Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Harder to breathe

(Oh, how I love when the double-meaning title just writes itself!)

Ohhhh, goodness. Hi, you guys. I know I promised I wouldn't disappear when I got stressed but ... apparently I lied. I didn't mean to lie, though! I'm sorry. Things have been a little intense around here, and I was going to write about it but thinking about it is making me not be able to breathe a little bit, so I'm not gonna, at least not tonight. It's all moving stuff and life stuff and ... you know.

Anyway! On to other things. I have this totally, totally great group of friends here. It's a little weird, though, because three of them have moved in the past couple of months, all at the same time, and now I'm moving, so we have to be all strategic and creative about getting together now. One of my friends had a birthday last week, so we decided to plan something around that. (The girls who moved all moved within a few hours' drive, so THAT part is good, at least. I'm the only one moving HALFWAY ACROSS THE WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY. Sigh.)

So anyway, they drove in to meet the rest of us and we got to play a little. We went to one of those bead places to make earrings, and my friend was like, hey, we should each make six pairs of earrings so we can all take home a pair from everyone! I was like, oh, my gosh, that's genius. I totally felt like a kid getting a goody bag at a birthday party.



Can you guess which ones I made? I'll give you a hint: they're my least favorite. I totally could not decide which beads to use and I think everyone else's turned out way cuter. My future as a jewelry designer: over before it even started. Boo.

After we did that, we went to dinner, and THEN we went to a Counting Crows-Maroon 5 concert. It was SO FUN! I am always happy to see Counting Crows. August and Everything After is one of my favorite albums ever, and they're pretty good live. But Adam, oh, Adam. I have never seen a man who needs a hug (and another Jack and Coke) more than Adam Duritz during a concert. I guess I would be melancholy too if I'd unsuccessfully dated both Jennifer Aniston AND Courteney Cox. (Both of them! That never fails to amaze me.)

We missed the opening act, Augustana, but they came out and performed a bit with Counting Crows. I LOVE their lead singer. He is just the cutest thing ever with his cute little hats and his cute little voice.

And Maroon 5! LET ME JUST TELL YOU. I know that Adam Levine is a complete manwhore. I've read the Rolling Stone interview, I've heard the stories, and if he'd been obnoxious, I would not have been one bit surprised. But listen to me. That man is SEX ON A STICK. At the exact same moment, when he started singing a cover of Wicked Game, my friend and I turned to each other and were like, "I TOTALLY GET IT NOW." He is incredibly, incredibly hot when he's performing, and charming, too. I totally and completely would, and so would every single one of you, I guarantee it. It was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

And, of course, it wouldn't have been a night out without a little stalkerazzi-ing. This couple in front of us was laying on top of each other under a mess of blankets, going to town, so you know we had to take a picture.



I'd blame the sexpertise of Adam Levine, but he wasn't even on stage yet. Did they see the flash go off in their faces? Yes, they did. Did it faze them? Not one bit.

27 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

Oh! I'm so jealous of you going to see Maroon 5! The last time I saw Augustana I was blown away by how teeny tiny their lead singer is. I swear he must be at least half my weight :)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Adam Levine IS such a slut! and skinny!!! But I would hit it, I'm sure! ;)

and I bet that couple LOVED it that you took their picture!!!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger DeeMarie said...

Adam Levine. Sex on a stick. So true, so true.
Did I miss it or will you tell us where you're moving to??

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Crazed said...

Swishy's earings are awesome! Do not let her snow you. They are perfect. I imagine that we will all like our own the least because the others mean so much more!!!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

Maroon 5, Augustana, and the Counting Crows? What a concert!!!!

Funny about the couple under the blanket.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

oh, the earring making sounds fun.

:)

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the earrings idea. a group of my best girlfriends try to do something like that every other month. we made nightlights out of colored glass pieces last time. sounds like you have a great support group for this stressful time. good luck!
tt

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Melek said...

i totally want to hang out with you. you do the funnest things! i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see CC and M5 together or separately. man, they rock. have you seen the SNL digital short with adam levine in it? hysterical: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lztUPIkOevs

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger ballerinatoes said...

My best friend had her birthday party at a bead shop a few weeks ago! It was so much fun. I want to copy her and do the same for mine and maybe incorporate the earring idea.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger dragonfly said...

I've heard of shops where you can make your own pottery but nothing about making your own earrings. Is this some sort of chain store or a Mom&Pop small biz? Sounds like FUN!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

I love the earrings!! And I'm totally jealous about the concert.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

Oh, I love Counting Crows. Glad you had a fun gals adventure! I can't tell which earrings are yours - I think they're all cute! Is it the pink ones?

Ah, to be so in lust that you don't even care if you end up on someone's blog in a make out picture - is it just me who's a teeeeeeeeeeny bit jealous? Or should I be totally grossed out? If so, ignore the first part.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I loved all of the earings, would totally wear all of them. What a great idea.

The concert sounded amazing, but what a show you had right in front of you!

Good friends always find a way to stay together and close. You and your friends will too. Plus, you will not have any trouble making new friends....you could make friends any place Swishy! People know a good person and friend when they see it.

XXXXXXXX
Cheryl (Eileen, moved my blog, started using my first name instead of my middle)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Kristabella said...

I love Adam Levine. I know I shouldn't. But, he's just so sexy and I love the way he sings.

And I love him even though he is a manwhore AND know he's sex on a stick. I DO NOT CARE.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Andie said...

i agree adam levine is HOT.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

Oh my word - I'd love to hear Adam sing Wicked Game. Swoon!!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

Hey Swishy, I tagged you for a MeMe on my blog - it helped me distract myself so I thought it might help you take your mind off your move, temporarily. At least, long enough to come up with 7 quirks about yourself - which for me took 2 secs because I'm a bit of an oddball :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ohhh IIIIIIIIIIII don't wanna fall in love... with you. Guess what song I have going through my head now!

What a great idea. I may have to look into jewelry making like that for a fun girls' night by me! That's one of those things that I'd love to learn how to do but ummm this whole time thing doesn't work for me.

And I LOVE that the flash totally didn't bother them. Then again, if I'm getting it on good, I suppose I wouldn't care either. Maybe.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

SEX ON A STICK!

I don't think I've ever heard that one. You totally made that one up, didn't you??

God, I am going to miss the hell out of you when you move. :(

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

That's next-level photography! Some of us would have TALKED a bit game about snapping a pic for the blog, but you executed. Nice work (especially given the slight dither brought on by Mr. Maroon 5 :) )

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Barb said...

What a great concert. I am so jealous. And I LOVE all the earrings.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I GOT MY PACKAGE TODAY SWISHY!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! AND THAT CHOCOLATE WAS DAY-UM GOOD!!!

Thanks girlfriend! You're the best and you totally made my day!

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Adam Levine = total manwhore


yep.



I agree wi' cha.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Counting Crows! They are one of my all time favorite bands.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Cecily R said...

Sex on a stick....that image is now burned into my brain. And now I MUST see the sexy stick in person.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

I LOVE Maroon 5!! Good luck with your move..... i know what you're going through only we travelled across the world!! Once you're there it will be cool.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger MALIK IMRAN AWAN said...

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶´´´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´¶´´´´´´´´´´´¶´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´¶
´¶´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´´¶´´´´¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶
´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶´´´´¶´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶
´´´´¶´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´¶´´´´´´´¶
´´´´¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶
´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´¶
´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´¶
´´´´´´´´¶¶¶´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´
´´´´´´´´´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶´¶
´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´¶´¶¶
´´´´´´´´´¶´´¶¶´´´´´¶´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´´´¶´´¶´
´´¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶´¶´´´´´´¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
´´¶¶´´´´´´¶¶¶¶´´´´´¶´¶¶´´´´´¶¶
´´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶
´´´¶¶´´´´´´´´´¶´´´¶´´´´´´´´´´¶
´´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶´´´¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶




_______e$$$$$$$$$$e
______$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
_____d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$b
_____$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
____4$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F
____4$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$F
_____$$$"_"$$$$"_"$$$F
_____$$F___4$$F___4$$
_____$$F___4$$F___F$$
_____'$$___$$$$___$$'
______4$$$$$"^$$$$$4
_______$$$$F__F$$$$
________"$$$ee$$$"
________._*$$$$*_
_________$_____.$
_________"$$$$$$"
__________^$$$$
_4$$c_______""_______.$$_
_^$$$b______________e$$$"
_d$$$$$e__________z$$$$$b
4$$$*$$$$$c____.$$$$$*$$$_
_""____^*$$$be$$$*"____^"
__________"$$$$"
________.d$$P$$$b
_______d$$P___^$$$b
___.ed$$$"______"$$$be.
_$$$$$$P__________*$$$$$$
4$$$$$P____________$$$$$$"
_"*$$$"____________^$$P
____""______________^"



WOW WHAT A BEAUTY I LIKE YOURS CHOICE THANK YOU
VERY MUCH FOR NICE BLOG. TAKE CARE,BEST WISHES.

SEE MY WORLDS BEST COOL PHOTOS BANK!

NOW COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST PHOTOS
IN ONE PLACE.

NOW VISIT ALL MY BLOG AND ENJOY

http://awanbank.blogspot.com/

http://pakway.blogspot.com/

http://ipakway.blogspot.com/

http://cwildlife.blogspot.com/

http://idesix.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home