud "hey that's Lyla!"

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Patti said...

big brother: natalie winning hoh and then yelling insanely about keeping her word and that it was for chima made me want to jump into my set and pull her hair....HARD. man, if they don't get her out it will be the end for me.

jon gosselin: i am on team kiddo. those pumpkins are gonna hve some stories to tell and i can't wait to read all about it. both parents are loco. both need to shutty their pieholes. ENOUGH!

duggars: eh, to each their own. not for me, but good for them.

i am so ready for the new fall season to start and so sad that big brother will be ending soon. and pissed that jeff is gone, but am so hoping kevin takes it all. he cracks me up with his overthetop gayness. and don't make me started about jordon living up to all southern stereotypes. oh y'all!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who canNOT stand Natalie. I threw a total fit @ the TV last night (leaving my husband falling off the couch, laughing) when she won HOH. Aaaaggggh!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I hate Natalie too, I was totally team Jeff.
Can't wait to read time travelers wife and see 500 days of summer.
Duggars are slightly out of control and J& Kate- well there are no words.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I knew you'd be good for some entertainment :) I'm almost afraid to ask what Jon has been up to. And what an HOH is. I think maybe I'm better off not knowing!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I have been Team Kate..although I do agree they both should go away. I think they got married way too young.

I want to see 500 Days of Summer!!!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger flea said...

ugh i am so sick of john & kate!! and I was once team John too, but not anymore, they need to just disappear.

the count down is on until the new fall season of shows start, i have had enough of reality t.v (for now)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I don't like the thought of you crying buckets.

And I'm officially Team Maddie/Cara/Hannah/Leah/Alexis/Adain/Colin/Joel. That's the team I'm rooting for!
hahahah!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Wish you had a coffee shop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home