A few things here and there ...
* I haven't really watched much of American Idol since the Fantasia season (which was laaaame!) but oh, oh, oh, was that show like a big, Olympic-sized pool in the middle of the Sahara tonight. There has been SUCH crap on TV lately, they could have had 50 Sanjayas on tonight and it still would have been must-see TV. I watched it while I was working out and I totally kept laughing out loud. (The stalker guy? The wax guy? Ohhh, I died!) The funny thing was that EVERYONE ELSE at the gym had it on, too. The middle-aged guy on one side of me. The teenage girl on the other side of me. The grandpa three machines down. And THEY were all laughing out loud, too.
Oh, that Simon Cowell. Bringing America together, one elliptical at a time.
* So the lotion thing I alluded to in my last post? This is what happens when you're throwing things in your bag at 5:30 a.m. on one hour of sleep. I was SO careful about putting all my liquid everythings in the checked bag, and then at the last second I was like, oh! Lotion! And tossed it (duh) in the carry-on. So I go through security, and they stop me (again) and search me (again) and tell me I have to check my bag (again). Except I CAN'T check this bag, because it has stuff I absolutely, positively need and cannot afford to have lost in, I don't know, South Dakota somewhere.
Can I tell you what the security person did? Can I tell you? She took my nearly full bottle of Vanilla Bean Noel lotion--a lotion that, might I add, is only sold ONCE A YEAR and is no longer in stores--and threw it in the garbage. IN THE GARBAGE! There's not a women's shelter they can donate it to or something? Or, at the very least, they can't wait until I turn my back and THEN throw it in the garbage?
It was so depressing. It's my favorite lotion. I can't even order it on the website anymore. There is a gift set on clearance with some lotion in it, so I'll order that and get by until November, but ... SAD! The terrorists have SO won.
* So last week I got home late from work, all frazzled and exhausted and out of my mind, and I was like, I'm so tired, I don't even know if I have the energy to get the MAIL. But I did anyway, and GUESS WHAT? I got a package! From my BBFF Manic! Isn't that awesome? She sent me a cute little journal to go with our muses and it was the bestest thing ever and totally made my night.
Of course, then I promptly spilled marinara sauce all over the carpet. Of COURSE I did. Because it was that kind of day.
But I didn't care! Because I got a nice package! Yay!
* I can't believe Matthew McConaughey's girlfriend is pregnant. (Yes, I went to People.com just now.)
* I think it's stupid that newspapers endorse candidates. (Yes, I have the Michigan primary results on right now.)
* Do you ever wonder why we say "thanks" if it's "THANK you"? (Yes, I am tired and need to go to bed. Night!)