Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Doctor-patient privilege

So I'm sitting at the coffee shop, and the guy next to me starts making phone calls. Apparently, he's a doctor. Apparently, the people he's calling are patients. Do I really need to mention that I moved from one side of my table to the other to hear him better? I didn't think so.

Call No. 1: "Hi, this is Dr. Brasher. I wanted to check up on you and see if that rash has gotten any better ..."

Call No. 2: "Hi, this is Dr. Brasher calling. I'd like to schedule that procedure we talked about for this Friday, February 8 ..."

Call No. 3: "Hi, this is Dr. Brasher. I just wanted to let you know that I looked over your test results. Everything looks OK, although I want you to keep taking that prescription I gave you until it runs out ..."

I am SO waiting for him to call someone and tell them they have syphilis.

20 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous dimples said...

"hi, this is dr. brasher. there is a hot blonde sitting next to me. hey oooooooo!!"

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Jules said...

The Twilight Zone episode of this post would be you sitting there, listening intently, and eventually your phone rings. It's Dr. Brasher! Dun-Dun-DUNNNNNN!
Jules
House of Jules

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Bwhaaha! Are you hoping he isn't calling anyone you know? ;)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger flea said...

hee!! that is freakin awsome! too funny.....

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger kim said...

Hi manic, this is dr. brasher, that blood you gave...

Oh, ha! would you have died if he said a name you knew? yes, yes you would have.

Go to my blog to see what happened to a certain item you sent just moments after it was received by me.

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous kristabella said...

Wow, I didn't realize doctors did that.

Why can't my cute doctor from Friday give me a call? And I'm talking booty call.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger kim said...

I'm laughing at kristabella right now

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Was he hot?!?!?!?

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

JULES, YOU ARE FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Oh wait! Now I see Kim and the "Hi Manic" comment! I am TOTALLY CRACKING UP HERE! loL

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Trish said...

Hahaha too funny!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Patti said...

if i had gotten up to leave before him i would have called out, "hear ya lata dr. brasher..."

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Haha, it's situations like these that I WISH I had the priveledge of listening into!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

Thats funny. How long did you easedrop? He's got to be breaking some kind of HIPPA law.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Okay, the next time I'm in your neck of the woods, we are SO going to this coffee shop! I never hear ANYTHING interesting around here.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

I am glad my docor's name isn't Brasher. Haha!

I really hope my doctor would never do that.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Moanna said...

Was Dr. Brasher cute?

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Totally breaking HIPPA law, but funny. I would have been waiting for the "we need to schedule your labotomy now".

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Beth said...

HA! I LOVE what Dimples said!!!! Swishy, do I have to tell you how much I love you? I think I do....I FREAKIN LOVE YOU!!!!!! you make my day Swish, you really do!

and I'm only a little dissappointed that there was no picture of Dr. Brasher!! ;)

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Bina said...

Ha Ha Ha! You are too funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home