Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, May 04, 2007

All about Grey's

OK, I'm sorry if this is boring to you, but I haven't talked about Grey's Anatomy for a long time and I have a LOT to say about tonight's (special! two hour! Seattle Grace could change forever!) episode.

(***STOP NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET BUT PLAN TO.***)

All right. So, the Addison spinoff. I love Addison. I could watch an entire episode of her just sitting there so I could look at her pretty red hair. (I LOVE her hair. I SO wish I had the nerve to dye my hair that color.) And she's sexy and confident and smart and funny and just all-around awesome. So lots of Addison = good thing.

OK. The problem with the spinoff, though, is that it's Grey's 2.0. Grey's: The College Years, so to speak. Tough bad boy with a soft, gooey inside (Alex Karev/Tim Daly)? Check. Pretty boy narcissist coming off a divorce (Derek Shepherd/Taye Diggs)? Check. Lovable loser who can't get the girl (George O'Malley/That Cooper guy)? Check. The male-female BFFs who maybe hook up down the road (Izzie/George; Judging Amy/Cooper guy)? Check. The elevator where people make out? Check.

That exchange between Addison and Tim Daly? Hot, until you realize that the 1.0 version (Alex) gave ALMOST THE SAME SPEECH in season two of Grey's!

Tim Daly: I'm going to kiss you. I'm going to kiss you with tongue. I'm going to kiss you so you feel it.
Alex: I kissed you, with tongue, and I plan to do it again and again. Get used to it.

Basically, Grey's is about interns in their 20s starting out. The Addison Show is about divorced doctors in their 30s starting over. Grey's 2.0.

My other Grey's thoughts:

* I will watch The Addison Show (I REFUSE to call it Private Practice, I think that is such a lame show name) for at least a little while because I like Addison. Also because Tim Daly is hot, and I would totally let him kiss me with tongue in the stairwell as often as he wanted. But the other characters need some personality NOW. I don't even know any of their names, that's how bland they were, which is why I keep referring to them in my head as Tim Daly, Francie and Judging Amy.

* If Piz from Veronica Mars is supposed to be the eye candy man receptionist, he needs to get a haircut. Badly.

* Tim Daly is super hot, as I mentioned, and I would totally let him make out with me, as I mentioned, but he was totally wearing girl clothes in that scene with the smashed-up car. He was wearing a tucked-in t-shirt with a star and a gray sweat jacket thing that looked like a cardigan from far away. In other words, girl clothes.

* I still haven't figured out who that Cooper guy is supposed to be. By far, the most annoying character.

* I knew Taye Diggs was short, but seeing him walk next to Tim Daly? He's REALLY short. Also, he doesn't look nearly as good in clothes as he does shirtless. Just saying.

* I thought they were trying way too hard to be sexy. Don't TELL me how sexy everything is, SHOW me. Duh.

OK, that's all about the spinoff. About Grey's itself, I have several things to say, but I'll leave it at just one: Meredith, PLEASE break up with Derek. I love Derek, I really, really do, but Derek needs some Derek time to figure some stuff out. Like, how not to be an ass. And Meredith needs to go out with her friends and drink tequila and maybe have a nice guy like Finn be NICE to her and not trot out bullshit lines like, "I don't know if I want to keep breathing for you" whenever things aren't perfect and rosy in Derek World. (Is that "how this works," Derek? Really?) They've done such a crappy job of writing his character this season. I bet even the perma-erection dude would have gone after her after that random Thatcher slap.

(I realize that unless you really, really watch the show, the above paragraph makes no sense. Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest.)

But really, I still love Grey's even though it's been a so-so season, and I got two hours instead of one, so I can't complain too much. PLUS I ate a yummy chocolate Oreo Blizzard during it AND my hair inexplicably looks awesome after looking very average all day at work. Of course, it would be better if someone other than me could see it, but hello, am I gonna pass up an awesome hair night? I most definitely am not.

(One final P.S. that probably no one cares about but me: Since when are Snoop Dogg, Woody Harrelson, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson Warriors fans? I've got a nice, comfy seat on the bandwagon, too, but give me a break. What a coincidence that the day after the Lakers get bounced, all their fans end up in front of TNT's cameras in Oakland. Whatevvvv.)

18 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Beth said...

so, I guess your migraine is gone!!

I wanted to smack Derek when he said the breathing thing....uh, all he's worried about is getting chief.

I love George! just had to say that.

I'll probably watch The Addison show just to see Taye Diggs..I love me a black man! ;) esp. with no shirt on....unless it's Bernie Mack or someone gross like that.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger flea said...

ok, i so agree with everything u said...Private Practice? like, so LAME, and Tim Daly is so YUMMY!! other than that nothing really stood out

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Kristabella said...

OK, Tim Daly was SO wearing girl's clothes! I thought the EXACT same thing!

I'm not sure I'll be that into the Addison Show (way better than Private Practice) because I don't care about anyone besides Addison. And a little Tim Daly never hurt anyone. But like you said, if I want characters like that, I'll watch Grey's. We'll see.

Dude, the Thatcher slap was jaw dropping. It wasn't the slap, it was the "shut the F up" or whatever he said after it. Temper, temper Thatch.

Yeah, I heart McDreamy too, but I think they need a "break." He's got too much going on upstairs right now.

And all celebrities are bandwagoners. Where were all those Lakers "fans" when they didn't have Shaq and Kobe and Phil and kinda sucked? Go Warriors! Go Bulls!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Andie said...

I have totally given up on grey's. It's getting too obvious to me. I think they peaked last season, personally.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger kim said...

A star shirt? weren't those big for rock stars when "Friends" was still on?

I thought it made him look like a youth clinger on-er -- desperate pretty boy.

I would make out with him too, just not in that outfit --- you are so right once again.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I didn't read it because a friend just loaned me her 1st season set - so now I have to watch that .. who knows when I will catch up.
She gave me nip & tuck too ... Frannie could be in trouble!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

You are going to have to fight me to get to Tim Daly! He just gets better looking the older he gets. He was even hot when he played David Koresh. Dayyyyummmmm.

And Derek? You hit that so right. What's up with how they're writing his character? I'm so disappointed.

And Addison cracked me up talking to the "elevator god". That was fantastic.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

I so got a migraine that lasted for days..I think it has something to do with the weather hence I've been in LaLa land and unable to watch Grey's until tonight..
I remember when you DIDN'T like Addison! Glad you crossed over the writer did a great job with her.
And since I'm eggless and barren too, I love her even more now.. I am so not dried up..

Now that I'm older and married. I can see why older women like eye-candy..it's no longer a competition. It's just a perk of life. period.

And Meredith getting slapped..The chief should have gone in and told him, not Meredith.. Why can't everybody just "get" Meredith. Derek harping about her not swimming..jackass. I could go on..she's barely treading water everyday personally but still kicks ass and shows up..not like Izzy laying on the floor. At least Callie and Christina who can hold their own.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Oh, Frannie, it will suck you in! And the second season's better.

Yeah, WTF was up with them making MEREDITH tell him? You're right, the chief totally should have done it. Or better yet, Bailey. Someone neutral.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

If the chief told him it would be a double whammy. Everybody would be like No you did not just do that..taking his first wife by having an affair and taking the second wife by having her die under his care..

Then dad could have slugged him and everybody would be pulling the chief off dad when he opened up a can a whoop ass on him.. Security could be called in..

The chief would be so uptight he goes next door to the bar and ties one on and picks up a chick and finally gets laid..

*sigh* that would have been great.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

HA HA HA ... why aren't you writing it, TTQ?!?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Cause I live closer to Hollywood, FL than Hollywood, CA......???? No degree, no contacts, just a puter and a dramatic flair...

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

so terribly sad that I can't even read this post since I don't watch.

WaaahhhH!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

I love it: The Addison Show. Perfecto.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

They're really calling it "Private Practice?" Wow. That's ... Shonda.
As you know, I'm a bit partial to "Ad-Rock Come and Rock the Sure Shot."

I totally call them by them other character names too. Except Taye Diggs doesn't have one because he's killed like 6 shows. I was wondering why that was and then remembered he can't act. He's like a male Jessica Simpson.

I do like Tim Daly, mostly because of The Sopranos. And if he couldn't sell that line (he couldn't, sorry), not many can. That's a BAD line right there.

OK, that Cooper guy has zero endearing qualities. I would rather have Joe Francis touch my kids. Judging Amy whining with bad hair? Who would have ever guessed that?

Is it just me, or if they're gonna ogle helmet-hair chicken arms Piz to the point where they set their schedule around it, first of all, no, and second of all, what Francie did at the end was kinda bitchy.

Kristabella, unless I missed the line during my rampant texting, which is entirely possible, I thought Thatcher just said, "She had the hiccups." It would have been very difficult to construct that plotline any choppier.

I hope Izzie and George get the wangfish somehow.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Allison Winn Scotch said...

Hey Swish-

Just wanted to let you know that Tim Daly lives in my 'hood, and that I actually worked out next to him last week. Definitely got my pulse racing in a whole different way. LOVE!

Allison

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger XYZinn said...

Okay, so I JUST finished watching Grey's from last week! And now the new one is on tonight. Okay TIM DALY IS FREAKIN' HOT! I always thought he was hot in "Wings" but he has somehow gotten hotter. I will watch the new show just for him.
Dang, I already deleted it off my dvr or I would go back and check out his clothes.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger XYZinn said...

P.S. Taye Diggs is also really freakin' hot!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home