Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Random bits and pieces

A few things ...

* So this drive-up ATM I go to sometimes? It is the craziest ATM ever. For one thing, it talks to me. But it doesn't just talk to me. Ohhhhh, no. It talks to me IN A BRITISH ACCENT. A British accent! Is that not the most random thing ever? I love it. It also calls my PIN my "secret numbahhhh" which, for some reason, entertains me to no end.

* If you have not checked out Hulu yet, do it, do it, do it. There is some totally random, totally awesome stuff on there.

* I am totally not adjusted to daylight savings yet. I swear it takes me like a month and I know it's psychological, I know it, but STILL. I will be yawning from now until April. Seriously.

* I am so loving Rock of Love 2 lately. Why? WHY? I don't know why. I didn't watch the first one, and I'm not really watching this one very consistently, either. But whenever I flip over to VH1 it's on and it suuuucks ... me .... in. Please let it be Daisy and Kristie Joe and Ambre (yes, she spells it Ambre) in the final three, please, please, please!

* I just might know someone who just might be talking to Jim from The Office tomorrow. I thought you should know, just in case that someone we both know ends up changing her name to Pam and moving to California and, oh, you know, not updating her blog for a while.

On that note ... happy Friday!

18 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Where's your ATM? I love British accents!

The HULU? Very cool!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

I love me some Jim!!! He is so cute! Is the interview for his new movie Leatherheads?

Weird ATM indeed.

I watched the first Rock of Love and it was awesome. Too bad it did not work out for Brett and he had to do this again. The girls seem skankier in this one so I haven't watched it.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

How strange that the ATM has a British accent. That sure is some random randomness...

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Jim from The Office? I'm so so so jealous. I've never used an ATM, I didn't know they talked to you.

Daylight Shifting time is the worst when you change. I don't know why an hour makes such a big difference. I think we should just be on DST all the time. I mean if we use it 8 months out of the year, why don't we just go till 12?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I hear California is lovely this time of year...

:)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

I think I'd like my ATM to talk to me with a Scottish burr. But I'd probably be broke from always wanting to talk to it.

Jim? Really?? REALLY??

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

That is one cool ATM.

Yup, Hulu has some interesting stuff on it. I recently watched the first two episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" again.

Jim! That is so cool. :)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Beth said...

gee......I wonder WHO could be talking to Jim?...anyone I know and love with all my heart and soul??

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Did he tell you he could make you sweat like the other SUPAHHHHH STAR did?!?!?!?!?!?

I bet he did. Anyone who gets to talk to Swishy on the phone wishes he could make her sweat!!!

Because seriously folks, she is THAT HOT!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Moanna said...

Great link to Hulu! Never heard of it before but you're right. Some great stuff there.

Have fun in Cali. :)

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Awww, I'm jealous. I *love* Jim. I can't wait to hear all about it. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know about it at all. Dilemmas!

And I'm with you on the daylight savings time thing. My bedtime is 9 (ok, betime = going upstairs to do my 10 minutes of strength exercises and then read and watch Food Network until I fall asleep), and it's now 10:48 and I have no motivation to go upstairs yet. This week has totally messed me up. Glad to know I'm not alone.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Melek said...

aw man, i LOVE jim!! tell me how it goes with your FRIEND talking to him. can't wait to see his new movie.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

The ATM's I used to use years ago used a female voice with a very proper British accent. Kinda freaky at first, but then it was actually kinda cool.

And ditto on the daylight savings thing . . . hate it. HATE.IT. My body clock is STILL totally f'ed up! :-P

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

The atm thing has be cracking up! I could see myself getting $20 at a time so I could keep going through it.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger mylhibug said...

I was allowed to use HULU while it was still in it's Beta mode. Completely and totally awesome! It is even better now that everyone can enjoy it. More content...

Awesome!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

If my ATM had a british accent, I'd have too many trips to the ATM and cash in my wallet - something I never carry nowadays. Ooh how exciting to be speaking with Jim, so jealous!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Patti said...

it takes me a while to adjust as well, and then there is the constant whining from others as to why the hell i take so long...like i'm doing it to personally annoy them. yeah.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Bina said...

I'm the same way when it comes to Rock of Love. I began watching the first one because my daugher did, and the ending was just so amazing, because then the same chic had a boyfriend! I watched the beginning a few times of this one but COULD NOT STAND the big boobed blond girl with the accent. She made me want to barf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home