Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Girl talk

So we're having a girls night on Friday night. We're all sitting around eating and talking, and one friend, Elaine, mentions that the cable guys came by her house today.

Friend A: I had a guy come by the house the other day, too. He was so cute! He had such a nice face.
Friend B: OH! Well, *I* had a repair man come by, too, and you guys, he couldn't even button his jeans!

We all kind of look at each other, like, "Is she talking about what we think she's talking about?"

Friend B: I seriously had to keep reminding myself to look up. It came into the room before he did!

We start laughing. Someone asked if maybe he was using a pair of socks.

Friend B: SOCKS?!?! More like an entire boot! A BIG boot!

We're all wiping tears from our eyes. The idea of a repair guy packing a boot in his jeans is funny enough, but even funnier is the fact that this woman is perhaps THE most conservative person I've ever met. And she can't stop talking about it.

Friend B: Whatever. You're just jealous he didn't come to YOUR house.

11 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Elaine said...

My favorite part of the entire conversation is that Friend B felt that she had to apologize to Swishy for such an informative conversation!!! HA!! If she only knew your stories... or the info you have on such issues! HA! I love it!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

http://www.internationaljock.com/cocksox-enhancer-briefs-red,6013.html

perhaps there's been some internet shopping going on.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

OMG!!!! I'm sitting at work, it's dead quiet, and I am DYING laughing. I can't stop. Talk about a picture saying 1,000 words! Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

What was he there to repair?? I'm pretty sure I've got the same problem here. Do you have his number? I'm just curious. That's all...

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

i'm gonna go out on an limb here..did he have the proverbial plumbers butt crack? Friend B didn't say that he was hot..just that he was packing rather large..if you tell me he's cute and has a huge package..how in the hell did that happen? They never come to my house like that..

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OK, seriously, you do not even want to know what I said to Hubby this a.m. when he put on his sporty track pants. Basically, he needed to put on some jeans for some coverage.

Yep, that's my man.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Beth said...

um, ya....my uh...toaster...or dvd player is broke and I was uh, wondering, could you pass along his number? I have a number of things that need fixin! ;)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

hehehe! I had a girls night out on Friday too. Love the conversations!! We didn't get to cable or repair guys, but it was still lively!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

Yeah, you need to go back to your friend and find out if she was likig what she was seeing or if it was just eeeewwwwwwwww.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Drew Blackstone said...

You put the boot in the front? No wonder I've been getting all of those strange looks.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

That is pretty funny. I wouldn't have known where to look myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home