Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The girl who fell off the face of the earth

(That would be me.)

Hi, everyone! How are you? I hope you're good. I'm good, just going around like a complete and total crazy person lately. I had the whole move-in and then I worked all weekend. I've also been going out a lot, which is great being the new girl in town and all, but BAD when you consider that last night was the first night in a week that I got more than four hours of sleep. I almost did a face plant in my yogurt the other morning.

OK, let's play quick catch-up and then I'll write more later ...

* I'm about halfway unpacked, maybe a little more, which isn't really that terrible but isn't really that good, either. My little "stay in the hotel until I get everything unpacked" idea sort of backfired on me, because I didn't get over to the apartment enough and it was very weird having stuff in two places and blah blah blah. So now I'm like, fine, I'm just moving in like a normal person, and if staring at mountains of paper and boxes every day doesn't make me unpack fast, nothing will. So tonight is the last night in the hotel (which I would have to be out of by Monday anyway).

* In related news, the cable guy is coming tomorrow morning. No, that is definitely not a coincidence, and yes, I am as giddy as a girl on prom night, thank you for asking.

* So get this, I actually have a hot guy neighbor. I haven't had a hot guy neighbor since college and it is all very exciting and new except I DON'T HAVE A PEEPHOLE! How am I supposed to spy on someone without a peephole? (Rhetorical question. You know me, I'll find a way if I have to drill a peephole myself, and you'll all get to see the pictures. But still.)

* Speaking of boys, the boys are insane here. Like, insane in a "I think I'm the first girl they've seen in five years" way. I could fill a thousand blog posts with stories of the boys here, and I might have to do just that. IN. SANE.

* OK, you haven't had a "Stupid Swishy" story in a while (like, what? a week?). So you know that great garage I have? You know how tired I said I was? You know how sometimes it gets really, really dark at night and sometimes you can't see what you're doing because there's not enough light? Well. I was backing out of my garage a couple days ago, and it was sooo dark, and it was only like the second time I'd backed out of it, and ... CRUNCH. Oh, yes. Yes, I did. I totally tore off part of the sideview mirror on my brand-new, pristine car. I sat there for a second and I was like, well. OK. And then I got out, picked up all the glass and the plastic, and drove away.

Can you believe that? I was like, DUMB! How dumb! But there was obviously nothing I could do about it, so I tried not to spaz about it too much. I actually did something kind of like that to my last car when I first got it. Now I get to pay to have my car fixed just shy of its two-month birthday. So awesome I can't stand it.

* I am totally appalled that Ashlee Simpson named her baby Bronx Mowgli Wentz (BMW).

* I am even more appalled that Spencer and Heidi eloped. WHAT. THE. HELL.

* I am off to bed, my friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

29 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Blogger House of Jules said...

Glad you've come up for air! I was wondering how you're doing! OH HOW I MISS THE MEN OUT EAST! Yay for you! So sorry to read about your car mirror, that totally sucks... and is SO something I'd do.
As for Speidi, I read a quote supposedly said by her father and nearly gagged. He said, "Well, we'll just have to put on another wedding here in Colorado!", which means, MTV will probably be filming a SPEIDI WEDDING IN CO. Blargh. They should both take a long walk off of a short pier... and just in general, how dumb is Audrina to think LC hooked up w/ JB? For reals. The girl is dumb.
Happy Turkey Day, lady!
xoxo,
Mowgli & Jules
House of Jules

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger DeeMarie said...

I'll be moving in 2 weeks. I totally feel your pain. I currently have half my boxes packed and in my garage, and I'm rotating about 7 outfits.
Sorry about the car!! UGH! Can't wait to see what Hot Neighbor looks like!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, lucky girl with a hot neighbor! I had a hot neighbor in my last place... but he didn't move in until I was already pretty seriously dating my husband. Bummer! ;)

And umm bummer on your car. I hate that when stupid things happen. Glad you didn't freak too much about it though.

And happy Thanksgiving -- do you get to spend time with family?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Ooooo, the boy situation could be fun. Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Well, maybe you're right about the boys, but perhaps they simply haven't seen a Swishy before.

Love the post. You made such a good decision with this move. Yeaaaa. Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I.CAN'T.BELIEVE.YOU.KNOCKED.THE.MIRROR.OFF.YOUR.CAR.

If I didn't love you so much, I'd have to call you a major dumb shit.

OH, and I totally totally saw you on TV last night! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!! Hubby was watching!!!!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

In that previous comment, I did write: NEW.CAR.

It just didn't post for some reason.

True fact -- my word verification is: MULORDY

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I knew it!! I knew you'd have a hot neighbor! It's perfect, and prime for posting here...

I missed that Ashlee Simpson news--but did you really expect more from the girl who gave us Lala?!!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kristabella said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Ree said...

Happy Thanksgiving Swishy! Wanna come over for turkey?

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and it is all very exciting and new" = huge

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

????????

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Woohoo a new post! So glad that things are going well and I'm jealous that you have a hot guy neighbor. I am sorry about your car but it gave me a good laugh. LOL. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Now would you still date your hot neighbor if it turns out his name is Bronx Mowgli?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger cubmommy said...

So glad to hear you are still alive and doing good. Can't wait to hear the great stories about your new hot neighbor guy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Pete and Ashlee's kid is so going to be beat up with that name.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Andie said...

wow. lots going on with you!

soooo.... you're in the east somewhere, eh? :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

oh, and your car mirror- that's easy to get fixed. :)

and you should totally flirt with your hot neighbor!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Beth said...

THANK GOD YOU ARE ALIVE!!!! I thought maybe CIA man followed you ro something...and BMW??!!! What. the.hell??? I could not WAIt to talk to you about that! bronx might be ok, thos he should be a jolie-Pitt with a name like that, but MOWGLI???!! HUH? hey, I love the jungle Book just as much as the next person, but that's just a littlw twisted, if you ask me, which you did! ;)

and where the hell are the pictures swish???? of all the cute boys??!!

AND YOUR CAR!!!!!! I did the very same thing to ours except I ran into a tree...I also backed into my husband's cruiser...long story.

Love you Swish! I'm so happy that you are making friends adn going out every night!

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous dimples said...

well you do live in north dakota so of course the guys are going to be all over you. fresh meat in town!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Ha ha ... very funny :)

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Melek said...

i had a hot guy upstairs neighbor once, and i totally stalked him, checking the mail 10 times a day, making sure to walk my dog around the same time he'd be coming home. not that i wanted to go out with him (i was dating JD at the time), but i just wanted to look at him....he was THAT good looking :)

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Betty said...

I've done that! I've knocked the sideview mirror off my car! I did it on bushes, which is even harder for people to believe.

I'm eagerly awaiting our first photo of hot guy neighbor. Acyually, I'm kind od wondering if we might get a Cable Guy story too....

Hugs,
Betty

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Bina said...

What the hell kind of name is that for a kid?? What is wrong with people!!!!

You tore your mirrow off? Only you Swish, only you, so I'm not going to be surprised, but damn do I want to hear some of those boy stories!!!!! You should be in man heaven right now, which might explain why you are only getting four hours of sleep a night, huh???

And yes, you BETTER post pictures!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Can you please retitle this blog post:

The girl who is still fallen off the face of the earth.

Thank you.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Ok ... so I have been outta blog land for such a long time, I am sure I missed it - where did you move to? Frannie's neck of the woods - PNW??
COuld it be?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

Wow ! Sounds like you've had tons going on. Can't wait to hear more about the boys.

And I'm giggling about your car's mirror. oops!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

As I was reading I totally thought you had forgot to open the garage door. Who uses sideview mirrors anyways?

Sometimes I like to park my car just touching the gargage door, just to drive Honey nuts. Or I pull in half in the driveway and half on the grass at an angle. Mind you ,not our grass, the house next door burnt down and I confiscated the extra parking.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous courtney said...

Good to hear an update!

I haven't had a hot neighbor in FOREVER because I don't count the dorm rooms so I'm way jealous.

That sucks about your car!

I agree that BMW is a really really lousy name.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Bina said...

WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED!!!!!!!!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

So great to hear from you again Swishy! Yay! I can't wait for pictures of hot neighbor guy and stories of insane men. Yes, now you owe us since you brought it up :) It sounds like overall things are going okay and you're getting settled in though, which is wonderful! You've been missed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home