Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I have missed you guys

I really, really have. It has been sheer craziness around here and I literally have not had one second to write anything. I was at work until 3 a.m. on Friday night (happy Fourth of July to me), 2 a.m. on Saturday night and then on Sunday I worked from 11:30 a.m. to 7 A.M. THE NEXT DAY. It has been a very intense, very emotional week, and I was in the middle of writing a pensive, reflective post about it all when ...

(Are you ready for this? Get ready ...)

THE CIA AGENT WALKED INTO MY COFFEE SHOP!!!

Of COURSE I forgot my stupid camera today, and OF COURSE I picked the booth by the soda machine so I can't really see him very well, but how's THIS for intel: His name is Matt. They just called it out so he could go to the counter and get his order. I had to hurry and minimize my screen so he couldn't see what I was doing, so I don't know what he ordered, but I will find out. Ohhh, yes, you can count on that. I DO know that it requires salt, because he just got up to get some.

I have SO found my calling. Hello, there, new career. So nice to meet you!

***

Update 1: He just went to the bathroom. Ladies and gentlemen, he has a bladder.

***

Update 2: He gets up to leave. He slows down as he walks past my booth ... and then he ever-so-subtly-and-secret-spyishly slides down his aviators (AVIATORS!) and gives me a look before walking out the door. HE IS SO TOTALLY ON TO ME!

(P.S. Pensive and reflective post to come tomorrow.)

21 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Matt and Swish--what a great sound!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

Hahaha! I'm totally picturing some Burn Notice scene in my head. Is he a handsome spy?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger House of Jules said...

Missed you, too! Hey, you don't think he's hacking into your computer when you're in there, do you? Ooooh, you should order a coffee under the name "MRS. MATT" just to see how he reacts. Of course, don't pick it up right away, make them YELL it. This is gonna be so great.... ;)
Jules
House of Jules

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

HA HA HA ... can you imagine???

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Or give them a fake really exotic name for your order and then have them call you up there--you can be whoever you want to!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger shopgirl said...

Just read your original post of CIA Man back in May - OMG! you are hilarious! I can't wait to see how this turns out . . .

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Melek said...

thank goodness you're back. i needed some excitement! i can't believe you forgot your camera. what kind of super stealth swishy spy ARE you?

:)

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

At the very least, you've got the start of a good book here. But, honestly, I'm thinking he's into you otherwise he'd have forgotten you since May.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

LOL! I think you suck at the CIA job! I'm glad your back ;)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Patti said...

matt...could be an alias. check into that.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I'd say he's into you, not onto you.
Not yet, anyway :)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Beth said...

ahhhh...Your future husband has the HOTS for you!!!!!

and I miss you Swishy!!!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Crazed said...

What was he eating?
I wish I were there with you!
You are so going to flip out when I tell you what Alli's boyfriend's dad does...
hint*... he may totally be an "in" for your new profession.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

I kept thinking of Sidney Bristow. I'd think, "Sidney, I mean Swishy."

Seriously. You're that good.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Barrie said...

You know, I once knew an FBI agent from a Mommy and Me class. I'm just saying you could look into the FBI. It's not totally out of the realm of possibilities... :) I think, though, you'll have to do a better job of remembering your camera...

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

This is so like living out an episode of 24- only without stuff blowing up.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

You're a stitch . . . :-)

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger THopgood said...

Dude (yes I just called you dude) you are SUCH a tease. Where's the promised update? eh-hem......

Some of us have no life and are living on the edge of our seat for an update...

*nudge nudge....*

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

He was pretty cute. I think you should Facebook him. I mean just search under "career" for CIA. I'm sure he'll pop right up.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger AlaneM said...

Hmmm, CIA agent/government spy guy givin' swishy a look...methinks Mr.spydude Matt thinks the Swish is a hottie.
Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Andie said...

maybe he has a crush on you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home