Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays ...
(She says with the oh, so slightest trace of irony in her tone ... ha)
So I have been all Slacky McSlackerson this week. This week has been a complete blur. Blurry, blurry, blurry. And now that I have time to write, my brain is COMPLETE mush. I mean, for real. What day is it? Who are all of you? What's my name again?
So I guess we'll have to do it up, random style ...
* It's funny the things I get all Zen about. I was totally in airports much, much longer than I was actually on an airplane yesterday, but I was all, la la la, I love sitting on a thinly carpeted floor surrounded by hundreds of cranky people, it's the bestest ever! It seriously didn't bother me at all. There wasn't tons of great people-watching, but I did get to spend an hour of quality baggage claim time with the entire Oregon men's basketball team. Random!
* I got in very, very late last night, and so it's like 2 a.m. and my sister and brother and mom and I are sitting around the kitchen table, when ...
Mom: It's half the size as the other one.
Me (without even thinking): That's what she said.
(Brother and sister, both watchers of The Office, start cracking up.)
Mom: WHAT is so funny. WHAT. You guys always do this. It's like, as soon as you get in ...
Me: That's what she said.
And on and on it went. My sister was literally crying, tears streaming down her face, and my mom was totally getting pissed because she thought we were laughing at her, even though we kept trying to explain it. So now we have to go rent The Office and make her watch a couple episodes so she gets it, although to be honest, if you need someone to explain why it's funny to say "that's what she said" after you get done making a comment about how much you love dark meat ... I'm just saying.
* Random observation: Nicole Ritchie's pregnancy has got to be the longest gestation in the history of the world. I cannot believe she hasn't had that kid yet. It's like she was so tiny, it needs 17 months to grow instead of nine or something. I'm sorry, I know that's random, but I think it every time I see US Weekly or listen to that Good Charlotte song I Don't Wanna be in Love, which is SO one of my guilty pleasures right now.
* I went bowling today and I seriously got a 70 the first game. I blame a) the crappy ball and b) the guy in the lane next to mine who totally felt the need to make a comment to me every time I got up there. After I managed to knock down, like, two pins after three straight gutterballs, he was all, Wow! You're on a roll! I think you should bowl for me! and tries to hand me his ball. I was like, OK, crazy train, although I did get a 115 my second game, so perhaps he had a point.
* Turtle Chex Mix is the best ever, although I don't eat the pretzels.
* We just got done watching that VH1 top 100 songs of the '90s special. Fun! I am such a sucker for those shows. The '90s, though: most random decade of music ever. In the top 10, you have Sinead O'Connor, Britney Spears, Pearl Jam, Backstreet Boys, REM, Nirvana, U2, Madonna, Mariah Carey, my personal favorite, Sir Mix-a-Lot (ha) ... love it. (What I love even more? That I can't remember my damn name and yet I can rattle off the top 10 artists in a VH1 special I just watched without even thinking twice. I need help.)
* Someone has a dimple picture and that someone just might be meeeee! Here's a little glimpse: