Gossip Girl (Oscar edition)
Well, hello there! I have been working like a crazy lady lately, which is why I didn't do a live blog for the Oscars--I was at work. I DID, however, get to watch the red carpet on a live feed, and OH, MY GOSH, BEST THING EVER!!! It's like looking through your neighbor's window with binoculars (not that, uh, anyone we know would ever do that) only a million zillion times better. (Unless, of course, your neighbors are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and they're having a dinner party with Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer while George Clooney babysits the kids in the next room. Maybe then.)
Anyway, the first thing I realized is that no one is interviewed live for the pre-Oscar red carpet. (Hello, illusions shattered!) The other deal with the live feed is that there's no lighting, so you see everyone exactly as they are in real life. WHICH IS AWESOME.
A few little tidbits:
- Tim Gunn walked around looking confused a LOT.
- Amy Adams looked great on the actual show but her makeup was really harsh without the lighting.
- Taraji Henson was just as happy as can be and spent a lot of time talking to the kids from Slumdog Millionaire. Her dress looked really heavy--she needed like three people to lift it up so she could step onto the platform to be interviewed.
- Mickey Rourke was carrying around a cigarette the whole time. He looked surprisingly better than I thought he would, though. I mean, not GOOD, but you know. Not as bad as I thought.
- Anne Hathaway is very freckly on her arms and back. I guess it makes sense that she would burn and freckle, since she's so fair, but her skin always looks so porcelain-y with the lighting.
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick had to tape their interview like three times. Matthew looked completely bored. Sarah Jessica kept trying to smile at him and he was NOT having it.
- Brad and Angelina looked INCREDIBLE. They really did look the best. They were very nice and friendly to everyone (although Angelina looked a little like "WTF?" when Tim Gunn grabbed her wrist as she walked by). The BEST, though, was Brad totally almost walking into one of those golden Oscar statues on the red carpet. HA HA HA. He did this exaggerated double take, like, whoa, and Angelina laughed.
I'm cruising through the actual show on DVR now. Did you watch it? Did you like Hugh Jackman? Did you like the whole "five presenter" thing for the acting awards? Who looked the best? Who looked the worst? And can you believe the director cut to Brangelina while Jennifer was presenting? ME NEITHER!