Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's a texture thing

I'm at Moe's, ordering a chicken soft taco.

Him: Cheese?
Me: Just a tiny, tiny pinch. Tiny bit.
He sprinkles on a little bit of cheese and looks up: More?
Me: Nope, that's perfect, thank you.

He looks at me like, you are such a weirdo, what is the point of even PUTTING cheese on your taco if that's all you're going to have?

Him: Lettuce? Tomato?
Me: Nope, that's great, thank you.
Him, folding up the taco: Anything else?
Me: Yeah ... can I get a side of queso?

He looks at me like, OK, now you really ARE a weirdo.

Him: You know that queso is cheese, right?
Me: I know, I know.
Him: You know that's a little unusual, right?
Me: What can I say, I'm one big contradiction.
Him: Keeps them guessing, huh?

Ohhhh, yes. Swishy, woman of mystery.

10 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

ha ha ha! I loved the chips and queso from Chili's. But that's really chili and cheese mixed together. YUM!

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous dimples said...

i lerrrve my swisher sweets!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

He'll remember you.

Thanks for the early morning giggle.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Andie said...

you crack me up. I get the same look when i'm at Izzo's (our local version of Moe's) ordering my burrito in a bowl. I'm always like "just a little cheese" and they are like, "seriously?"

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Love his come-back! The situation is pretty funny though.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Huh. So Moe's is a chain. Interesting. We have one nearby tha opened up last year but I've yet to go. Until I look up the nutritional information and decide I can't bear to ingest that much sodium in one sitting :) I love the confusing people. If it makes you feel any better, I can NEVER order off the menu. I always have to tweak.

OH! I had a real word for verificatin -- cable. Huh.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

This was too cute and funny. I just love you and your world. You make my life so much brighter!
XXXXX

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

That's exactly how you eat! love it!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Bina said...

Hey, I completely understand why. Queso is SO much better than cheese, and it doesn't fall all over the place, either.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Melek said...

queso and cheese don't go into the same category. queso is a dip...cheese is a topping. unless you put the queso on fries, then i guess it's a topping too...but still, two totally different things. i mean, one is a solid and one is almost a liquid. so, yeah...it's like they're not even in the same food group.

see, I'm on your side, Swishy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home