Just a few random things
* Great news! This marks the first of, oh, about 749 references I plan to make in the next four months to how much I hate the cold! Can you think of a more riveting topic? I am seriously obsessed with it, though. Every year, I am completely in denial about cold weather coming. I feel like if I continue to wear sandals and act as though I don't own a coat, it will scare winter back into submission. And sadly, it never works. It just makes me colder, because I'm the idiot standing outside in 47-degree weather without a coat. Like I was today.
Anyway, part of my denial includes refusing to turn on the heat until November. I came home from work today and it was 68 degrees in my apartment and I swear to you, I huddled up on the couch with a huge blanket and basically acted like I was living in a third world country the rest of the night. Because it was SIXTY-EIGHT degrees! It is soooo gonna be a long winter.
* So the other day I was getting into my car to go to work and I hear this noise. I look up, and see this guy hocking SNOT over his BALCONY! Like, holding the one nostril and blowing out the other off the side of his balcony. Nothing says "good morning" like snot shooting from the sky. I was completely grossed out. I DO NOT LIVE IN A FRAT HOUSE! This guy was like in his 50s. It was totally disgusting.
* I had to cancel a dentist appointment last week because I was too busy to get away from work, and I hadn't rescheduled yet. So what do they do? They send me a text message to remind me to make a new appointment! A text message! My dentist! It was sort of disconcerting. I mean, I consider cable TV on the wall to be very progressive for a dentist. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the whole text messaging thing. Next thing you know, he'll be friending patients on MySpace and Facebook.
* I am quickly becoming the queen of the late-night Oprah rerun. Heidi Klum is on right now, looking gorgeous, of course ... but can you believe what she says about Seal?!? HA! She basically tells everyone what a big package he has! I died when I saw that. Because, you know, Oprah is on later where I am, but in some places it's on at 9 a.m.! Can you imagine sitting there with your coffee, Cheerios dribbling down your chin, kids running around, hearing about Seal's enormous package? I can't believe she put it out there on Oprah. But you know, good for her. As I'm sure it is. Ha.
* So you remember when I asked for jokes? Well, they ALL made me laugh, so if you want a little prize, send me an email with your address and I'll send one to you. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week, but soon. Ish.
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a good weekend!