Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Well

Between yesterday and today, this week is off to a smashing start.

The scene at Swishy's place this morning:

Swishy first hauls a remote, then a lovely box on the coffee table, then a nice, heavy green coffee mug at the wall. The remote is probably irreparably smashed. The mug definitely is.

Swishy flings open the front door, leans over the balcony and throws the remaining half of the coffee mug down two floors to the sidewalk, screaming various obscenities while she's at it.

I apologize if you're one of my neighbors. The only thing I regret otherwise is that my set of four coffee mugs is now a trio, although I might amend that when I go to watch TV tonight and the remote doesn't work.

The only other thing I'd like to say is that my aim is impeccable when I want it to be, and I avoided all body parts, including people's heads, on purpose. I definitely think I get credit for that.

11 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger flea said...

ouch! well for the pps in your way anyways....that does not sound like a great way to start your day..poor swishy, hope it got better and not worse for u

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

A little vent is good for the soul and heck- one can get a good mug many places.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Tuesday Girl said...

smashing things always makes me feel better.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Dan said...

what? just because ohio state lost? you didn't have them even in the finals!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

Wow! Be careful out there! Hope things start getting better.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Wow, sounds like a few people are having off weeks. Mine was a couple weeks ago, but now I finally feel back on track. Something must be in the air. Hope things get better.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger kim said...

I had to stop throwing remotes when technology got so advanced as to make it impossible to manually run your tv and other gadgets w/out them. Sometimes reasonably priced replacement universal remotes aren't so universal. And sometimes factory replacement remotes are almost as much as the tv in the first place :o).

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Beth said...

you can always replace coffee mugs...but a good ole fashioned freak out? those only come every so often so it's very important to take advantage of them when you get them!! ;)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Man, and I just want to destroy my neighborhood's property, not my own.

And I'm about to pull an Izzy and go on a baking spree..not a good sign.

hope your hell ends soon..you'll give me hope if it does!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Thank you all for seeing the humor. I promise I'm not tooooo crazy.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I threw a brush across the room tonight. AngelBaby likes to brush MaaMaa's hair -- which means that she actually tears it out strand by strand -- so after the 5th or 25th time of asking her to stop -- I threw the brush. It felt good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home