Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, August 11, 2008

This is getting ridiculous

(And, no, I am not talking about the fact that my car battery has become as temperamental as a sugared-up, nap-deprived 2-year-old, or the fact that comments on my last post apparently are showing up on a delay or not at all. Although I COULD be. Definitely. Especially considering that the car battery also chose to act up--read: die three times--on the day I got a flat tire. Buuuut ... we're not talking about that.)

I have always been a big dreamer, and I don't mean in a theoretical, "reach for the stars" way. I mean literally. You know those people who say they don't dream, or don't remember very many details of their dreams? Not me.

But this? THIS is getting absolutely, unbelievably ridiculous. The past few weeks, I have been having the craziest, most vivid dreams. Like EVERY night. You know about Mr. Mayer and his Wonder Lips. Well, the other night, I dreamed that I was going to die. I had until the end of the weekend, and I was writing cards to people, telling them goodbye, and I started to panic because I was running out of time. I walked out to where my mom was sitting and I just started to cry my eyes out, like, "I just need one more day. I want more time than that, but I have to have one more day."

Yeah. Fun dream. So, naturally, I woke up in the middle of the night completely freaked out.

I fell back to sleep a little while later and had a dream that I went to visit an old friend of mine who just had twins, someone I haven't seen since high school. I could remember her little girl's name, but not the boy's, so I got embarrassed and left ... to a box at the Super Bowl. There were a ton of people in there, and all of a sudden someone squeezes in and sits down next to me. I turn, and it's this guy I haven't spoken to since college. He asks me what I'm doing these days, and I can smell his cologne, and I'm not really sure where he's going with any of it, so I get up and walk into this other part of the box, where I see Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill.

This is the part where the record needle scratches, like, "Uhhhhherrrrrrrrhhhhh."
SETH ROGEN and JONAH HILL. Actually, Jonah Hill just walked past me, so he really wasn't in it, but SETH ROGEN. Why. WHY. WHO DREAMS ABOUT SETH ROGEN? I'm not even going to get into the rest of it other than to say apparently Seth Rogen and I are having lunch at noon on Tuesday (which, as I'm typing that, makes me think Sheryl Crow* must have been playing in the background). And, yes, John Mayer is a much, much better kisser and I can't believe I just said that but it had to be said.

And then the next night I had a dream I told Miley Cyrus she was a ho. I have no idea why.

Sadly, despite my best attempts, I have yet to dream about hot, broad-shouldered Olympic swimmers. I'll keep you posted.

(* From the song All I Wanna Do. Just because I don't think anyone else in the world will get that.)

18 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Bina said...

A dream interpreter would a GREAT time with this!

I dream a lot, but it's usually scary stuff, not random stuff. Or having sex with people I have NEVER seen before in my life, and yet they are damn good looking men that I wonder, "Hmmmm".

LOL

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

Seth Rogen??? Okay.

I dream like you do. Mostly it's very entertaining. Except I once had a fevered dream about Jim Rockford and Todd will never let me forget it. Every time James Garner - who is old enough to be my father at least - is on something Todd wiggles his eyebrows at me. Come on! It wasn't James Garner I had the torrid affair with! It was a 30-something Rockford! There's a HUGE difference!!!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I dream a lot too but half the time I don't remember them.

I was just in the airport where I overheard this woman talking about this guy she knew who had a recurring dream about falling off cliff and dying. Then he ended up getting in a car accident where his car when off a cliff and he died.

Let's just say it FREAKED me out!!!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

I had to google Seth Rogen. I'm a dork. BUT... I recognized him, so that's not bad. :)

I'm a weird dreamer too. But it's usually about people in my real life and I hate that, because it makes me either blush or want to vomit when I see them after the dream.

Sorry about your car. That sucks!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Candyland said...

wow! I wish I could REMEMBER my dreams! I've always heard that dreams reveal what your subconcious is thinking.....hmmm;-)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

You know, some people just cannot relay dreams in a good way; you know they're telling the dream like it's the best thing on earth, and you're thinking in your head, "yeah. STUPID!" but not yours! Yours are totally movie-ish and great!

speaking of dreams--horrible one for me last night--Aloha Air was hovering over us like flying very low and Hawaiians with leis were just jumping out of the planes along with bombs. It was horrible.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Maybe you can dream about Stephanie Rice tonight. Google her...she's a swimmer.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Michael said...

Or maybe Amanda Beard. Or maybe, just maybe, Jennie Finch.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Perhaps with the ending of your job, a lot of stress and tension has left you and so your mind is free to be creative?? That's all I can think of.

As for dreaming about dying, I dreamed when I was 10 or so that I was going to die at age 30. It didn't happen. Hope that helps. As for Seth Rogen, he'd be thrilled but you can do better!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Fun dreams! Ok, except for the dying one. That one's not so good.

Dreams mean you're doing much deeper and better sleeping than you were before, so that means your stress level is down, which is good, right? Ever since I went back to work, my dreams have almost completely stopped. Hmmm. And I usually have the SUPER in depth detailed dreams you're talking about.

But ummm who's Seth Rogan?

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger KATE said...

Wow, those are some serious dreams girl!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger kim said...

I totally got the sheryl crow thing.

I'm going to google seth rogan though -- no idea.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger kim said...

Oh I love that guy!

your brain is still trying to work out how he and izzy made it work in "knocked up" -- that's all -- you're okay.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kristabella said...

I love Seth Rogen. For some odd reason.

And I have also WILLED myself to dream about half-naked olympic swimmers and nothing. I'm pretty upset about it.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I dream very biblical end of the world dreams in which terrible things happen and all life on earth is wiped out, but somehow I survive and have to deal with the aftermath. Rarely do I dream I am having sex with someone and I never kiss anybody. I guess physical contact isn't high on my list of things to dream about. lol.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger DeeMarie said...

I generally never remember my dreams... and John Mayer? I so would want to remember that!! (probably not so much with Seth)

And as for my blog, I totally thought of you when I posted it! :)

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger La La said...

I know that my dreams (read nightmares) have been more vivid since I finished teaching summer school and have the month of August off, so having time off might make room for them to be more vivid and more frequent!

Your descriptions are wild.

Funny about the PEOPLE magazine!

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dreamt I was a raccoon hiding alongside another raccoon inside the trashed remains of my old middle school. What does that mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home