Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

At least we don't pull each other's hair anymore

I have two sisters. None of us lives near each other, so we keep talking about doing an annual girls trip. We have brought it up a million times, maybe even a zillion, and it has yet to happen. We started yet another email chain about it yesterday after my brother got an internship offer, and honestly, it is amazing we can focus long enough to put on our shoes and walk out to the car every morning, let alone actually plan a weekend together.

*****

To: Keek; Teflon (yes, I really call them that)
From: Swishy
Subject: Mike's internship

Looks like we’ve got a girls trip to Europe planned! We'll just crash at Mike's place! Haha.

*****

K: Did I miss something? Did Mike get an internship in Europe? How come no one ever tells me these things!

*****

ME: Because you live in CALIFORNIA, which is like another country/time zone. He got an internship offer in France.

*****

K: Does this mean he’s going to be trying to prove to us that he speaks fluent French? Seriously, though, we should do it. Not in the spring though, that’s when the season starts, we should go in Feb or March when it’s really cheap. For real, though, we have no excuse not to do it now.

*****

T: We should make it open invitation, don’t you think? At least so Mom doesn’t feel left out ... she’d be happy hanging out at the museums while we run around trying to pick up on European men ...

*****

ME: I don't know when I can go. We'll have to plan. Teflon may have to sacrifice some of the time she has allocated toward being a groupie.

*****

T: Hahahhaha watch it!! I'm not a groupie ... I’m a friend. :-) Groupies only get VIP access if they sleep with the band ... I'm a good little girl.

*****

ME: Ohhhhh, baaaaaaby, yooooooouuuuu, you got what I neeeeeeeed, but you say he's just a friend, you say he's just a friend ...

*****

K: Ha ha ha ha ha.

*****

T: LOL ... whatever ... you two don't understand me.

*****

ME: Do too, you're a band-aid like in Almost Famous.

*****

T: Word.

Best,
Teflon Teflonstein

*****

ME: I mean, really. Would you just look at that email.

"Word.
Best,
Teflon Teflonstein"

*****

T: It's my sig line!!! Oh so speaking of trips Dad is going on a camping trip. He is in a good mood about it.

*****

ME: Gooooooooood times to be in the Swishy family. Except me, I am effing starving.

*****

T: The inside of my ear keeps itching and it’s driving me NUTS.

Best,
Teflon Teflonstein

*****

K: Ok, so for some reason my work email thinks Swishy is spam, so I keep getting Teflon's replies before I get Swishy's email. Haha, Swishy is spam!
I’m sorry you’re starving, Swish.

*****

S: Swishy is Spam.

Best,
Teflon Teflonstein

*****

ME: WHAT IS WITH THAT REPLY!
WHAT IS WITH THE BEST! ENOUGH WITH THE BEST!
I AM NOT SPAM!

OK, so seriously, I got a turkey burger the other day from the cafeteria and it was so freaking disgusting, they didn’t cook it all the way. SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK.

*****

K: That’s because it’s a freaking turkey burger, those are always disgusting.

*****

T: Groooooossssssss. My ear still itches ... it started itching after I had my Skullcandy headphones in ... maybe it’s dust in my ear. Weird.

*****

K: Maybe Teflon has one of those creepy type earwig things. Those always freaked me out.

*****

T: Ewwwwwwww.

*****

K: My email can be monitored for security reasons ... sometimes I wonder how much eye rolling or laughing goes on when they happen to come across certain emails.

*****

ME: Ours too. I asked them once if they read our email and the guy was like, whatever, I am insulted, I have better things to do with my time than read your missives on Britney Spears. I was like, um, like WHAT, because that sounds like a great use of time to me. Except not Britney Spears, she bores me.

*****

T: Oh mercy.

(Needless to say, there is no trip planned.)

14 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

Ha! Love it! And I would love to be a fly on the wall in a room full of Swishy relatives. Entertainment at it's finest!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Bina said...

I LOVE it!!! How very funny and cute. And what the IT guy said about not reading emails? That is EXACTLY what ours said to me, except for the Brittney part. How freaking funny.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Melek said...

hahaha...goodness. does ADD run in your family? :) great thread.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

This is what it's like with my sisters (3) also. We've been attempting to plan a trip for years now. We just can't get it together...

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Patti said...

still thinking about the earwig. i bet the dust would drive it out. or smoke. just saying...

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Beth said...

ahhhhhh, sisters. I love it!!!!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Its just so easy to get distracted.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love the family love there -- way cool. Just disorganized. Do you at least make it together for some holidays ever? ;)

Good luck with your ummmm trip.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Andie said...

that is awesome.

FYI- there are TONS Of great deals to france right now, in case you are interested. Email me if you want to know where the deals are.

You can get a flight for about $500 right now to Paris! Feb is the colder time to go, that's when we went, and we had a good time. ;)

btw, can i come? LOL I heart france.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

You could get the CIA to fund your trip...

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hahahah! Man, it just SUCKS that you don't live near me anymore. I MISS YOU!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

It sounds like the IT guy most definitely reads your e-mails if he described them as 'missives about Britney Spears'!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Swishy and her sisters plan a trip. You have to tell us Part 2, it was very funny and sweet.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

I always wondered if they read my emails too!

Funny post :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home