Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, April 13, 2007

This and that

Diving into a mess of random ...

* I am totally not a shoe person because, as you know, I need my feet to breathe. BUT ... I so needed summer shoes. (Of course, it's supposed to freaking SNOW this weekend, so I suppose "need" is a relative term, but still.) So I stopped by the store tonight after work and within 10 minutes, two little pairs of summer sandals had found a happy home.



The best part of all ...
Regular price: $140
Swishy price: $31.96

Thirty bucks. I spent THIRTY BUCKS on two pairs of shoes! YEAH!

* I did NOT want to work out tonight. Did not, did not, did NOT. But I went anyway and DAMN am I a superstar. I freaking loathe the treadmill, but I try to do it once or twice a week to mix things up, and tonight--even though I didn't even want to be there in the first place--I ran THREE TIMES longer than I did on Tuesday! I'm not telling you how many minutes because it's not that impressive, but it IS three times longer! Plus I did weights, which I also hate. I feel like I should never have to work out again after such a performance.

(OK, if you listen to the song Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, which I did approximately nine times during my workout, you can't HELP but run. It is the best treadmill song ever.)

* I came home today and, no kidding, the inside of my bedroom closet smells like paint. I keep walking in there to check, and every time, I'm like, yup, still smells like paint. RANDOM!

* If you are not watching Friday Night Lights, you MUST start! Unfortunately, the season ended last night (with yet another flawless episode) but you can watch every episode online for free at NBC.com. Seriously, the weather's crap--just stay in this weekend and have a Friday Night Lights marathon (because, trust me, after you watch a couple, you won't be able to stop). You will LOVE it! And then you can email me so we can talk about it all summer until the next season starts, or at least until Grey's Anatomy gets good again.

* I am completely addicted to the aspirin mask. It's just like Miss Jones said: a little bit of Cetaphil mixed with a bunch of crushed aspirin equals MAGIC!

* I got a new blow dryer and my hair hasn't fallen out since. Yayyy. It only took me three freaking months to figure it out. Tell me you're not impressed by my stunning intellect.

* Last but definitely not least, Manic Mom is having a birthday this weekend, so make sure you go over and wish her a happy birthday full of all the appletinis she can drink! Happy Birthday, my BBFF!

15 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I guess I'm gonna have to try this aspirin mask thingie...I need all the help I can get.

it's so wierd that your closet smells like paint!

and you totally rock at the gym, girl! WooHoo!!!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Would you go shoe shopping with me? I need someone who can sniff out bargains like that! :)

I just started watching Friday Night Lights two weeks ago...better late than never, I guess. I was wrong about it from the beginning. It's really good!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

The best workout song is totally "Lapdance" by N.E.R.D. Seriously, if I'm wrong, I'll refund your $.99 download.

So excited to watch the back half of the season of FNL. I can't believe I've intentionally held out this long. Just heard NBC ordered 6 episodes. So at least there will conceivably be 6 more episodes. Then again, all networks do is lie.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

How cute are your new shoes???? I am PINING for warm shoe weather, absolutely pining...

Tell me more about the aspirin mask! Do how long do you leave it on? Do you use honey? What did it do? Honestly, any beauty product that enables me to run three times longer on the treadmill and then find gorgeous shoes on sale has my name written ALL over it...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I love, love, love the shoes. And I sooo need some summer shoes.
No snow here - but it is darned COLD.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

aspirin mask, huh??? I need to look into that. Also, love the shoes!!!!

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Kristabella said...

Yay for the cute shoes! Yay for the running! I full on believe that any running is good and should be commended. And even more so if you went longer than the time before!

I agree that the My Chemical Romance song is a good running song. It is on my running playlist as well.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Awwww! You are the best Blogger best friend forever a girl could HOPE for!!

I love you!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

Yowza!! That whole shoe thing is like joy incarnate!! I'm giddy because I know someone who got such a great deal AND cute shoes!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

I love that you all appreciate what an awesome thing finding those shoes was!

OK, the aspirin mask: I mash up six aspirin and mix it with a few squirts of Cetaphil. (You can do it with honey, too, but I only tried it once and it made me itch while it was on, so I haven't since.) I have total combo skin, so I put it on the t-zone for 10 minutes and then on my cheeks for the last five, because my cheeks are a lot drier. It totally works!

Kristabella! I can't get into your blog!

Ha ha ha ... Lapdance, huh? I'll try it.

And MWAH! My Manic is the best!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Sara Hantz said...

WWTG on the shoe bargains...... I love it when that happens.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

Your cup runneth over in this post. So hey! how'z it goin? I like the shoes and I am off to listen to the Chemical Bros.

btw i love the treadmill. why? I dunno it's like WTF??? to me too.

I smell paint but I prefer aerosol cans or super glue. Seriously.

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Eileen said...

I worship those shoes....

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger flea said...

luv the shoes they are super cute!! can't believe u got them so cheap, that's freakin Awsome!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger The Franchise said...

I've made the same plea for FNLs' on my blog, but I'm a little worried. The new NBC Pres pulled the summer reruns of the show AND placed the show on Friday Night, which technically makes sense but in reality I fear it is a death sentence. If NBC was smart it would block off Sunday and Monday nights for smart struggling shows (FNL's, 30 Rock) and have blocks of two and four episodes respectivly. That is how you get new viewers. How do I not have my own network?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home