Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Feeling random today

* So I'm at my coffee shop, and there's this guy here who looks like Mat Kearney. How do I know what Mat Kearney looks like, you might ask? Because I watch VH1 at 3 in the morning, that's why! And he does. Look like Mat Kearney, I mean. On a somewhat related note, I like that song Undeniable.

* I've decided I'm sick of all my clothes. That happens every few months or so, around the time the seasons change (or around the time I WANT the seasons to change). But this time I'm taking action! I got the brilliant idea to sell some of my old clothes on eBay so I don't feel guilty about buying new clothes, but mostly so I can make room in my closet. I put two things up there last night as a test. Unfortunately, one of them is a green polo shirt, and there are 68 other green polo shirts up there right now, so I'm not sure I like my chances. Also, I was getting impatient with eBay, so I'm not even entirely sure I did everything right. But that's why it's a TEST, right?

* I have a new favorite song of the week: I Still Remember by Bloc Party.

* T-minus SIX DAYS until I can wear real earrings! Yay, yay, yay. I might cheat and put in a new pair on Saturday instead of Sunday, because that's the kind of wild and crazy girl I am. I keep yanking on my ears trying to test if they hurt--you know, if they're really ready for the responsibility of new earrings. (And I wonder why they got infected the first time around.) But so far, so good.

* I am so happy The Hills is on tonight. I am also SO, so happy it's almost TV season again. FINALLY!

* I'm a little concerned about the news that Ryan Seacrest is hosting the Emmys. Not because I'm sick of Ryan, or because I'm worried about Ryan overexerting himself, but because, as you may know, I am a loyal Emmys live-blogger and I'm worried about the red carpet. Of course he's not doing the red carpet if he hosts, right? So who WILL be doing the red carpet? Debbie Matenopoulos? SAL MASEKELA? (Please, no.) Love Ryan or hate him, but he holds shit together on the red carpet. I'm really worried about this. Unless they bring back Kathy Griffin. I liked her. Or the boob-grabbing Isaac Mizrahi.

WAIT. Something else occurred to me. Ryan's going to have to do an opening monologue! But he's not a comedian!

Maybe there will be good live-blogging after all.

23 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Andie said...

I'm scared to hear what will come out of his mouth. LOL

have a great week swish!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Monnik said...

i'm a little afraid of what Ryan's opening spiel will be too. Time will tell.

I'm looking forward to real fall tv too. And real football (although the preseason isn't bad either.) Go Packers!

We only have to wait until October 5th for Friday Night Lights!!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

You are sooo not selling clothes on eBay. I may have to call you a Loser! (Just kidding!)

Oh, AJers is reading over my shoulder and rubbing my back--what a sweetie--and he just said, 'AJ says you're a loser too!' But you KNOW MY KIDS LOVE YOU!!!! (Oh, PS--he says you're only a loser when it comes to Ebay... here AJers, would you like to write to Swish, I'll give you the dang keyboard for crying out loud!!!! LOL!)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

YOU KNOW WE ALL LOVE YOU IN MANIC'S HOUSE!!!!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Patti said...

i love tv. whenever i run into someone saying that they never watch i always steer the conversation to something popular to get them yakking about it too, and then i bust them with "...but i thought you don't watch tv..."

oops, small tv watching/loving rant...sorry.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Ryan Seacrest?! Nooooo! The so need Kathy Griffin doing it...OMG!...How much fun would she be, hosting the Emmy's? I love her!

AndI figures out why Scott Baio is 45 and Not Married....he's a JERK!!!

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

OK, I seriously watched FNL videos on YouTube the other night. I need my fall TV! I looooove TV, too, and I am so not ashamed (obviously) to admit it.

Miss Manic, it is NOT LOSERISH to sell stuff on eBay! It's eBay! And it's a shirt I only wore, like, once! (FYI, while we're on the subject, I TOTALLY give stuff to Goodwill too. I do! I am just trying this AS AN EXPERIMENT!)

And Beth ... oh, Beth. He is such an ass. I almost can't even watch it anymore.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jenster said...

Ryan hosting the Emmys?? Why? I agree that he belongs on red carpet detail and I can't imagine he can stand up to former hosts.

You do live blogging?? How exciting!! We print out ballots and put money on a bowl on the floor and whip up yummy appetizers and just generally make an evening of it. I haven't been able to talk everyone in dressing fancy, though. Next time I'll have to take part in your live blogging.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Wait - you mean they might NOT have Kathy Griffin? I never considered that...they HAVE to have KG! And you're right, Ryan doing an opening monologue might require a shaker of chocolate martinis nearby to get through the experience!

I'm so excited about your new earring options. A whole new world is about to open up for you :)

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

You realize if you change your earrings too early your lobes could fall off.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

At my orientation reception yesterday, some second year students in my program were making a blanket invite for people to watch The Hills with them. I actually considered it before remembering I had plans. I'd probably sooner kill myself than watch it, but since I'm naturally shy, I should take on all opportunities to meet people. But is it worth having to watch that? I think I'd rather cross my fingers and hope they have communal watchings of chick shows I actually do enjoy (Grey's).

Did I just read that Kathy Griffin's engaged to an Apple honcho?

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger The Franchise said...

I went to ebay and tried to buy your green polo as a keep sake...ype I'm THAT guy. The creepy guy who buys your shirts and then has some sort of weird fashion show. Just kidding. Or am I? I am from the interet where creepiness was born.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger March to the Sea said...

Bloc Party is pretty great. I hear they are even better live.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I think it should be Fall already too. I'm over summer and heat.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger flea said...

ugh, i have so tried the selling clothes on ebay thing..didn't work out so great i didn't sell a damn thing and i'm too damn lazy to re-post them all, perhaps you'll have better luck..

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

I am so over summer and am ready for some new Fall clothes. I heart Fall the most esp for the clothes ;) and I also cannot wait for Fall TV to come back. I am ready for Grey's!!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

You can't rip on The Hills if you've never seen it!

Laughing so hard on the eBay thing ... look, I don't care, as long as SOMEONE bids on it! ha.

And that's it, Eileen. The earrings are staying in :)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I've been adding the fall premier dates of our favorite shows to the monthly calendar I magnet to the fridge. Does that make me a loser? ;)

God bless you for turning me on to those Hostess 100 calorie packs!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

kcYou may have more luck selling a "lot" of clothing, say 3 outfits sold together, than selling them an item at a time.

Are there rules to the "Swishy Challenge" that Manic mentioned on her blog?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger kim said...

I can't stand Ryan Seacrest -- I don't get why he gets air, anywhere, for anything -- he's a bore, a jackass, a moron even.

Sorry for all the hating in your comments, but I see his name and it just comes.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger cubmommy said...

I am so sick of Ryan Seacrest! I guess he has to make is money where he can before everybody is burned out on him.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger XYZinn said...

Ryan is TOTALLY not a comedian. He tries to be sometimes on AI, but it doesn't really work for him.
Okay, so I really want a new wardrobe also. Hey, you should sell your things on craigs list. They might get sold faster.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Kim, seriously, I am STILL laughing at your Scott Baio comments, so keep it coming! Ha ha.

Good call on the eBay and Craigslist, you guys.

And Andrea ... the rule is just one sentence a day. Of course, it's a little bit of a trick, because you usually end up doing two or three or more, but all you have to do is one! Even if it's a sucky one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home