Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy days

How was everyone's weekend? Good? Mine was fabulous, thank you for asking. I went on a little getaway to my friend Allee's house and had merely the most perfect and relaxing girl weekend ever. In just over 48 hours, I managed to: go out to dinner, get my hair cut by my old stylist (I say "old" like there's a new one. HA), sleep in, have breakfast at my favorite little coffee shop, get a pedicure, eat chips and guacamole under a comfy blanket while watching Love Actually, see the new Shopaholic movie (nothing like the books, FYI) and have a good old-fashioned "sit around and eat ice cream and gossip with the girls till all hours of the night" session. About the only thing missing was 80-degree weather and a hot, young pool boy to leer at inappropriately. It was just perfect.

I have been a big bundle of anxiety lately. If it's not one thing to be stressed out about, it's another, I swear, and I keep breaking my cardinal rule of not worrying about things that are out of my control. The funny thing is, there's not THAT much to be stressed out about. Yes, winter sucks and settling into a new place sucks, but I have so many things going for me, and it frustrates me that I can't just relax and enjoy them more. It's almost like I can't let myself NOT worry sometimes. This weekend was a good reminder for me that sometimes I just need to take a deep breath and CHILL OUT.

I also think part of the problem is I haven't been doing a lot of the things I like (work out, write, stalk random people at the coffee shop) lately. Would you believe that I went four straight days without turning on my TV last week? FOUR STRAIGHT DAYS. That is UNNATURAL. I am putting an end to that right this second.

Seriously. The Bachelor, Amazing Race, last week's Lost or the zillions of 24 episodes I haven't gotten to yet? Decisions, decisions ...

15 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

I'm glad that you had such a great weekend, sometimes thats just what you need the most -- a few days to relax, chill, and just enjoy.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

You, four days without tv? Swishy, I'm concerned! I'm glad to hear that Allee has you back up and running. If you need an emergency tv intervention, I'm not far away. Just say the word and I'm in the car, tv remote in hand!!!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Thank goodness you were able to break the anxiety cycle. I can't believe you spent that long without tv!!! Hopefully you kept up with US Weekly/People/EW?

I vote for last week's Lost first :)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That sounds like such a lovely and relaxing weekend. Glad you enjoyed it. And ummm go watch Lost. It was an interesting one!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

I'm jealous! Sounds like fun.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Bina said...

well, it sounds like you had a GREAT weekend and that is something to be thankful for. And, you know if you start working out again (yes, I'm gonna sound like a mother) it will make you feel better and help with the stress, not to mention getting your relaxing TV time in.

Just saying.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

Hey Swish, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the TRL cds and the awesome goodies that came with them - I got them in the mail and can't wait to listen!!!!!!!!!

It made my day!!!!!

I'm glad you had a great weekend!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Four days is totally unnatural and WRONG!!! I agree you need to watch Lost immediately!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ah, you saw Allee! Fun weekend! Miss you! We gotta talk BlogHer and register!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Beth said...

FOUR DAYS????? Ok, who the hell are you and what have you done with My Swishy????

I wanna see that shopoholic movie, cuz i just love the books,...but somehow the movies always suck. :(

Now get out there and start stalking someone...you'll feel better in no time.

thanks for my card! Love you Girlfriend!!!!!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Kristabella said...

Four days with no TV? WHO ARE YOU?

Lost wins that battle any time. In fact, I'm going out for drinks tonight and am forcing myself to be home at a decent time so I can watch Lost before bed.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

For me, the general anxiety in the country is always in the background even when my day is great. Perhaps that's part of it for you. Or perhaps it's just TV withdrawal pains...

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Watch Lost! Watch Lost! I'm going to miss an episode in April when I'm Mexico and I'm going to DIE. I can't handle missing that show. Or Survivor or Amazing Race or Biggest Loser, but mainly Lost.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Angela Williams Duea said...

Yay! You needed some girl-time after all the guys in your office.

I'm also concerned about the four days without TV. Maybe you should see a doctor.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

Your weekend sounds fabulous. But what I really want to know is - are you going to be live blogging the Oscars this year???? And what will you be wearing??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home