Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you're all having a good day. I'm all sniffly with an earache (random, right?). I also spent, like, an hour on the phone with my bank canceling my debit card because some ASSHOLE thinks it's cute to make random $79.99 withdrawls from my checking account ... but you know what? Don't care, I'm in a good mood anyway. I'm in a great mood, actually, for a whole variety of reasons:
* I paid all my bills and balanced my checkbook, which I hate doing while I'm doing it but LOVE when I'm done because it makes me feel all organized and responsible.
* I cleaned the gross food out of the fridge and took out the garbage, which is another thing I hate doing but love to have done.
* I heard this song (fourth one) and this song (second one) on the radio. I love hearing songs I like on the radio!
* I walked into my coffee shop and the girl behind the counter was like, "Hey, guys! Swishy's here!" And then I walked up to the counter and she was like, "Hey, Swishy!" Which is so super nice because one of the things I love about this place is that they just let me be ... but they know me and remember me anyway! AND I got a booth with an outlet, which ALWAYS makes me happy.
* My sister is applying to grad school and had an interview today at Berkeley, which is her first choice, and it went great, which makes me totally happy for her.
* I know smart, funny, nice people, which makes me feel lucky AND happy.
AND ... March Madness (which I SUPER love) starts this week! Which means one very important thing: It's time for the Second Annual Swishy Bracket Challenge! The winner gets a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate, and yes, it's all as fun and exciting as it sounds. And no, you don't have to know a single thing about basketball--in fact, you're probably better off if you don't. My mom won one year by choosing teams that played in states she liked, and this other girl I know won by picking teams based on uniform. True story.
To enter, go here. (If you need 'em, the group number is 120261 and the password is Swishy.) And, of course, email me if you need help. Just don't beat me. By too much.