Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

There are such nice people in the world!

And one of them happens to be the sweet and lovely Jenster. I staggered home from yet another crappy day and what did I see on my doorstep? A package! From Jenster!



I can't even tell you how much this made my day. Such a nice, fun surprise!

So I've been a pretty lame blogger again this week. Did everyone have a good Fourth? It was very, very hard for me to wrestle myself away from the season three Project Runway marathon on Bravo, but I did it. (Really, though, is that not what our founding fathers fought for? The right to stay home from work, lie on the couch in your pajamas and watch catty designers on cable?)

Anyway, my friend and I sat outside at an oyster bar and got a big, old bucket of crawfish (messy! but yummy!) and then went to a Fourth of July concert and fireworks. The fireworks were awesome. Unfortunately, the fireworks PICTURES didn't turn out so great (this is by FAR the best one) ...



... but the obligatory feet-in-the-grass one did!



So it was fun. And thank goodness it's almost the weekend again. I wish every Wednesday was a holiday!

Happy Friday, everyone. More later ... but now it's time to take a bath with one of my Jenster bath fizzies! Fun!

14 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

That Jenster is such a sweetie. And I LOVE the feet in the grass picture. Hope you enjoyed your bath!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Patti said...

who doesn't love presents on the porch?!

and it was cool enough to wear jeans on the 4th?! whoa....

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Jenster said...

That little package was nothing compared to my Swishy Two Disc Grey's Anatomy CDs!

And I'm with Monnik. I LOVE the picture of your feet. You have very pretty feet, BTW. If I posted a picture of my feet in the grass I would lose all my regular readers.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Are those real feet?

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Those are happy Swishy feet, free, painted and in the grass which is a tie with being in water..

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Beth said...

How much fun is THAT, to get bath stuff in the mail?!?!?! Jennster rocks!!!

I like to toenail polish!!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Lucky You!

Aren't blog friends the greatest?! And you have lovely toes m'dear but then we already knew that:)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

I've never gotten so many compliments on my little toes before! LOL. You guys are so nice.

Patti, it was totally hot, but I HATE wearing shorts. Well, except workout shorts, which I wear all the time. But I can never find normal shorts that fit right!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger kim said...

for real, the feet are nice

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

I'm inspired to paint my toenails, I am not yet ready to brush my hair..If I brushed my hair and put clothes on I would go get a pedicure. But that seems like a lot of work..

Even though it would be just to my workout shorts and sandals..

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

okay the though of bathing just made me flash back to Meredith in the tub. Good thing I tried to soak in the tub last night..but honey was all hopped up..sheesh.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger flea said...

presents!!! aww that was so sweet of her & lucky you!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Ah, how nice of Jenster--didn't she just have surgery and she's off sending gifts and making others happy!!! Too sweet!

And cute tootsies! You should put that pic up for a new profile pic! Missed ya!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Andie said...

you have pretty feet.

and I wish I could wear jeans this time of the year. Every time I wear jeans in the summer, I have to peel the damn things off to use the bathroom.. it's that humid out.

What color is your toenail polish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home