This and that
Diving into a mess of random ...
* I am totally not a shoe person because, as you know, I need my feet to breathe. BUT ... I so needed summer shoes. (Of course, it's supposed to freaking SNOW this weekend, so I suppose "need" is a relative term, but still.) So I stopped by the store tonight after work and within 10 minutes, two little pairs of summer sandals had found a happy home.
The best part of all ...
Regular price: $140
Swishy price: $31.96
Thirty bucks. I spent THIRTY BUCKS on two pairs of shoes! YEAH!
* I did NOT want to work out tonight. Did not, did not, did NOT. But I went anyway and DAMN am I a superstar. I freaking loathe the treadmill, but I try to do it once or twice a week to mix things up, and tonight--even though I didn't even want to be there in the first place--I ran THREE TIMES longer than I did on Tuesday! I'm not telling you how many minutes because it's not that impressive, but it IS three times longer! Plus I did weights, which I also hate. I feel like I should never have to work out again after such a performance.
(OK, if you listen to the song Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, which I did approximately nine times during my workout, you can't HELP but run. It is the best treadmill song ever.)
* I came home today and, no kidding, the inside of my bedroom closet smells like paint. I keep walking in there to check, and every time, I'm like, yup, still smells like paint. RANDOM!
* If you are not watching Friday Night Lights, you MUST start! Unfortunately, the season ended last night (with yet another flawless episode) but you can watch every episode online for free at NBC.com. Seriously, the weather's crap--just stay in this weekend and have a Friday Night Lights marathon (because, trust me, after you watch a couple, you won't be able to stop). You will LOVE it! And then you can email me so we can talk about it all summer until the next season starts, or at least until Grey's Anatomy gets good again.
* I am completely addicted to the aspirin mask. It's just like Miss Jones said: a little bit of Cetaphil mixed with a bunch of crushed aspirin equals MAGIC!
* I got a new blow dryer and my hair hasn't fallen out since. Yayyy. It only took me three freaking months to figure it out. Tell me you're not impressed by my stunning intellect.
* Last but definitely not least, Manic Mom is having a birthday this weekend, so make sure you go over and wish her a happy birthday full of all the appletinis she can drink! Happy Birthday, my BBFF!