Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Media mish-mosh

* All right, I saw the new Batman movie. It's good, of course, and Heath Ledger is very creepy and good in it. But I TOTALLY think that if he is gonna be nominated for an Oscar, Aaron Eckhart should be too, because he was awesome. I didn't really realize how good he was until the very end, and then you look back at the whole arc and it's like, whoaaaa ... he was REALLY good.

* Jerry Maguire was on this weekend, and seriously. SERIOUSLY. Whenever I see it, I'm like, WHAT HAPPENED TO RENEE ZELLWEGER? She totally had bad plastic surgery after that movie or something. Her eyes are all squinty now and they didn't used to be like that at all. (P.S. I don't care if it's wrong, I still think Tom Cruise is hot in that movie. Not as hot as in Top Gun or A Few Good Men, but hot.)

* So I am watching I Love Money right now and I am dying. DYING. I always feel a little dirty when I watch this show, but it's just so ... all right, FINE, I have no defense. None. It is a complete train wreck of a show, and I'm a rubbernecker.

Anyway, so Destiney is all upset because Heat didn't stand up for her, when Entertainer sweeps in and they have an exchange that goes something like this:

Her (crying): "You don't understand."
Him: "It's OK. I feel sad sometimes and feel like I want to cry, too."
Her: "You don't understand. I'm going to get my period any second. I'm premenstrual, I'm (bleeped out) ... I have feelings!!!"

He continues to nod sympathetically and rub her back. All with the hope that if he rubs her back and pretends to care about her PMS for a little longer, she'll have sex with him. It was such a random, bizarre scene ... I totally could not stop laughing.

* I read London is the Best City in America by Laura Dave last week, and oh, my gosh, I loved this book so much I want to marry it, move to a little house on the beach together and live happily ever after. I LOVED this book. I completely got it in so many different ways.

* So in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, there's a column about Katherine Heigl. I like Katherine Heigl very much. She gets ripped on a lot for some of the things she says, but this column TOTALLY defended her and I TOTALLY agree with it. The gist: She says what's on her mind, which occasionally annoys some people, but she's not boring (not to mention right a lot of the time), and do you honestly WANT another cookie-cutter dumb blonde girl in Hollywood? I was like, AMEN.

And now (huge sigh) I actually have to go be productive now. Saaaaaad!

20 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Patti said...

i am so relieved that i am not the only person on the planet that dreams of marrying inanimate objects...

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Beth said...

ahhh My Swishy. What would I do without you, huh? You make my day!!! Who else out there is so caught up i n random celebrities lives? I can talk about someone and you TOTALLY get what I'm talking about! Tom WAS hot in that movie!! He's nbot now, of course,a nd have you seen katie's hands??? WTF? and he so sucking the very soul right out of her...her eyes are EMPTY! or else she is very heavily medicated, which I would have to be too, cuz he is in no way near as hot as he used to be, ya know?

I actaully saw a little snippet of a picture of Hallie's baby on Perez today!! No face but she does look cute. I wanna see that baby. and THE TWINS cuz you know the earth will stop revolving when those pictures come out.

I'm gonna find that book you talked about and read it...so I can run away to the beach too!

xoxox

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

at first I wasn't like Katherine Heigl, thought she was too crass - now I'm liking her sassiness.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Kristabella said...

I just hope that they don't nominate Heath just because he's dead. I haven't seen it, and I'm sure he's awesome in it, but I really hope if he's nominated, it is truly deserved.

I Love Money is like my crack. If I was a crack whore.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OK, Swish, next time we talk you have got to tell me what this I LOVE MONEY show is all about. Am I the only person on the planet who does not know about this show. I am such a television LOSER (except of course when it comes to American Idol and Curious George!) ... So, tell me please--is it a show where they do stupid shit to make money? It's like I didn't get into Rock of Love until it was just Daisy and Ambre (and isn't that the way she spelled her name, all dumb like that?)

The boys saw Batman. Diva and I saw Mamma Mia-- LOVED IT! But not enough to marry it and move to a little house in the woods with it.

I SOOO have to check out that book. I really didn't think I'd get it.

Now, what about YOU--you writing?!?!?!?!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love money
yeahhhh boyeee
love me some money
bring the noiiiiise
love the dolla bill
the dolla dolla bill y'all
can't give you no thrill
it's way too small y'all

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger kay said...

i too love katherine. i love that she is honest and not stuck up hollywood.

heath was AMAZING in that movie. even if he hadn't died (me crying) he would still be getting huge kudos for his job in this movie.

and fyi you WILL sing in Mamma Mia. even if you don't want to...you will

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

You are so right about Aaron Eckhart. He totally blew me away right along with Heath and Christian. I can't wait to go see it again.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I Love Money? I'm not sure how I missed that one. I was going to ask you your opinion on a show a friend of mine told me about at dinner tonight, but now I can't remember the name. It was on E or Bravo and like EW crossed with the Daily Show. *sigh* My brain is fried. I'm blaming it on the caffeine from yesterday.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Oh, I'm glad it's not just me wondering what happend to Renee's eyes. Was noticing that the other day. She looks like she needs glasses even when she's wearing them. Weird.

Gotta get that book even if all I read is the title. Love the title.

And you don't have to be productive on a Sunday. Or even a Monday or Tuesday if you don't wanna. :)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger MereinSC said...

Thanks for your comment!

I agree that Tom Cruise was at his peak hottness in Top Gun! I also love Katherine Heigl!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger kim said...

Movies are all about suspending reality anyway -- go ahead and enjoy Tom Cruise without guilt..."take my breath awaaaaayyyy..."

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Bina said...

I can't wait to see the new Batman Movie!!!! And the book, huh? I will definitely have to look that up. But seriously, I would move to the beach, alone, just to live there!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger THopgood said...

I've heard so many people talk about that show...I'm just gonna have to sit down and watch it to find out what all the hooplah's about!

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww yeaaaaaah
the money money money
straaiiight butta
mix it wit some honey
daaassss riiight
feelin' hot unda da colla
awwwww yeaaaaaah
can i get a hunnit dolla

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Sherry said...

I'm always looking for a good read and if it's one you want to marry that it's going on my TBR list!!

 
At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring it straight
from la la land
don' you hate
betta understand
g in the house
up in the hotel
gonna turn you out
hell naw don' tell

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

How do you DO that????

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger XYZinn said...

I LOVE I Love Money! It is my favorite naughty show to watch. The people on there are so trashy, it's a train wreck. My friend Ku and I watch it every Sunday and laugh. Oh, by the way, I totally got your message, but I am waaaayyy low on minutes, so I have to wait until the weekend or after 9pm to call you!! :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home