Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

French fry, Quarter Pounder or Big Mac?

Sooooo. I'm driving home the other night, it's like 12:30 a.m., and I'm like, I kind of want some McDonald's french fries. So I pull into the drive-thru at the 24-hour McD's, and as I'm placing my order I see this kid running down the hill toward a bunch of office buildings. I'm like, hmm, random. But, you know, whatever.

I pull around to the window and hand the guy my money. He's kind of looking past me, and he doesn't reach for the money right away, so I'm like, "I'm sorry ... am I supposed to pull up to the next window?" And then he kind of snaps out of it and goes, no, no, I'm sorry, it's just that this COMPLETELY NAKED GUY just ran up here and took some food, and that other guy started chasing him. And I'm like, whoa, whoa, back up ... a naked WHAT did WHAT?

Yeah. Naked dude comes out of nowhere, snatches the bag as they're handing it out the window, and runs off. And then, NATURALLY, instead of just reordering their food, the boys in front of me have to jump out of their car and chase him.

(I mean, really. What were they planning to do when they caught him? They think they're reaching for an apple pie, and they come back with ... who KNOWS what?)

Of course I start laughing so hard I think I might die. I pull up to the next window, where everyone inside is completely losing it.

Me: So ... I hear you guys are having an exciting night.
Guy at window: UNBELIEVABLE. He was COMPLETELY naked and just appeared out of nowhere. Fastest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Me (laughing): No way.
Guy: Yeah. He came last week, too, same time and everything.
Me: Wait, wait, WAIT a second! He came LAST week and took a bag of food, too?
Guy: Yeah, same time. We got him on video this time, though. We're gonna come up with a plan to catch him.

A plan! They're gonna hatch a plan to catch the McDonald's streaker! I would just LOVE to see the police lineup for that one. (Do you dare me and my camera to go back next week at the same time? I might dare myself.)

34 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Midwest Gent said...

I guarantee you will be there next week. I don;t think you will be able to help yourself.

The best thing about this post is any other blogger I would accuse of making this up but with you that is not the case!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger shopgirl said...

OMG - I would TOTALLY go back. I'd even take my "queen" girlfrieds with me. Too funny!!
Be sure to have your camera ready!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger DeeMarie said...

I Triple-Dog-Dare you!!!!! Please get us more details!!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Angela Williams Duea said...

Swishy, how do these things happen to you???? You are a magnet for the bizarre!

They're getting a photo of him? So they can identify...things...in the police lineup?

angelawd: the writer gets the last word

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

These things only happen to you...which is why I'm glad you're moving closer, because we could use some excitement in this part of the country :)

And honestly, I think if someone streaks the McD's drive thru window, they've earned the fries...

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger The Gang's All Here! said...

huh. makes my day almost seem tame. ALMOST!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Crazed said...

This only happens to you!!! ... Oh and the poor McD workers. I can just hear it now; "So glad you made me get a job, mom... guess what I saw today!"

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Andie said...

ROFLOL that is HILARIOUS!!!

you totally need to go back and catch it on camera. :) Do you live in a college town or something? LOL

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger dragonfly said...

You know you HAVE to go back with a camera. That is about the most hilarious thing I've read all week.

I only get weird animals running down the street... you get naked people. What's up with that? *grin*

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Elle Charlie said...

Where do you live that you see this kind of excitement? I never see this kind of excitement. Maybe I need to eat more fast food????

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger kk said...

it's official - some people have too much time on their hands.

(seriously, a serial streaker? who steals food? that guy needs a hobby)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

That is one hungry man if he's willing to snatch food naked.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Did you ask to be part of their plan and take pictures? Then you could blog them to us....

It's not like the naked guy has a gun on him, and he didn't steal any money..He just wanted his McFix.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

Go for it. And be sure to post about - - details!! *grin*

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, you have SO got to stake out the McD's next week. And tell us what you find. How else can you impress your secret agent boyfriend? Gotta do some sleuthing!

Of course, the mission may also scar you for life, but that's one of the risks secret agents take, isn't it?

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Ree said...

Oh yes, they call him The Streak,
Fastest thing on two feet....

Oh, wait, are you too young to remember that?

Snort.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Can't wait to hear the end of this story next week. You'll prolly catch the guy yourself!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I'm with deemarie, I triple dog dare you to go back next week! Of course you have to post the outcome!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That is hilarious! You totally have to do your own little stake out.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger KATE said...

Oh I SO dare you! Double Dog Dare, whatever it takes. I am in on that one! PLEASE, that is WAY too funny!!! :P

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger kim said...

I was wondering when you going to bring the camera into this post. This situation call for a camera!

for the record -- that kind of effort deserves free food -- let him go.

to ree -- "look at dat, look at dat"

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Barrie said...

Yes, I dare you. In fact, do you have a video camera?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

Ha. That is funny.

The BEST things happen to you. I swear!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

What a happening McD's!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Candy said...

great.

now I'm hungry :-P

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Melek said...

Oh PLEASE go back next week! and when he streaks off you have to shout "Where's the BEEF?!!"

i was at taco bell last night, and we didn't have any nakes people excitement...bummer.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I soooo want fries with THAT shake!!!

ANd you daring youself to do that reminds me of the time we were all in the car and Tukey said, "Guess what everyone? I just dared myself to eat a booger."

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tracy Marchini said...

ha ha, that is excellent!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

laughing my ass off

They think they're reaching for an apple pie, and they come back with ... who KNOWS what?

HILARIOUS

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger theophany said...

i googled myself and came here. odd.
your blog is... pretty neat. mm. i complemented someone. eh.
want to be blog friend? heh.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Cecily R said...

PULEEEEEEEZE go back!

And I'm MAD. Manic totally stole my line.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

oh, that's funny.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

OH I DARE!! And I expect to hear all about it tomorrow!!!

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger XYZinn said...

THAT is hilarious! And even more hilarious is that you are still driving around late at night going to drive thrus....just like the good ol days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home