Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, December 10, 2007

A weekend of random dreams

Dream No. 1: I went skydiving and someone took video of it and put it on YouTube. I've never really had much of a desire to go skydiving or bungee jumping or anything like that because I don't, you know, WANT TO DIE. If I'm going to be in People magazine someday, I'd rather it be for reasons other than my tragic, untimely death from a defective parachute.

So as any good Internet addict would do after having a random dream, I Google it when I wake up. Google tells me that dreaming about skydiving means I have high ideals. And I do! This dream interpretation stuff is awesome! It's like reading my horoscope! Or a fortune cookie!

Dream No. 2: I was sitting around Judd Apatow's kitchen table, hanging out with him and Leslie Mann. (Seth Rogen was there, but he had to leave.) OK, I will concede to having weird dreams about Hollywood types (see here and here and, oh, what the hell, here). But this? This is SUPER random, because I mean ... JUDD APATOW! Who dreams about Judd Apatow? Other than Judd Apatow? I bet some of you don't know who he is, let alone what he looks like. But get this, he looked EXACTLY in my dream like he does in real life. And I hadn't so much as seen a picture of him since Rolling Stone did a story on him back in June.

Yes, I am aware of how strangely my mind works.

So back to my dream. We were sitting around, talking about writing stuff. This could mean many things. I could be knocked up. I could be a freak. Or a geek. So I Google again, and ... are you kidding me? Ideals? Still? Judd, apparently, represents the idealized version of someone I know in my life, someone I'd like to act more like him.

Personally, I'd rather him represent the fact that I'm going to be a super-wealthy, super-popular, super-every-I-touch-turns-to-gold It Girl, but whatever.

20 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Moanna said...

I was planning to go see Knocked Up but now I'm wondering if that's such a good idea after all. LOL

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Bianca Reagan said...

Why did Seth have to leave? What important business did he have to attend to?

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous allee said...

C had a dream the other night that he was a father. He wasn't older in his dream, he was still eight years old! The mother was nine or ten years old. What does that mean?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Beth said...

oh Swish...I freakin LOVE you and your dreams!!! What crazy food did you eat before THESE dreams?!! ;)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sherry said...

Count me in on those who do not know who Judd Apatow is..but I'm glad he had a feature role in one of your dreams!! Sounds like you have a very eventual sleep time...great dreams!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

I loved Knocked Up and 40-year-old Virgin. Judd Aptow has a warped mind. Can't wait to see Superbad.

Very weird dreams indeed.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

So do your dreams ever come true? or the concepts ever take shape in real life?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Cecily R said...

I totally vote for super-wealthy, super-popular, super-every-I-touch-turns-to-gold It Girl.

I once dreamed that a very fat, nasty Garth Brooks hit on me and tried to sing a song with my name in it. What does Google say about that?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Andie said...

where is this google dream analyzer?

for some reason, I find seth rogen sort of cute... like when he played matt dillon's friend in You, me and Dupree... or when he played the cop in superbad.

I loved superbad.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

When I came here to read your post, I got interrupted with a phone call. While I was talking on the phone, I was playing with the mouse scroll wheel. All the sudden, the words I COULD BE KNOCKED UP leapt off the page at me! I made the person (not work related) on the phone hang on while I read your post!

Sounds like you need to take a look at your ideals (or take a pregnancy test)!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I love that you remember your dreams. I'm usually not so good with that. Although that may be because so many of them were interpreted so bizarrely that it stopped being fun to wonder about. They say you should keep a notebook by the bed to write them down, but usually all I can think about is coffee :)

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Chrissy said...

I wish I could remember any dream! Yours seem fun.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Shauna said...

Judd Apatow, hmm? I admit I had to Google him. But really, Swish?? He doesn't look like someone who you'd connect with 'high ideals.' In fact, he looked kinda spaced out in the picture. LOL!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

So basically you could be a knocked up freak with a geek streak...

Sigumnd F. has spoken to me through my magic 8 ball.

That is all, time's up.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

I had to look up who Judd A. was. Does that make me a loser?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Secretmom said...

my analysis of your dream (and recent posts) is that you're in a new relationship or the beginnings thereof. am i right?

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous www.ramble-on-rose.com said...

Heya ~ freaky dreams!!

And did you know Manic has been arrested!!! Seriously I got pictures come check it out at www.ramble-on-rose.com

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kawana Aminata Oliver said...

Nyce Post, i'm a fan now ;-)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

I had to look up Judd Apatow because I had no idea who he was. Knowing adds another dimension of wierd to the dream.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Colorado Writer said...

Did you watch Superbad, yet? Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home