Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I am so boring

I mean, seriously. I am. But I feel like I should blog, so I dug up an old tag and I'll do that.

But, first, two things: I am little pissed off, because Brad and Angelina are in Manic's neck of the woods right now and we BARELY missed them! I TOTALLY would not be above stalking Brad and Angelina. I'm sorry, I wouldn't, and you know what? I haven't discussed this with Manic, but I'm betting she wouldn't be above it, either.

OK, actually, this reminds me of something. Did I ever tell you I had a dream once that Brad and Angelina asked me to co-parent with them? They SO did. I was playing with Maddox and they were like, Swish! You are so great with kids! So they asked me to co-parent with them, and then they were going to set me up with a really hot actor friend of theirs, but I woke up before I found out who it was. Sad. So sad.

Second: So I'm going on a speedy quick trip this weekend, and seriously, all I can think about is the food I'll be eating. Literally, LITERALLY, my mouth is watering right now. I'm going to this little pizza place in my old neighborhood in New Jersey and HOLY CRAP, it is the best pizza ever. So don't you worry, you have plenty of pizza pictures to look forward to on Sunday night. If that's not exciting, I don't know what is.

OK ... tag time!

Four Jobs You've Had in Your Life:
1. Makeup girl at the mall. I'm still not entirely sure how that happened.
2. Summer recreation counselor
3. Founder of my very own babysitters club (you KNOW I read the books!)
4. Soon-to-be job: Co-parent of Maddox, Zahara, Pax and Shiloh

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. Top Gun
2. Garden State
3. Jerry Maguire
4. Love Actually

Four Places You've Lived:
1. THE Garden State
2. Next door to the biggest crack whore who ever smoked crack and whored
3. An apartment with five other girls, one of whom used to leave raw fish on the counter for days at a time and then EAT it. After FLIES had been on it. Even though it smelled DISGUSTING.
4. For a (very) brief period, my friend's couch

Four Websites You Visit Daily:
1. People
2. TV Guide
3. USA Today
4. Various blogs

Four TV Shows You Love To Watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. 24
3. The Office
4. Friday Night Lights

Four of Your Favorite Foods:
1. Chocolate
2. Chocolate with stuff in it
3. Chicken nachos from QDoba
4. McDonald's french fries
(I have excellent eating habits, can you tell?)

Four Albums You Can't Live Without:
All of my favorite CDs I've burned myself! (Complete with oh-so-creative titles)
1. Monday Night Mix (key songs: "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers; "23" by Jimmy Eat World; "A Murder of One" by Counting Crows)
2. Driving and Bored ("Different" by Acceptance; "Existentialism on Prom Night" by Straylight Run; "Dance Inside" by All-American Rejects)
3. Treadmill ("Make Damn Sure" by Taking Back Sunday; "Rooftops" by Lostprophets; "The Kill" by--cringe--30 Seconds to Mars)
4. Songs from TV shows ("Chocolate" by Snow Patrol; "Follow Through" by Hotel Lights; "Take Me Away" (acoustic) by Lifehouse)
(And, of course, my personal little Grey's mix. That's probably my absolute favorite. But that's a given, right?)

Four Places You'd Rather Be:
1. Reading a book on the beach
2. In a bubble bath
3. My favorite little coffee shop
4. In a hot man's pants! Ha ha. Just kidding. Mostly.

20 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger simonsays said...

I want to hire you to make my cd's, I need new music! Good post, Swishy!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

I'm still grossing out over your roommate and the fish. Bleck.

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Kristabella said...

Yeah, Brangelina is staying at The Peninsula Hotel in Chicago. FRONT PAGE of the Sun Times today. And not like in the corner. The WHOLE front page.

Forget they are raising fares on the CTA. Celebrities are staying at a hotel! Big. News.

How did you live with someone who ate days old fish? And why is she still alive? Because, ewwww.

Have fun in Jersey! Pizza = gooood.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Andie said...

hey I did that one a while back.

fish with flies on it? yikes. Scary girl you lived with there.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger imkay32 said...

i am way more boring than you are trust me.

btw i completed your tag

it's on my blog

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous crazed said...

Alrighty.. you know that Brad and Angelina would have set you up their oh, so famous, asstastic Scott Biao!!!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Beth said...

um, what's with the chick eating rotting fish?! That is totally disgusting!!!

Love Actually...one of THE best movies EVER!!!

McDonald fries...YUM!

co-parenting with Brad and angie? OMG!!!! I am so glad I'm you're friend, cuz I would so be doing Brad in the closet while you and Angie babysit the brats!!! ;)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Patti said...

i am so jonesing for Friday Night Lights!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

You have no time for B&A...you're in training for the 5K! You're in charge of inspiring the rest of us (or at least making us giggle so hard that it counts as aerobic activity...) Besides, if that snake ever shows up again, you're gonna want speed to get away...

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I have said this before: If I could be a fly on anyone's wall, it would be Brad and Angelina's wall.

I NEED TO FIND THEM!!! Where are they? The city? I need to know!!!

And you'd make a GREAT nanny for them! But the big problem you'd have to face is who would you rather sleep with? Brad or ANgelina? Oooh, I get it, you'd be the meat in the middle!!! LOL!

OK, have a great trip! Stop by Annapolis and visit my brother! And I want a complete update on the pizza cuz I love me some pizza!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm with Monnik. I'm stuck on the whole fish thing. No matter what reason she had for leaving it on the counter, it would not have been there for long. Eww!

I guess this is why I no longer have roommates... I have a hubby, but he knows better. :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

You really don't want to be on the beach right now, it's tooo damn hot!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Brad and Angelina would be lucky to get you.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger flea said...

i always luv coming to your blog cuz you make me smile & laugh...

and i'm still shuddering over the fish thing, so freakin GROSE!!!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger XYZinn said...

I remember that roommate! You forgot to tell people she was Mongolian...not that that should matter when it comes to eating old fish..so disguisting!!
I would soooo love some good pizza right now. That sounds so good. Have fun in NJ. I love that movie Garden State!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Tanya said...

What tv show is "Chocolate" by Snow Patrol on?

I read the BSC too. Did you ever check out this blog? She reads a book a week and tells us all about it.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

SWISHY!!! If you had more time and I had more time I'd totally drive to anywhere in New Jersey to see you!!! Geez! I always end up in New Jersey by accident anyway so it's almost like I live there!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

I forgot to add that whenever I end up in New Jersey they're so sad to see me go they make me pay $3.00 so I can leave. But I'd fork that out to see you! And I'd eat pizza with you, too. And I'd take your picture eating pizza. And if Brad and Angelina were anywhere near I'd help you stalk them - you know, make a stirrup with my hands so you can see over the wall - that sort of thing. And I wouldn't leave fish on the counter. I'm just sayin'.

Did she ever get sick??

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger The Franchise said...

I LOVE the Counting Crows, remember when this happened on Roswell...

ISABEL: You're really upset. This is bad.

MAX: I'm all right.

ISABEL: Max, I know you. You only ever listen to the Counting Crows when you're really upset.

Oh you don't, no one does. Touche. a hobit's life for me it is...

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Jen! That sounds SOOOOOO fun! We are going to have to do that soon, for sure, for sure, for SURE! I totally forgot how close you are to New Jersey!!!

And I really do love Counting Crows. August and Everything After is my favorite non-self-made CD ever.

She never got sick. It was kind of funny, because my other roommate was a complete neat freak and it drove her INSANE to have raw fish on the counter for days on end. We seriously had like four air fresheners going at a time. It was sick.

And Chocolate was on What About Brian, a show I am absolutely mortified to admit I watched sometimes. Also on The Last Kiss soundtrack, although that's not a TV show. But it DOES star an actor from a TV show, so there you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home