All about Grey's
OK, I'm sorry if this is boring to you, but I haven't talked about Grey's Anatomy for a long time and I have a LOT to say about tonight's (special! two hour! Seattle Grace could change forever!) episode.
(***STOP NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET BUT PLAN TO.***)
All right. So, the Addison spinoff. I love Addison. I could watch an entire episode of her just sitting there so I could look at her pretty red hair. (I LOVE her hair. I SO wish I had the nerve to dye my hair that color.) And she's sexy and confident and smart and funny and just all-around awesome. So lots of Addison = good thing.
OK. The problem with the spinoff, though, is that it's Grey's 2.0. Grey's: The College Years, so to speak. Tough bad boy with a soft, gooey inside (Alex Karev/Tim Daly)? Check. Pretty boy narcissist coming off a divorce (Derek Shepherd/Taye Diggs)? Check. Lovable loser who can't get the girl (George O'Malley/That Cooper guy)? Check. The male-female BFFs who maybe hook up down the road (Izzie/George; Judging Amy/Cooper guy)? Check. The elevator where people make out? Check.
That exchange between Addison and Tim Daly? Hot, until you realize that the 1.0 version (Alex) gave ALMOST THE SAME SPEECH in season two of Grey's!
Tim Daly: I'm going to kiss you. I'm going to kiss you with tongue. I'm going to kiss you so you feel it.
Alex: I kissed you, with tongue, and I plan to do it again and again. Get used to it.
Basically, Grey's is about interns in their 20s starting out. The Addison Show is about divorced doctors in their 30s starting over. Grey's 2.0.
My other Grey's thoughts:
* I will watch The Addison Show (I REFUSE to call it Private Practice, I think that is such a lame show name) for at least a little while because I like Addison. Also because Tim Daly is hot, and I would totally let him kiss me with tongue in the stairwell as often as he wanted. But the other characters need some personality NOW. I don't even know any of their names, that's how bland they were, which is why I keep referring to them in my head as Tim Daly, Francie and Judging Amy.
* If Piz from Veronica Mars is supposed to be the eye candy man receptionist, he needs to get a haircut. Badly.
* Tim Daly is super hot, as I mentioned, and I would totally let him make out with me, as I mentioned, but he was totally wearing girl clothes in that scene with the smashed-up car. He was wearing a tucked-in t-shirt with a star and a gray sweat jacket thing that looked like a cardigan from far away. In other words, girl clothes.
* I still haven't figured out who that Cooper guy is supposed to be. By far, the most annoying character.
* I knew Taye Diggs was short, but seeing him walk next to Tim Daly? He's REALLY short. Also, he doesn't look nearly as good in clothes as he does shirtless. Just saying.
* I thought they were trying way too hard to be sexy. Don't TELL me how sexy everything is, SHOW me. Duh.
OK, that's all about the spinoff. About Grey's itself, I have several things to say, but I'll leave it at just one: Meredith, PLEASE break up with Derek. I love Derek, I really, really do, but Derek needs some Derek time to figure some stuff out. Like, how not to be an ass. And Meredith needs to go out with her friends and drink tequila and maybe have a nice guy like Finn be NICE to her and not trot out bullshit lines like, "I don't know if I want to keep breathing for you" whenever things aren't perfect and rosy in Derek World. (Is that "how this works," Derek? Really?) They've done such a crappy job of writing his character this season. I bet even the perma-erection dude would have gone after her after that random Thatcher slap.
(I realize that unless you really, really watch the show, the above paragraph makes no sense. Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest.)
But really, I still love Grey's even though it's been a so-so season, and I got two hours instead of one, so I can't complain too much. PLUS I ate a yummy chocolate Oreo Blizzard during it AND my hair inexplicably looks awesome after looking very average all day at work. Of course, it would be better if someone other than me could see it, but hello, am I gonna pass up an awesome hair night? I most definitely am not.
(One final P.S. that probably no one cares about but me: Since when are Snoop Dogg, Woody Harrelson, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson Warriors fans? I've got a nice, comfy seat on the bandwagon, too, but give me a break. What a coincidence that the day after the Lakers get bounced, all their fans end up in front of TNT's cameras in Oakland. Whatevvvv.)