Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two quick things

Hey. I know I haven't posted in forever, and I know you've heard this a million times since I moved, but I'm FINALLY starting to feel settled (I think daylight savings is helping in that department ... hello sunshine!) so I promise I will be back to sort-of normal in the posting department very soon. In the meantime, two quick things that couldn't possibly be more unrelated if I tried:

Frivolous thing: It's March Madness time again! Which means it's time to enter Swishy's Bracket Challenge! I know it's late-ish notice, but get your picks in by Thursday morning and you just might win yourself a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate. We're doing it on Yahoo again this year--go here and enter the group number (173053) and password (swishy) to join. Email me if you have any questions or problems logging in.

Serious thing: Golightly and I have read each other's blogs for ... gosh, at least a couple of years now. She is smart and sassy and funny, and I just adore her. She got into a very serious car accident with her fiance over the weekend and isn't doing too great, and I just want to ask all of you to keep her in your thoughts. I'm very worried about her, but she's a fighter and I'm hopeful that with lots of prayers and good doctors looking after her, she'll be back to her fun, vibrant self in no time.

I am so grateful for all of you. You are such good and wonderful people, and I am so happy to be a tiny part of your lives. I hope wherever you are today, whatever you're doing, that you're happy and around people who love you and appreciate who you are. Thank you so much for all that you do for me. You're all awesome, and I hope you're having an awesome day.

13 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger michelle said...

the news about golightly is just awful ... i found her blog through yours, and really enjoy her tales of cowboy and all her excitement over moving and her engagement. i am sure that there will be many people out here in the blogosphere sending her prayers and good thoughts ... including me.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Bina said...

You are so sweet! I'm glad you are finally settling in. And yea, this time change makes a HUGE difference to me, too. It feels like I'm depressed all winter. Leaving for work and getting home for work IN THE DARK is something I CAN NOT stand!

Find a coffee shop yet?

I'm going to go to Golightly's site. I haven't read her but I want to send my prayers and good energy to her.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Patti said...

i am praying. so sorry about this. we love you too.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

We love you too! And thanks for passing along the word about Golightly...I'll add my prayers to her bowl.

Here's to sunshine :)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger flea said...

while I haven't ever read golightly's blog the news about her is upsetting and awful (and if you like her than i'm sure I would like her), will keep her and you in my thoughts

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

Thanks for letting us know. I can't believe that happened. I've been reading her for a couple of years now as well and she has been reading mine...basically we're "friends" in the cyberworld. It's shocking beyond belief. Please keep us posted.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU.

My word verification is CULEGAT which kind of reminds me of CUTE GAL which reminds me of YOU!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

oh no! I will definitely keep Golightly in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that you are feeling more settled now. I think Spring helps.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow. I almost forgot about the bracket. I'll ummm do it tomorrow. If I remember. I'll try real hard to remember. Because you know how bad I am at this picking teams thing :)

Bummer on the car accident. Definitely sending thoughts and prayers her way!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Of course, I'm all about the brackets :)

Sad news about Golightly, and similar timing to the Natasha Richardson head injury - sad. Keeping fingers crossed that she has a full recovery!

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous courtney said...

Yikes, dude, that's really scary news about Golightly. I'm definitely keeping her in my thoughts and will follow the updates. Yikes.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

Wow, that is so sad about golightly - I hope she is doing better! I don't know her blog but I stopped by and started reading. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

I have been a lousy blogger lately too - sometimes it's just harder than others - and so I can relate!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Oh, how awful about golightly. I read some of her old blog posts- she sounds so fun. I will send healing energy to her.

Hugs,
Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home