That would be me. In no particular order, the things that are making me cranky these days:
* I have become a complete loser blog slacker, something I swore I would never do because I hate, hate, HATE when I read blogs and people never post. (I am gonna stop slacking staaaaarting ... now. For real, for real!)
* I have zero routine. Part of this is because everything is still new, part of it is because my work schedule has bounced all over the place and I'm having a hard time keeping up. I HATE not having a schedule. I know that makes me sound anal, and unless you knew me well, you probably would never guess that about me, but oh, my gosh, fewer things make me crazier. I used to get a TON done and now I get NOTHING done.
* I've barely worked out since I moved here and I haven't worked out at all since I moved into my apartment, which makes me all antsy. (Yet I've lost four pounds, which believe me, does not motivate me ONE BIT to start up again. It's probably all muscle and water, but still. Still!)
* I have gotten absolutely no Christmas shopping done. I have barely even thought about it. Christmas? What's Christmas?
* I haven't picked up my mail from the post office in like a week and a half because it's always closed when I go. I'm starting to get mail at my apartment, but not all of it ... just ask Verizon. (The bill is IN THE MAIL! I swear!)
* I have about a zillion things left to unpack and I'm still sleeping on the couch.
* I haven't been to the DMV yet because I hate the DMV and I have no time to go anyway, but it stresses me out to drive around with expired plates. Also, it stresses me out to look at that stupid cracked mirror every time I get in my car.
* I lost my thing to log into work email from home and I can't find it ANYWHERE and I just KNOW they will think I'm a total flake if I tell them I lost it.
* I have wood floors, and there's a big scratch in the living room. I saw it the day I moved in, and I asked the movers about it, and they swore it wasn't them. And you know what, I kind of believed them, because I watched them carry stuff in and everything with edges was covered. So I didn't file a claim with the moving company, but for some reason lately I am SO PARANOID about that stupid scratch. I even had a dream about it last night, that my landlord saw it and flipped out and wouldn't give me back my deposit, even though it's entirely possible it's been there forever and I just didn't notice it when I looked at the place. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? WHO DREAMS ABOUT THAT STUFF? WHY CAN'T I DREAM ABOUT HOT SEXY HOTTIES INSTEAD? So I spent like a half hour tonight Googling how to remove scratches. Did you know you can fix a scratch by melting a crayon and mixing it with lemon juice and oil? Who knew? I am scared to try it, though, because I am not MacGyver. I might try this instead.
* I have been thinking a lot about life and change and people and choices. It's all complicated stuff that sometimes makes me sad, which is sort of an offshoot of cranky.
* It was very weird going back last week. It was great and fun but I felt a little bit like I had one foot in one life and one foot in the other. I felt like I hadn't moved, like I'd just been on a really long business trip or something. I've been a little off-kilter since. It's a really strange feeling.
Basically, I think I'm just having a hard time feeling settled. I'm off today, so I'll be able to get a lot done (I hope). In the meantime, these things are helping me feel a little less cranky:
* My hair. I can get away with sloppy hair for like a week after I get it cut, which means more sleep for me. BIG yay on that one.
* On the plane, I (finally) finished reading Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. It's so good, such a perfect book about office life.
* The Bonnie Hunt Show. Please, someone, tell me you have seen her show. She is just the nicest, funniest, most genuine person in the world, and it always makes me a little happy to see even just a couple minutes of her show.
* My DVR. I FINALLY have a DVR and it is merely the BEST THING EVER even though I haven't had time to watch anything on it yet.
* Nice, awesome people like all of you. Thank you for listening, I feel less cranky already. Have a great day, everyone!