Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Absolutely 1,000 percent random

I am a sleepy, sleepy girl (it's 3 a.m.!) so I'm going to spew out 60 seconds of random thoughts and then hit you with a real post later. Deal? Deal.

* I did not work out one day last week. Not one day. I'm pretty sure I gained 80 pounds. So I have to go, like, every day this week to make up for it.

* I also did not clean. The place is disgusting right now. I was running around this morning looking for my flip-flops, and I finally found them on the side of the toilet in the bathroom. I took them off in there, and then kicked them to the side after I tripped over them in the middle of the night. Meanwhile, my mail is on the bathroom sink, there's a granola bar wrapper next to the toothpaste ... it's a mess. I am SO cleaning everything tomorrow.

* Speaking of flip-flops, I forgot to tell you about this guy I saw during all the Fourth festivities. He had these flip-flops on, the kind with a thicker sole, and there was a flask wedged into the sole on each foot! He took them off and showed me. Lest you think it was merely for appearance, he informed me that they hold a lot more alcohol than you'd think. A LOT.

* My eyes are KILLING me! Late, late at night, I get this compulsive urge to rub the crap out of them. I think maybe my moisturizer gets in my eyes or something. It's happening right now and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!

* Chris Klein is a dork. He's on TV right now.

* And Jack White is weird. (I just flipped the channel.)

* I got my hair cut yesterday. Just a little trim, nothing crazy. I'm kind of liking it longish right now. The best thing ever about my hairdresser is that she gives me a little scalp massage after she washes my hair. Ahhhhh. I love it.

* Someone who lives near me got a dog, I think. I can hear the thing yapping out on the balcony right now. Maybe it had a bad dream. Do dogs dream?

OK, I'm out. I'm going to be a much better blogger this week, though! Happy (ha) Monday!

19 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger kim said...

Is there sunscreen in your face product? -- that always bugs my eyes.

Yes, the dogs, they dream -- never saw a dogs' legs pumping while they half bark (makes their lips flap)in their sleep? Dreamy squirrel chasers, the lot of them.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

I love the scalp massage at the salon. I call it a "hairgasm"

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

what? No pictures of the flask hiding flip flops? I'd like to see those!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I get the stingy eyes thing, too - not fun.

And yes - why can't we see the flask & flip flops combo??? It could be part of your photography collection, along with that great shot you took of the little girl's shoe in the street after she flipped it out the window.

You can call your first show "On & Off Your Feet." I'd better be invited :)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Dan said...

that only took 60 seconds?

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Patti said...

this entry is very twighlight zoney.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Kristabella said...

I've seen those flask flip flops! My old boss told me about them. He said they seemed like something I would like.

Although, I like the hooch, but drinking it out of something so close to a person's foot? Ewww.

I keep saying I'll be a better blogger too. But then, like last night, it was so hot, blogging = melting. So I had no part of that.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Yes! It must be the sunscreen.

OK, I was TOTALLY bummed about the picture thing, because I DID have my camera, but it was several hundred yards and a sea of people away. I was so ticked ... I was like, WHY DID I NOT CARRY MY CAMERA WITH ME?!?!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Beth said...

yes, chris klien is a dork and Jack white is SOOOOOO weird...and yes, dogs DO dream! At least mine do...they bark and growl and their little paws move all over the place like they're running. It's cute!

go to bed girl! Hey, whatever happened to the snake in the parking lot?

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I just got a tag for 8 random things before I popped into your blog....

The flip flops by the toliet, totally something I would do (I would have given up looking though), The flip flop flask,...a Zepheyer Hills bottle worked better for vodka (fluid oz wise), My BIL wears flip flops with a bottle opener in the sole..

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Hey. I have not worked out....
gee....
....maybe it's been about 3 times since...last June. You know, the June we had about 13 months ago.

I should probably feel guilty too.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Who's Jack White?

And you meant that you would be cleaning TODAY!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

Flasks in the flip flops? Interesting...

Love the hair massage thing, too.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

You're a bad blogger? That's nuffin'. I'm a bad blog reader.

The flask in the flip-flops is just weird. It seems all that swishing *hee, swish* would get on one's nerves. Besides, did he really want to be drinking or pouring from his shoe? Ick.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger The Franchise said...

Chris Klein is a dork, have you ever seen that movie with him and Josh Harnett, Here is Gone? Is that the title? Not a good way to spend an hour and a half, anyway I like your blog keep up the good work!!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Andie said...

flip flops with a flask, eh? I'll have to get hub some for christmas. LOL

oh, and dogs definitely dream. Sometimes when scruffy is in deep deep sleep, he'll make this funny bloop noise. It's a trip.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger flea said...

you bet your fur dogs dream, mine will bark, move their feet, etc while sleeping, it's quite freaky actually...

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

I'm allover the flask in a flip flop - where did he get those?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Random barking dogs in the middle of the night make me a little crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home