Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

All about me

Golightly just tagged me, and it couldn't have come at a better time because I am boring and cranky and completely uninteresting lately. So without further ado ...

Make a list of things you can see without getting up:
TV, lots of pillows, lamp, rug, cell phone, the clothes I've worn to work the past three days thrown over a chair (I'm bad)

What were you like when you were five?
Chatty and trying to be 25. I also read like crazy. And spied on the neighbors a lot. I guess not much has changed!

What are you wearing now?
A blue T-shirt that says "New Jersey: The Almost Heaven State" and black yoga pants

What story/book/novel have you read over and over again in your life?
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading?
One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell

Do you nap a lot?
Very rarely these days. I love naps, though.

Who was the last person you hugged?
My friend Jeff

What’s your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
I told someone today the highlight of my week right now is my Monday night date night with The Bachelor. I get something good to eat, take a bubble bath and then watch The Bachelor under a flannel blanket while I eat dessert, and it's the best thing ever. I'm also on Facebook a lot more lately. Also Vaseline.

What was the last thing you ate today?
Frozen Hostess 100-calorie strawberry cupcakes.

What websites do you always visit when you go online?
AOL, Gawker, People.com, my blog, USA Today's Entertainment blog, Facebook

What was the last thing you bought?
Dinner at work--chicken crepes with rice.

What are you listening to right now?
VH1's top 20 countdown (All-American Rejects are on right now)

What movie are (or were!) you most excited to show your kids?
A Christmas Story

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Reading minds

What is your favorite weather, and why?
Spring or fall weather--75 degrees and sunny. I feel like anything is possible on days like that.

What time do you usually get up?
I have a crazy schedule right now, so it's all across the board.

What is your most challenging goal right now?
Feeling settled and getting into a routine. Making friends outside of work and keeping up with friends who aren't here. Basically life.

Say something to the person who tagged you: Golightly is so sassy and stylish and fun. I've read her blog from the break-up script days (easily one of my favorite blog posts by any person ever) to now, her newly engaged days! I just know she will have a beautiful wedding and life with her Cowboy.

If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
Anywhere on a beach.

Favorite vacation spot?
The beach.

What is your favorite children’s book?
Nancy Drew and Anne of Green Gables

Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you:
French fries and anything with Oreos

If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be?
Brangelina! Maybe Oprah. Maybe George Clooney or Tom Cruise.

What's your favorite love song?
Love Me Still, Chaka Khan

I tag anyone who would like to participate! You copy the questions, answer them, remove a question you don't like and replace it with one you create.

My created question (feel free to answer in the comments): If your life could be like a character's in a TV show, whose would it be and why?

10 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger CelticBuffy said...

Based on my name my answer should be Buffy in BtVS, but I think I'd rather have the life of Dharma in "Dharma & Greg". Her TV life was rather a charmed one, with lots of funny anecdotes. The boho life for me!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger kim said...

If it's not too "worlds colliding", you should FB me -- do you know my last name?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Melek said...

i did this one on my blog! :)

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What, not the Bobsey Twins? I LOVED The Bobsey Twins!

And hmmm, my character from a tv show? That's a tough one.... No one is ever happy on tv, that's the rough part. Maybe Mighty Mouse. I used to love him. Or Bugs. He was always laid back and had fun.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

I love these! Gone with the Wind is my absolute favorite. Anne of Green Gables was one of my favorite childrens book.

i want to be in the Gilmore Girls.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

This was a fun read.

I'd like to be one of the asst district attorneys on Law and Order.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Bina said...

I would love to be able to read minds. I think about it all the time, but then I think, what if people are thinking things about me? Like

God, look at her hair.

Doesn't she know how to put make up on?

And what is with those clothes?

She is so retarded.

You know, things like that, and then I would cry, and then they would be thinking,

"AND she is freaking crazy, too!"

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Kristabella said...

I would want to be Lorelai Gilmore. Or Serena on GG. Or Chuck from Pushing Daisies. Or Meredith on Grey's ONLY because she gets to have sex with McDreamy. And also, so I could punch her/myself in the face.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Loved your extra question! What character would you pick, Swishy?!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Betty said...

I have to tell you- there's this product called alba un-petroleum jelly which I bought at Whole Foods. It's even better than vaseline- it's like the luxury version of it. I bet you can use it for just about anything.

Hugs,
Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home