Well, hello there, 2008
Happy New Year, all of my wonderful friends! I hope you're all happy and safe and ready for the most awesomest of awesome years ever!
I like the idea of the new year. I like resolutions and a clean slate and all that good stuff but ... I don't know. I definitely wish I'd gotten more done in 2007. I kind of feel like I'm waiting for ... something. It's sort of frustrating, and by "sort of" I mean extremely. I don't want to be one of those people who always talks about doing things and never does them. So I guess in 2008, I want to be more of a doer. More proactive instead of reactive. Blah blah blah.
Although ... I DID vacuum out my car. And clean my bathroom. And return my overdue library book. Do those count? Ha.
Ahhhhh. OK, a few random things that have absolutely nothing to do with New Year's:
* I am watching The Biggest Loser right now and ohhhh, am I sucked into it. I love Bob the Trainer. LOVE HIM! I totally want to put him in my pocket and carry him around so he can feed me little nuggets of motivational wisdom all day long.
* In other TV news, you know those commercials for Jon and Kate Plus 8 that have been playing nonstop on Bravo? (OK, maybe you don't ... ha.) Anyway, it's this show on TLC/Discovery and it is SO CUTE! I love it. This couple has like six 3-year-olds and two 6-year-olds and they are SO the cutest kids ever. I want to steal one. I mean, they have eight kids under the age of 6 ... it would be years before they'd even notice one was missing. For sure.
* I am the queen of hearing, like, a single line of a song and then deciding I'm completely, madly in love with it, which as a result has made me a total master at finding songs on Google. So there's this one song I like, but I've never heard the whole thing all the way through and I can NEVER catch any of the lyrics except "over and over." OK, can I tell you how many songs have the words "over and over" in them? I went through 30 PAGES on Google and NOTHING. So I started a new search. And then another one. I became compulsive about it. And finally, FINALLY, I found it, and yes, this is seriously the thing I am most proud of accomplishing all week. (The songs: Lazy Eye and Well Thought Out Twinkles by Silversun Pickups.)
* So I saw this documentary called Crazy Love. (SKIP THIS IF YOU MIGHT SEE IT AND WANT TO BE SURPRISED!) OK, seriously? Crazy does not BEGIN to cover it. This guy fell obsessively in love with this woman, hired guys to throw acid in her face when she tried to break things off, went to jail for blinding her ... and then they ended up getting married! And they've been married for almost 30 years! I knew all that stuff when I watched it, and I was STILL freaking out at how crazy it was. In-freaking-sane.
* Better stories tomorrow, I promise! Happy New Year!