Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sleepy

Oh, so sleepy. I'm giving myself 10 minutes to spit out as much as I can (TWSS), and then I'm off to dream of cute boys and ... I don't know. More cute boys, I guess.

* I was outside on Wednesday and I got SO SUNBURNED! It hurts. It really freaking hurts. I put on some aloe vera, put on a sweater, and then when I went to take off the sweater, an entire layer of my skin came off with it. It was super gross. If I weren't so tired, I'd post a picture so we could all be grossed out together.

The funny part, though, is that my moisturizer has sunscreen, so you can totally see the finger marks where I rubbed in the moisturizer under my neck. SO hot.

* My job has been crazy lately. Crazy as in kinda sucky. Basically, I have a lot more responsibility without any of the perks or support. It's driving me a little insane--I feel like I'm just constantly scrambling to keep up and there's no payoff. I'm hoping it settles down soon (and that I get a FAT RAISE! ha ... not happening).

* My little summer project hit a speed bump this week because I went out of town. But I AM still doing it, and I'm going to get back on the wagon next week. And maybe take a French fry hiatus while I'm at it. MAYBE. That might be too crazy, though.

* I saw A Mighty Heart. It. Is. Fantastic. Angelina Jolie is amazing in it, just absolutely incredible. I cried four or five different times. I was trying to remember the last time I cried that much in a movie, and I can't remember. Years and years, for sure. I think it's sort of lame that more people are going to see, like, Evan Almighty than this movie, but I guess that's how it is. It has such a good message about strength and tolerance, though. Seeing it made me want to be a better person and make the world a better place.

But I guess before I try to change the world, I should get some sleep first.

14 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Monnik said...

Hey there sleepy swishy... hope you're catching some zzzs right now.

Don't worry about getting derailed on C25K. I repeated weeks three, four and six when I took weeks off, and am now on week 8. The great thing about the program is you can work your way through it, and if you get off track like I did, you can repeat weeks and jump back in.

I really want to see A Mighty Heart. but I never go to see movies, so... it might be a while.

Happy Saturday!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I wanna see that movie bad...but I will have to go by myself cuz hubs doesn't go to movies that aren't "cop-shoot-em-ups"...better for me!

try milk on your sunburn...soak a rag in milk and then pat it on your skin...it might help.

skin cancer girl!!!!! fake it!!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Patti said...

i cried when you said "french fry hiatus"...

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

I want to see that movie, too, but I want to wait until it's on DVD. I don't like crying in movie theaters. I've heard she's fantastic in it, too.

Sorry about your job. Job issues SUCK!

BTW - I would like to hear about the cute boys you were dreaming about...

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your sunburn. I got my first one of the year a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't believe how hot my skin felt to the touch after even a couple of days. I just kept slathering on the aloe too.

Your job situation sounds oh-so-familiar. It's the Curse of the Capable.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Oh Swishy, you may be getting some Manic Wrath over this one:
"I think it's sort of lame that more people are going to see, like, Evan Almighty than this movie, but I guess that's how it is. It has such a good message about strength and tolerance, though."

Guess what Manic saw yesterday? Yep, the Ark. Of course, I couldn't really take the kids to see A Mighty Heart though, so can ya blame me. However, Evan Almighty had a G R E A T message, about families sticking together, and God and all that stuff. In fact, we were already like 1-1/2 hours into the movie before I even checked my watch. That Steve dude is hilarious!

OK, so I'm not mad at you, just had to let you know Evan had some heart and a nice message too! ; )

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

Well we saw Pirates of the Caribben III last night. It gave me a lot to think about and it made me examine my own life. For example, the power struggle between Jack, Will and Barbosa is a symbol of the power struggle between fast food restaurants, designer clothes and diet supplements. Yeah. That's heavy stuff.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I feel the same way about Angelina Jolie that most women do about Johnny Depp so I'll check this movie out, but probably not before it hits video.

I only get to the theaterto se ewhat my wife or kids wants to see.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Jen ... ha ha ha ha ha.

Beth, I totally have this tiny mole on my shoulder, which is the only place I really, really burn badly, and I have been OBSESSED with looking at it lately just in case! I didn't really think I would burn at all ... I was in the city and it wasn't that hot. Dumb!

The Curse of the Capable. Love that!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Yes, one should be well rested before changing the world. Once you're rested up, though, who knows what might happen??

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

Ick on the sunburn issue. Been there more times than not. So gross. Hope it's better by now.

Thanks for the movie review - I really want to see that one.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

ooh I cannot wait to see it now. I've been hearing mixed reviews but I'm def going now that I read this :) Hope you got some serious sleep!

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Kristabella said...

My job has been crazy sucky too lately.

Leaving me not nearly enough time to read blogs. AND comment! Because of loud typing!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Sassy Blondie said...

I'm with you on A Mighty Heart. I think I cried more than I should have...damn PMS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home