Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Quick, say something nice!

OK, I'm sorry I've taken so long, but this week has been one big slice of crap on crap toast and I figured February is depressing enough for everyone without dragging the rest of you into my personal Suckfest '08. I am nothing if not thoughtful while bawling on my couch with a fistful of chocolate in one hand and an array of sharp objects in the other. (Ha.)

Moving on! Without any FURTHER ado, the winner of the CD is ... Stephanie! And because I can never pick just one, the second winner is ... Cecily! Send me your address, ladies, and I will send you merely the greatest CD ever created.

OK, speaking of bad days/weeks/months/lives, have you heard of the website Quick, Say Something Nice? This is a very cute website. You go there, and it gives you a quick compliment. If you don't like the compliment, you hit the thumbs down and it gives you another. If you need another (or 20), you hit the thumbs up and it keeps feeding your ego until you feel better. You can also submit compliments of your own.

Examples of some of the compliments:
"Stop being so awesome. You're giving me a complex."
"If you, me and my iphone were in a boat and it was sinking, I would save you."
"You are a saint for putting up with those people at work."
"It's impossible to be in a bad mood with you around."
"You never have a bad hair day."
"I dig you more than cheese. And you know how much I love cheese."

FUN, right? So for this, the last weekend of the shittiest month on the calendar (THANK GOODNESS. Hello there, pretty light at the end of the tunnel!), leave a quick, funny, awesome compliment you've given or received (or would LIKE to receive) in the comments and we can all read them and smile. Have a good weekend, everyone!

25 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Donna said...

You should be making more money.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

You're so wonderful, everyone should be just like you!!

Ha, like that's ever going to happen!!;)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Patti said...

you even make crap on toast seem delicious...

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jenster said...

The word "swishy" can be used in place of "awesome", "wonderful", "great", etc.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Don't eat the crap on toast!
ANYONE would save you over the iphone, which means you have something to live for. It's just about finding the right guy who values beauty and humor over technology...

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

You make the hard stuff look so easy!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger KATE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger KATE said...

I love reading your blog!

& You're right crap on crap toast should be the official name for February!!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

I would rather crawl naked through an iodine coated cactus field than say something mean about you.

Peace out. :)

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger michelle said...

i hate february. hate. HATE!

i will be bookmarking that site for use during future moments of ennui!

a lady at the grocery store once told me i was nice because i moved the divider stick thingy so she could start putting her food on the belt ... it made me realize that people appreciate small things that others do for them.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

How about:

"The sun WILL shine, and it WILL be warm again someday! Soon!"

Cuz really, it's not a compliment, but something I'd LOVE to hear.

Winter, please, GO. The. Fuck. Away.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger mylhibug said...

January sucks the most for me, but with that being said...


Who needs Guitar hero, when YOU rock my world! Have a great day!!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

Jason Taylor says you are AWESOME.

There, how's THAT? :-)

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

My favorites: "You could totally be a hair model" and "Your eyes are so green that they look like anti-freeze."

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Melek said...

"Can we go to the mall today? I love shopping with you."

which is funny bc i went shopping at the mall with my good friend today :)

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She She said... I was in line at Blockbuster when the man behind me told me, "You have the eyelashes of a china doll." Totally made my day. Swishy, I am sorry your February was so sucky - you are a talented writer and have brightened many a day for me and I know great things are ahead for you!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Bina said...

I hope things get better. I've loved reading your blog for the last few years, even though I deleted my original one from spaces.

Anyway, a compliment I would love to hear...

"You are such a wonderful wife and mother. You always make sure there is food in the house, you always cook dinner, clean up afterwards, dust, vacumm, mop, fix things that I can't because I'm not wired that way, you always do the laundry, make sure we have clean sheets, make the bed, and you always know where every thing is when no one else seems to remember what they have done with their crap, and I love the fact you take care of the yard and landscapping..."

Oops, sorry about that.

But you've gotten some great compliments!!!!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Bina said...

By the way, Crap on Toast? What an excellent name for blog!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger ALF said...

You have nice hair.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Michael said...

http://barackobamaisyournewbicycle.com/

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger AlaneM said...

You always make me laugh with your awesome witty blog!

Seriously, your blog gives me a lift every time I read it.
Sorry Feb has been so poopy for you but it'll be over soon.

Yoo rock girl!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Angela WD said...

Sorry about your February. I get that way in March.

The best compliment I ever got was from my husband: "I'm a better person since I married you."

I think I cried a little.

You, Swishy, are an awesome writer, and I think it's time you did another Coffee Shop post!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

You make the best sandwiches.

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Thank you, everyone!!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous dimples said...

i'm sorry you had a crappy month. hopefully march will be mo' betta. as far as compliments go... i miss your laugh, it is the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home