The lovely Golightly tagged me the other day. So here, without further ado, are seven random facts about myself:
* My teeth are pretty straight but I never had braces or a retainer. I wanted them, though. I would cry big buckets of tears because I was the only kid in my class (well, not really, but it felt like it) who didn't have colored rubber bands on their teeth or a retainer case in their backpack. I felt like I was missing out on some kind of coming-of-age experience or something.
* I'm blonde, but I always wanted red hair, like Julia Roberts' or Kate Walsh's.
* One of my biggest fears in life is the idea that I might not have enough time to do everything I want to do. I get serious anxiety about it sometimes--it really freaks me out.
* I've broken a major bone (not counting fingers) three times. I broke my arm in fifth grade. A boy was chasing me down the hill at recess, and I turned to see how far he was behind me, and SMACK. Right into the monkey bars. I passed out and everything. It was a horrible break and my arm still hurts sometimes when it rains. I broke my leg in seventh grade playing basketball--I went up for a rebound and landed on my ankle. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it DOES buckle at the most random times and make me look like a complete spaz. And then I broke my cheekbone right before my junior year of high school. I was filling in on an adult men's softball team, playing second base, and someone hit a line drive right at my head when I wasn't paying attention (I believe I was checking out a guy on an adjacent field ... ha). I had a black eye for seriously half my junior year. I couldn't wear contacts for a long time but I was too vain to wear glasses, so I walked around with one contact in for months. Bad. I don't recommend it. (OK, seriously, though? The whole thing was really sick. For one thing, I stayed in the game, so by the time I got home my face was so swollen that it took hours to get my contact out of my eye. I was borderline hysterical. And then once the swelling went down enough for me to open my eye, BLOOD drained into my EYE. BLOOD. Covering my EYE! It was sooooo sick.)
* When I was a kid, like probably 8 or 9, I used to make my own radio shows. I'd talk into one tape recorder and put another tape player right next to it when it was time to play music.
* I constantly feel misunderstood. I've felt that way my entire life, and it drives me crazy.
* I have this habit of chewing on the inside of my cheek. I don't know how else to describe it, but suffice it to say it looks really freakish.
OK, your turn. Tell me something random about yourself!