Things I'm liking today
You guys are so great. I honestly and truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such smart, kind, nice people reading my blog. Thank you so much!
I still can't breathe half (OK, more than half) of the time ... BUT! It will all be over soon! In the meantime, a few things (other than you all) that made me smile today ...
I am SO one of those people whose mood shifts with the weather. Sunny skies equal a sunny Swishy. Actually, make that sunny AND spring-y, because that also means I get to ...
* Eat outside! I really, really like eating outside. So today I did.
* Wear flip-flops! It seriously makes me incredibly, irrationally happy to wear flip-flops to work. I have a pair of old black ones that I wear all the time that are, like, molded in the shape of my feet.
* Drive around with the window down! The best, best, BEST is when a good song comes on the radio. Tonight I got Mr. Brightside, Bleeding Love and ... crap. I forget the last one. But three good songs! In a row!
Let's see, what else do I like today ...
* My friend Jill's sister's blog. Whenever I look at it, I'm like, awwww! Pretty! It totally makes me want to redecorate ... I mean decorate.
* The Hills. You know how in Happy Gilmore, he's like, find your happy place, Happy! Go to your happy place! My happy place is actually--I swear this is true--wandering down the aisles of an almost-empty grocery store, Walmart or Target at night. It's quiet, the Muzak is a little louder than usual, there are all kinds of things to look at ... just trust me on this one. Anyway, the TV equivalent of my happy place right now is The Hills. I turn it on, and it's like aloe on a sunburn. Just like ... ahhhhhh. There was this "Words of Wisdom from The Hills" montage today on Gawker and it seriously made my entire life. At least for an hour.
* Craig Ferguson. I forget about his show a lot, but he is SO FUNNY.
* The NBA playoffs. I love the NBA playoffs. But something I love even more than the NBA playoffs? The NBA's whole "where amazing happens" campaign. I know! Random! But I LOVE IT. Give me a pretty montage and some soaring instrumentals (like here), and you've got me. I am SUCH a sucker for that stuff. Every single time I hear that music, I drop everything and get all misty-eyed and goosebumpy as I reflect on the power of dreams and hard work and determination. Or something like that.
Anyway, there are new commercials now with the playoffs, and ohhhh, how they've sucked me in. I watch these and I am like putty in the NBA's little hands. I can't decide if I like this one or this one the best.
"Me? I like the fear. It means I'm close. It means I'm ready."
I HATE Kobe Bryant. And yet I just quoted him. I TOLD YOU!