A quick look at the latest pop culture headlines:
* The latest celebrity baby was born over the weekend. Milla Jovovich and Paul Anderson had a girl and named her Ever Gabo Anderson. I don't even know what that means. What does that mean? I feel like they took a handful of Scrabble letters and just arranged them to form approximations of two words. I just don't understand that at all.
Also, I love when I can't tell the gender of a child by the name. I understand that there a lot of unisex names out there, many of them very cute, but shouldn't the middle name, at least, be a tipoff?
* So Katie Holmes ran the New York Marathon. That was a little bit random, but I mean, good for her. She did it in 5:29:58, which I love. That would be my time. Give or take like two or three hours.
But the real story of marathon week was the nasty, nasty, gross, disgusting news that Lance Armstrong was making out with Ashley Olsen all over town. Siiiiiick! I mean, for real. Take your classic little girl/dirty old man story and make it a million times nastier, and you've got Lance Armstrong and Ashley Olsen.
* Christina Aguilera admitted she was pregnant. Borrrring.
* For those of you who don't obsessively read things like Variety like I do, the writers in Hollywood are going on strike today. I am sort of Zen about the whole thing for now. Like, OK, there's enough in the can to get me through sweeps and they always show a million reruns in December anyway. And reality shows are safe and two of the best--Amazing Race and Project Runway--are just starting. So I think it will be OK for a little while, but I will be TICKED if it goes on for too long. Really, seriously ticked. There are only so many episodes of Deal or No Deal this country can handle.
* On Friday, one of my favoritest magazine issues ever comes out--People's Sexiest Man Alive issue. In honor of that, People has a Guess the Chest quiz on its website. It's exactly what it sounds like: You have to guess which male hottie's chest you're looking at it, although it is MUCH harder than you might think. Still, I am very (irrationally, pathetically) happy to tell you I got seven out of eight correct. If I know anything, it's beefcake beach bums.
Aaaaand, on that note ... happy Monday, everyone!