Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where I've been this week*

In my attempt to become more Zen, I have really sort of avoided the whole topic of where I am going to be living and working four months from now. Some might call it denial. I call it ... OK, fine, maybe it's denial. But this week, I got kicked off my little raft in the middle of that lovely river and am auditioning the first contender in the "Future Home of Swishy" contest. I expect it to wine me, dine me and seduce me with long, lingering kisses at the end of the night.

In the meantime, my running response to anything job- or life-related (or trip-related, for that matter) is "I don't know." Which doesn't make for very interesting blog posts (trust me, I've tried) but DOES open the door to, ohhhh ... say, an airport post or two. And what a coincidence--I just happen to fly home tomorrow. So I will catch you all (hopefully) tomorrow night. Until then, take care of yourselves ... and each other. (Please tell me someone gets that.)

*****

Update: It's Thursday afternoon. I missed my flight. Good times!

*Because isn't the world just clamoring to know? Ha.

17 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Melek said...

i had no idea you were a Springer fan...altho with all those People magazines, i could have guessed it :)

So, you're definitely moving then huh? i'll just say one more time how totally cool Austin is...and how central it is to major cities...and how warm it is. 82 today. woohoo! so come on down!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger CelticBuffy said...

I, too, have been giving the "I don't know" response to many people the last month or so. I know approximately where we're moving but really nothing else. Not what job I will have, not which suburb we will live in, etc. I wish I were witty enough to think of a different offbeat response. If I do I'll let you know and you can use it to!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Cecily R said...

Way to rock the Springer sentiment!

Good luck figuring things out. I'm sure whatever you decide will be fantastic!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Move somewhere warm, with out major highway construction, and without floods, where you can find a good Italian beef, and exciting stuff to do.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Is your real name Jerry Springer?!!!

Are you movin to my neck of the woods?

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

good luck and travel back safely. I so cannot wait to hear the news. Is Texas in your future?

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

ok, what's with the Jerry Springer comments?

I am completely lost and I feel like a moron who's missing some big joke.

Off to google.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

ok. I get it now.

Thank you factacular.com and google.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

You did not miss your flight!!!

You better have at least gotten a freaking Happy Meal while you were stuck at the airport. I think I might have to call you.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm clamoring!! I hope the 'I don't knows' turn into 'I'm sure!' soon!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Mary Ann (Moanna) said...

I hope you're not sleeping in an airport tonight!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jenster said...

Ooooo, the anticipation of finding out what's really going on!!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Melek said...

Swishy, i finally passed you in the brackets!!! woohoo! only by 2 points tho :)
Hook 'Em!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So umm, Swishy, are you back yet or still stuck in an airport? Of course, an airport with all its potential destinations sounds like the perfect place for you right now....

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Melek said...

dangit...went back and checked this morning, and now i'm 6th again. i'll just have to revel in the fact that for mere minutes, i was beating you :)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I am alive! I will blog tomorrow, I promise!!!

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I wanna know where the hell you are NOW!?!?!?!? Swishy's MIA!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home