Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, June 29, 2009

I can't believe I'm putting this on my blog

I feel like when you move somewhere with someone--spouse, kid, roommate, whatever--there is still at least one person around who knows all about you. Moving alone is a little different, and lately it has been bothering me a little bit that no one here really knows me that well ... you know, like, REALLY really. I mean, I have friends, I hang out with people, but there isn't anyone here who knew me this time last year, and it's WEIRD. It kind of wears me out sometimes, to be honest--I feel like I am constantly explaining myself, the way that I am and the way that I think about things because people don't know it yet. Only I don't always do it very well because I am a little bit of a hard person to get to know anyway. I'm pretty friendly and chatty so sometimes it takes people awhile to realize that, but I don't know, that's just how I am.

Which is why it just warms my soul, from the hair on my head right down to my tippy toes, when I talk to someone who DOES know me and all my quirks. When someone can send me this video, this absolutely ridiculous, nonsensical, pointless video and just KNOW it will make me laugh for exact reasons unknown to either of us.



Like, WHAT is this video? Why would anyone MAKE it, let alone WATCH it, let alone SEND it to another person? But my friend did, and it made me laugh, and I watched it again like 10 times while we were talking. ("Pervert," he said. HA.) It's that look the guy gets at the 20-second mark, it just cracks me up.

So there you go. Smoking, singing shower guy. Happy Monday, everyone!

9 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger Jacki said...

Perfect for a Monday laugh!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger flea said...

heeee!!! oh my, i've now watched it at least 3-4 times too funny

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Bina said...

Okay, I watched it four times. MY GOD!!! That look on his face makes it seem like he just took the biggest hit off the best pot in the world! LOL LOL

LOVE it!

And hey, I've moved places many times where NO ONE knew me, and I loved every minute of it. Because you can always call people that know WAY TOO much about you!

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh my god.

I have to go watch it again, and then send to a friend!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Too funny! I hope the guy who sent it to you lives nearby...

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

Haha! Freaking hilarious. I love his choice of music too. Classic.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

You're so right...it's weird to move somewhere and have no one get you. Hang in there. Sometime in the second year, a weird sort of melding happens, and people start to understand, and you change a little bit yourself, and it all fits together in unexpected ways (OR you realize you were never supposed to live there and run screaming back to whence you came...;) )

Hysterical video.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So funny I had to share it with my husband. OMG, hilarious!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home