Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, November 16, 2007

T to the GIF

So I work on the third floor. Sometimes I take the elevator, sometimes I take the stairs. This morning I took the stairs. As I clomp my way up the steps, I'm thinking a few things:

I want to go back to bed.
I freaking hate taking the stairs.
I need to check my hair.
I freaking HATE taking the stairs.
MY THIGHS ARE BURNING! I know I haven't worked out as much lately, but HOW OUT OF SHAPE AM I?!?

And then I look up, and see the reason for the burn in my thighs: I'm on the fifth floor. I completely bypassed my floor. Somehow, this is very much something I would do. I sigh, turn around and clomp back down the stairs.

After work, I go to pick up some dry cleaning. Here's the thing about the dry cleaning: I usually go to this place by my old apartment, where they know my name and call me sweetie and tell me to stay out of trouble. But I haven't been able to get over there before they close, and I HAD to get some stuff done, so I dropped it off at the dry cleaners across the street from where I live now. I was a little paranoid about it, but I was like, look, it's not like cheating on your hairdresser, it's JUST DRY CLEANING.

Just dry cleaning, my ass. Can I tell you how much they charged me? Can I? I'm going to. 45 BUCKS. 45 DOLLARS for something that would have cost me TWENTY at the other place. Thanks to me, the owner's daughter, grandaughter and great-niece are now going to college.

It was definitely not my finest day.

But! I am going on a big adventure this weekend, so all is happy in Swishyville! There will be music, there will be mayhem--maybe even a little, say, manic mayhem ...

Have a great weekend, everyone!

24 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger simonsays said...

You make me laugh, only you could bypass your floor, ON THE STAIRS! LOL

Have a really good weekend, have a ton of fun!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger JenKneeBee said...

$45 dollars! ouch!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Beth said...

That is truly a "Swishy thing"...passing up your floor! ;)

You and Manic have some MAJOR fun this weekend....come back, maybe tattooed and pierced somewhere? ;)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Sherry said...

You were definitely ready for this weekend and your adventure....have a fabulous time.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

Wow! You need to get pressed for time, they pick up and deliver your dry cleaning at work!
I know you are in NJ and I have had them for years and Ieven turned my mom onto it and she loves it.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

I knew it was you involved with the Manic weekend! Have fun!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous kristabella said...

I totally would have done something like that. I probably would have gone in the elevator and gone back down the 2 floors. Since I already had gotten more exercise than originally planned.

Have a good weekend! Hopefully we can meet up!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

haha! Bypassing your floor on the stairs. Funny.

Have fun with Manic this weekend!

And go back to the old dry cleaner's next time. $45 is WAY too much!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger The Hotfessional said...

I have soooo done the stair thing. And dry-cleaning bills suck. I use that dry-clean-the-crap-at-home stuff. (Well, Mr. Hot does. I don't do laundry of any kind)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

but just think, the extra two flights of stairs could make up for your lack of exercising.

I'll bet it was really intentional and now you have burned enough calories to eat some yummy almost thanksgiving food.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

That's something I have done before, too. During my short stay at the college dorm, I lived on the 8th floor. I often found myself on the 9th or 10th because I wasn't paying attention.

Have fun this weekend!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Are you sure that you missed your floor? Isn't it possible that 'The Man' rearranged the building while you weren't looking. You always have to watch out for 'The Man'.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

You and Manic? Oh my. Why do I think there will be calls for bail going out? Have a great time.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Oh. you so do not know how to keep a secret. You could never kill and stash a body.

You suck. But you've got thighs of steel.

Cubmommy--call me--you still have my cell--meet us out!!!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

yeah, ouch to that. $45! That is CRAZY!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Trish said...

AAAAAAH--You're going to party with Manic! Can't wait to see the full report!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Moanna said...

$45 hurts but not as much as 5 flights of stairs. I'd have died somewhere around 2.5...

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Colorado Writer said...

Oh. I hate dry cleaning bills.

And you and Manic are so lucky to be so close together.

My BFF moved to FL and all I got was a stupid email.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger My Semblance of Sanity said...

YOu are with MANIC this weekend, huh? So jealous!!

Can't wait to hear about your weekend!!!

Will check back to see snippets!!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger KATE said...

Oh, you have a fun Manic Mayhem weekend!! I'm so envious!!

Wow, that is INSANE for dry cleaning. I hate paying for dry cleaning anyway & that would have made my head spin!!!

Have fun!!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

Wow.... I could do with an exciting weekend..... Have fun!!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Cecily R said...

Can I just tell you how much I love reading your blog? It makes me smile everytime.

Hope your weekend was fantastic!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Barrie said...

Perhaps trekking up the the FIFTH floor could become a permanent part of your exercise routine? ha! Sorry the dry cleaning cost so much. That's always a shock when a place is so much more expensive! Please blog about your manic weekend. :)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Andie said...

i have days like that ALL THE TIME.

hope you had a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home