Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Well, hello there, 2008

Happy New Year, all of my wonderful friends! I hope you're all happy and safe and ready for the most awesomest of awesome years ever!

I like the idea of the new year. I like resolutions and a clean slate and all that good stuff but ... I don't know. I definitely wish I'd gotten more done in 2007. I kind of feel like I'm waiting for ... something. It's sort of frustrating, and by "sort of" I mean extremely. I don't want to be one of those people who always talks about doing things and never does them. So I guess in 2008, I want to be more of a doer. More proactive instead of reactive. Blah blah blah.

Although ... I DID vacuum out my car. And clean my bathroom. And return my overdue library book. Do those count? Ha.

Ahhhhh. OK, a few random things that have absolutely nothing to do with New Year's:

* I am watching The Biggest Loser right now and ohhhh, am I sucked into it. I love Bob the Trainer. LOVE HIM! I totally want to put him in my pocket and carry him around so he can feed me little nuggets of motivational wisdom all day long.

* In other TV news, you know those commercials for Jon and Kate Plus 8 that have been playing nonstop on Bravo? (OK, maybe you don't ... ha.) Anyway, it's this show on TLC/Discovery and it is SO CUTE! I love it. This couple has like six 3-year-olds and two 6-year-olds and they are SO the cutest kids ever. I want to steal one. I mean, they have eight kids under the age of 6 ... it would be years before they'd even notice one was missing. For sure.

* I am the queen of hearing, like, a single line of a song and then deciding I'm completely, madly in love with it, which as a result has made me a total master at finding songs on Google. So there's this one song I like, but I've never heard the whole thing all the way through and I can NEVER catch any of the lyrics except "over and over." OK, can I tell you how many songs have the words "over and over" in them? I went through 30 PAGES on Google and NOTHING. So I started a new search. And then another one. I became compulsive about it. And finally, FINALLY, I found it, and yes, this is seriously the thing I am most proud of accomplishing all week. (The songs: Lazy Eye and Well Thought Out Twinkles by Silversun Pickups.)

* So I saw this documentary called Crazy Love. (SKIP THIS IF YOU MIGHT SEE IT AND WANT TO BE SURPRISED!) OK, seriously? Crazy does not BEGIN to cover it. This guy fell obsessively in love with this woman, hired guys to throw acid in her face when she tried to break things off, went to jail for blinding her ... and then they ended up getting married! And they've been married for almost 30 years! I knew all that stuff when I watched it, and I was STILL freaking out at how crazy it was. In-freaking-sane.

* Better stories tomorrow, I promise! Happy New Year!

26 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OK, as your BBFF, I feel I can completely be honest with you and say this. When you say in this post... "I kind of feel like I'm waiting for ... something."...

DUUUHHHHH... What the eff is your blog called???

DUUUHHHHH....

WAITING FOR MY REAL LIFE TO BEGIN!!!

Maybe for 2008, Let's change your blog title to... let's see...

REAL LIFE BEGINS 2008...

NOW THAT'S BEING PROACTIVE!

LOVE YOU BABE!!! Let's get 'em in '08!

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger The Franchise said...

I hear you friend. I am all about 2008 and its huge upside. I am also proud of myself that I did not write a joke about you being a "doer." Look at me, growing up.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous scaredformylife said...

so you're saying i should cover my face when i'm in public?

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

FUNNY!!!

And no, I did not miss the irony of my blog being called that. I know, I know ... ha.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

8 kids under the age of 6? I think I'd kill myself. And let you borrow one of them :)

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, that is crazy. Sheesh!

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

That documentary sounds very crazy! You gotta wonder what some people claim is love. I would have major trust issues with that guy.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Moanna said...

I've gotta see that documentary. It so sounds like something I'd do. Seriously, if you've used up all your second chances, come find me, I'm yours. haha

Here's hoping you have a hilarious 2008, Swishy. Or is than an hilarious?? Hmm.

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Ree said...

Will you come vacuum out my car and return my books? Oh, I did clean the cat litter, but that's about as much of the bathroom as I got done.

Happy New Year little Swishy. You and Mr. Hot should pool resources for googling songs. He's the same way.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Patti said...

trish talked about the john and kate plus 8 show too...and i love watching even if it does give me a shiver. 8 kiddos to mold and guide into adulthood. iiieeeeeee!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

We watched much of the same TV this weekend! I LOVE The Biggest Loser and plan to watch the opening show over and over again every time I'm pining for potato chips.

I want Jillian to come whip me into shape.

Maybe they'll do a blogging edition and we can be on the show????

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger icanseeclearlynow said...

that does NOT sound like love to me. i definitely know the feeling of waiting for something. hope 2008 is wonderful for you!

:)

maria

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

How many hits did you get for Nelly w/ Tim McGraw? I'll bet it was the first 30 pages.

Kids are fun. Sometimes. When you just see their cuteness. Not when you have them 24/7.

Love after blinding her. Thats a literal case of being blinded by love.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger ONEDIA said...

Great story, but Swish, we Realllly need more info on your profile. You should at least be able to fill in books and movies and tv shows --- eh

Whats with the reality thing. First my DB gets started on Top Chef, Then Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares, then anything Ramsey, Anthony Bourdain (which I actually like) but the latest was Project Runway --- Please TVGODS let the new season of first runs start soon?

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

I love that show Jon and KAte plus 8. In those promos for the new season it CRACKS me up because Kate asks Jon, 'what's your problem?' and he replies 'you'. Classic wedded bliss, my friends.

Oh, and I love Bob on Biggest Loser too. Though I also love Jillian. I wasn't a fan of Kim (aka the Barbie doll) but I puffy heart Bob and Kim.

Hope you have an awesome 2008 and that your real life starts NOW!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

We watched "The Biggest Loser" for the first time last night. That's some powerful stuff! I am now officially hooked.

Crazy psychopathic insane love maybe!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous kitliz said...

I have to say about Crazy Love, people are absolutely insane. If I didn't have solid evidence of that fact already (Hel-lo, my good friend just went back to the boyfriend she caught sleeping on his couch WITH ANOTHER GIRL) that would have sealed the deal for me.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Cecily R said...

The Tim McGraw/Nelly song was the first one I thought of...

That Crazy Love thing is scary.

Glad the irony of the post/blog title isn't lost on you.

Better stories? REally? I was completely entertained by these!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Better stories?!! your stories are ALWAYS good!!!

and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jon & Kate plus 8!!!! I watched the marathon of that show on New Year's Eve....love it! But I would go NUTS with all that crying and whining...and I'm talking about the older girls. Those 2 are BRATS!!!! But the other 6?...little cuties...and they all look like him! Did you see her belly?!?! AHHHHHH!!!!!! If there was ever a moment of birth control...that would be it! She SO deserved that plastic surgery! I would like a little bit of that surgery too, come to think of it.

Projet runway tonight girlfriend!!! I was loving Jack and he had to leave... :( But I also love that they brought Chris back. I love his giggle. hmmm, this is getting kinda long, maybe I should just e-mail you!!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Great song finds! Thanks for the introduction! Happy New Years!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger kay said...

i love john and kate plus 8! i love how they fight with each other with no consideration that they are on tv. i don't know if i could be that real!

i feel like you totally helped make my 2007 great!! love your honesty, your funness and your undercover pictures!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Melek said...

they should have called the documentary "love is blind" hahaha... man, what a freak show. and no, i havent watched the kate + 8. just one kid would freak me out...but 8 kids? YOWZA.

and i'm secretly hoping your real life never begins bc if it does, you won't have time for blogging anymore...and where would that leave the rest of us??

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Totally good stories right here.

And yeah...there is always more we could do every year. But why?

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Bianca Reagan said...

I like Jon & Kate + 8 too! It's a fun show. Kate and Jon keep it relatively real.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger La La said...

Okay, I just read like the last three or four of your posts, and I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Thanks for that!

I especially loved that you packed all your toiletries and tried to carry them on! Remember when that was allowed! Oh, those were the days!!!

I had to surrender lip gloss in a po-dunk, smaller than my bathroom, airport in Oregon where the security guards took their jobs way too seriously, and I had to give up my favorite hand lotion at yet another airport!

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous tellthemaboutmealready! said...

D is for daaaaaaamn!
I is for state IN to my green eyes
M is for magic hands
P is for GPS. hey oooo!
L is the way he laughs.
E is for extra lerrrve.
S is for seeeeeeeeeeahawks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home