Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays ...

(She says with the oh, so slightest trace of irony in her tone ... ha)

So I have been all Slacky McSlackerson this week. This week has been a complete blur. Blurry, blurry, blurry. And now that I have time to write, my brain is COMPLETE mush. I mean, for real. What day is it? Who are all of you? What's my name again?

So I guess we'll have to do it up, random style ...

* It's funny the things I get all Zen about. I was totally in airports much, much longer than I was actually on an airplane yesterday, but I was all, la la la, I love sitting on a thinly carpeted floor surrounded by hundreds of cranky people, it's the bestest ever! It seriously didn't bother me at all. There wasn't tons of great people-watching, but I did get to spend an hour of quality baggage claim time with the entire Oregon men's basketball team. Random!

* I got in very, very late last night, and so it's like 2 a.m. and my sister and brother and mom and I are sitting around the kitchen table, when ...

Mom: It's half the size as the other one.
Me (without even thinking): That's what she said.
(Brother and sister, both watchers of The Office, start cracking up.)
Mom: WHAT is so funny. WHAT. You guys always do this. It's like, as soon as you get in ...
Me: That's what she said.

And on and on it went. My sister was literally crying, tears streaming down her face, and my mom was totally getting pissed because she thought we were laughing at her, even though we kept trying to explain it. So now we have to go rent The Office and make her watch a couple episodes so she gets it, although to be honest, if you need someone to explain why it's funny to say "that's what she said" after you get done making a comment about how much you love dark meat ... I'm just saying.

* Random observation: Nicole Ritchie's pregnancy has got to be the longest gestation in the history of the world. I cannot believe she hasn't had that kid yet. It's like she was so tiny, it needs 17 months to grow instead of nine or something. I'm sorry, I know that's random, but I think it every time I see US Weekly or listen to that Good Charlotte song I Don't Wanna be in Love, which is SO one of my guilty pleasures right now.

* I went bowling today and I seriously got a 70 the first game. I blame a) the crappy ball and b) the guy in the lane next to mine who totally felt the need to make a comment to me every time I got up there. After I managed to knock down, like, two pins after three straight gutterballs, he was all, Wow! You're on a roll! I think you should bowl for me! and tries to hand me his ball. I was like, OK, crazy train, although I did get a 115 my second game, so perhaps he had a point.

* Turtle Chex Mix is the best ever, although I don't eat the pretzels.

* We just got done watching that VH1 top 100 songs of the '90s special. Fun! I am such a sucker for those shows. The '90s, though: most random decade of music ever. In the top 10, you have Sinead O'Connor, Britney Spears, Pearl Jam, Backstreet Boys, REM, Nirvana, U2, Madonna, Mariah Carey, my personal favorite, Sir Mix-a-Lot (ha) ... love it. (What I love even more? That I can't remember my damn name and yet I can rattle off the top 10 artists in a VH1 special I just watched without even thinking twice. I need help.)

* Someone has a dimple picture and that someone just might be meeeee! Here's a little glimpse:



Told you!

26 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

Merry Christmas Swishy!!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

I get love when I sit down with hubby and we watch those VH1 flash back shows. We love the 80's! We crack up.
You have to get your mom to see The Office. Too funny!!
Enjoy your Christmas home with family Swishy!!!
XOXO

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear someone made it home flying. My sister hits the airport tomorrow, I just hope she gets home in time for Christmas.

Chex Mix rocks...I don't eat the pretzels either...if they would dip them in caramel I might think about it.

Love the dimple, does it have a face to go with it?

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

OMG .... seriously. Me, Melissa (comment above) and the girl gang agreed .... why on Earth would they stick those pretzels in there? LOL Any time those bad boys were around for a girl's night or gathering, the bowl was full of preztels by the end of the night, without a trace of anything else.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Jules said...

"...tries to hand me his ball."

That's what she said!

(Our mom gets nutsy--pun intended--when we all get together laughing at the holidays, too!)

Jules
House of Jules

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Beth said...

OHMYGOD!!!

What a cute dimple!!! Now, how's the rest of him? ;)

Merry christmas Swishy Girl! I freakin LOVE you!!!

 
At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Ree said...

I hate flying during the holidays. Glad you could make a good time of it all.
Yum, Turtle Chex Mix. Have you tried the one with pineapple bits?
And ya, who's the face?

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger kay said...

we watched the vh1 special too!! i loved the de-lite video and the arrested development.

have a merry Christmas!!!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Kristabella said...

Merry Christmas lady!

I think Nicole's pregnancy is lasting so long because she told us when she was like 3 days along. Because it was easy to spot when you're a stick.

But I think Katie Holmes wins longest gestational period ever. Plus, she was always changing bump sizes.

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous isthatapictureofmydimple? said...

that is quite the great picture you got there.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Barrie said...

My Child #4 has the cutest dimples. I've never tried to capture them up close and personal on celluloid though. I think it's time to try. Merry Christmas!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

cu-ute dimple!

have a merry christmas

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Patti said...

we do this "that's what your mom said" and it can get dicey when boy says this as it relates to the german...ewwww.

merry christmas my new internets friend!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Have an amazing holiday. I like the pretzels in the Chex Mix for what it is worth

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Kristi said...

OMG Swishy you could seriously lose a small child in that dimple. Does he have 2 or just the one? And you have to show us the rest of the face to go with it. A good stalkeratzie would get the entire face.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger kim said...

Merry Christmas Swishy!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Moanna said...

Merry Christmas to you and the dimple... :)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Sherry said...

You are so kooky malooky!!! But I gotta love it...trying to explain what's funny to someone is just never funny!!!

Hope you are having a delightful Christmas full of laughter, love and joy...not to mention some cool gifts!!!

Merry Christmas and many blessings for the coming year.

xo
Sherry

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To my BBFF!

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous www.ramble-on-rose.com said...

Merry Christmas Swishy!!! Thanks for keeping so many of us entertained!! Have a SAFE and Happy Holiday

RR




I moove my books at www.moovingbooks.com where do you moove yours?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Hope you had a Merry christmas!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

That was great. I like those countdown shows. I wonder when they will make a countdown series of the best countdowns. I miss cable now. :(

Merry Christmas Miss Dimple Picture Tease.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Merry Christmas Swishy!

And yeah, I hear ya about the Nicole pregnancy thing...have the baby already! Geeze...

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

We watched some of the 80's on VH1 yesterday. LOVE THOSE SHOWS!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger XYZinn said...

I hate the pretzels in the turtle chex mix and in the peanut butter and chocolate mix. I want to write them and stop filling more than half the bag with plain, bland pretzels!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home