Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Madness

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you're all having a good day. I'm all sniffly with an earache (random, right?). I also spent, like, an hour on the phone with my bank canceling my debit card because some ASSHOLE thinks it's cute to make random $79.99 withdrawls from my checking account ... but you know what? Don't care, I'm in a good mood anyway. I'm in a great mood, actually, for a whole variety of reasons:

* I paid all my bills and balanced my checkbook, which I hate doing while I'm doing it but LOVE when I'm done because it makes me feel all organized and responsible.
* I cleaned the gross food out of the fridge and took out the garbage, which is another thing I hate doing but love to have done.
* I heard this song (fourth one) and this song (second one) on the radio. I love hearing songs I like on the radio!
* I walked into my coffee shop and the girl behind the counter was like, "Hey, guys! Swishy's here!" And then I walked up to the counter and she was like, "Hey, Swishy!" Which is so super nice because one of the things I love about this place is that they just let me be ... but they know me and remember me anyway! AND I got a booth with an outlet, which ALWAYS makes me happy.
* My sister is applying to grad school and had an interview today at Berkeley, which is her first choice, and it went great, which makes me totally happy for her.
* I know smart, funny, nice people, which makes me feel lucky AND happy.

AND ... March Madness (which I SUPER love) starts this week! Which means one very important thing: It's time for the Second Annual Swishy Bracket Challenge! The winner gets a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate, and yes, it's all as fun and exciting as it sounds. And no, you don't have to know a single thing about basketball--in fact, you're probably better off if you don't. My mom won one year by choosing teams that played in states she liked, and this other girl I know won by picking teams based on uniform. True story.

To enter, go here. (If you need 'em, the group number is 120261 and the password is Swishy.) And, of course, email me if you need help. Just don't beat me. By too much.

22 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Sucky about the $79.99 withdrawls, hope the bank takes care of you on that. And how could you be sad after hearing the silversun pickups?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Melek said...

i bet it was that damn british voice at your ATM stealing your money.... those sneaky brits!

i'm totally entering the bracket contest. i came in 3rd at work one year just by guessing. so watch out!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Melek said...

Ok, i picked mine. HOOK 'EM HORNS!
(can't help it, i'm slightly biased).

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger THopgood said...

Maybe the checking account thief is the British dude in the ATM machine...LOL....

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Sounds like a little leprechaun was following you around today to make your day so happy. Sounds like the sneaky little green man was pilfering some prize money from your account too!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Okay I am a sports dummy and have no idea on what to do for this bracket thingy, please give more information or let me know where to get it I am interested.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Donna said...

okay I did it, won't tell my super scientific method till the end though!

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm sick too. :( I spent half my week-long respite from the misery of this semester (also known as Spring Break) sick as well.

As for the Bracket Challenge, I'm totally coming to drink your milkshakes. That $10 almost paid for my whole new TV last year.

I totally had no idea that wasn't a chick singing the first couple times I heard Silversun Pickups. This did not affect my enjoyment at all.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Mary Ann (Moanna) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Mary Ann (Moanna) said...

I did it, the March Madness thingie, not that I have a clue but it was fun. Sounds like you had a great Monday. I'm glad you stopped the $79.99 bandit!!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger The Franchise said...

Oh not only am I going to play, but I am going to win...Shooter McGavin style. Then I will take that sweet sweet Amazon money and buy you a book on how to lose graciously. Actually Shooter lost, and I don't think such a book exists...not a good start Josh.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So tell the truth... are you in such a good mood because of the medicine for your earache and sniffles?

I'm in the process of catching the flu, and I must say that whatever my husband gave me last night was quite effective!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

I entered using the strategy of "If I've heard of the school they get a vote"

I hate debit cards, its not right that people can take money right out of your checking account. Thankfully the bank is usually on your side.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Angela WD said...

I'm not into basketball but those other things would totally cheer me up. Will you come do that stuff for me?

www.angelawd.com

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Beth said...

$79.99?!!! How the heck did they do that? I'm so clueless..

and did you watch your Boy last night on Dancing w/the stars? I've never seen that show but I just might have to watch that fine piece of man!!!!

love you Swishy Girl!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So umm for those of us who will forget that we made picks, are you going to remind us to go check to see how we're doing? Some of us truly know nothing about basketball. Gimme a good football game anyday! :)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Uh, what's March Madness?

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I briefly considered going bracketless this year. I thought it might be fun to just sit back and watch everything unfold and not create any artificial drama. But then my urge to be right took over. Again. I am incapable of learning. :)

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I'm in! I used a sophisticated system of picking the various teams I heard Charles Barkley mention during last night's commentary on the Celtics/Rockets game. At the vary least, it should land me in his Fave Five....

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger flea said...

i used to love March Madness, now not so much...perhaps this would help get me back into it...back in the day I was all about Duke & Kentucky..are they still front runners???

your debit machine talks to you? facinating i need to get a better bank...:P

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sorority in the City said...

I love March Madness. It's the one time I can pick teams and feel smart when the happen to when and I have it recorded online for all my friends to see. Lovely!

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Barrie said...

You balanced your checkbook AND cleaned out your fridge all on the same day? You ARE responsible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home