Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Let the madness begin ...

Thank you so, so much for your nice birthday wishes, everyone! The birthday was good. I'll have to tell you about it later (like, tomorrow), though, because ... drum roll, please ...

It's Selection Sunday! And in honor of the official kickoff of the funnest time in sports EVER, I'm doing a Swishy bracket pool. You don't have to pay to do it, just fill out your picks and talk a little smack and make sure you don't beat me, because my ego's fragile and I can't handle it (juuuust kidding).

Some of you might be like, "Swishy! I don't know what March Madness is!" or "Swishy! I hate basketball!" (cough ... Manic) which is why I'm dangling a prize. It's not a HUGE prize, but it's still a prize: The winner gets a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate, which I'll have emailed to you at the end of the tournament. Sooo ... spend 10 minutes making a Yahoo! ID and clicking on a bunch of teams, maybe win 10 bucks to spend on Amazon.com. I believe they refer to this as a no-brainer.

We're using the Yahoo! game because it's pretty user-friendly. YOU NEED MY GROUP NUMBER AND PASSWORD TO SIGN UP, THOUGH! I can't decide if it's OK to post them here or not, so I guess just email me for now (or leave a comment with your email address) and I'll give 'em to you.

Happy Selection Sunday!

10 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Huh? Is this multiple choice?
I'm gonna head over and try to play.

Did you figure out who Honey is yet? When I first met him I googled him..but I had his name!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

What fun! And I DO NOT HATE BASKETBALL! I'll have you know I played it in junior high...

But, too much to click on to sign up for this March Madness stuff--what does that all mean anyway?!!?!? ; )

Hope you had a great birthday!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger flea said...

dang girl! happy belated B-day!! sorry i missed it :P

i used to get all excited about March maddness, not so much lately though...perhaps this will re-new my interest...

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll play in your little punk-ass pool. sho' nuff. send me the IN to the FO, yo.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Yeah, March Madness is pretty big around here too. I've never been that big into sports. My hubby is though. Hmmmm, maybe I'll get him to play;))

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Did you see this blurb today?

Kate Walsh, Dr. Addison Montgomery on "Grey's Anatomy," will leave the show in May to lead her own spinoff — but the actress reportedly has a clause written into her contact that she can return to "Grey's" if the new show fails.


And another one: Meredith to get 200,000 per show... She is the highest paid on the show.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Okay, so you don't have an email link here, so I have to comment on your blog and hope you get this tonight.

Manic won't be our threesome, so we want you, bitch. Not that you're sloppy seconds, or anything. Hell, we've wanted you from the beginning but we knew manic a little better. But since she won't come out and play in fly girl land, Barbie Jo and I are begging you........come play!!!!!

Okay, so we've been into the wine. Can you tell?? Actually Barb only lives a mile from my house so we are hanging out tonight and thought it would be fun if we blogged on the fly girls as though we were IMing even though we are in the same room.

Just had to pop in and say we are bored. come play. You have to go to nationals. We are going to have a blast.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

Happy belated birthday - sorry I'm late :( Hope you had a great day!

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I wish someone would pay ME $200,000 a week! I like her, at least.

SLOPPY SECONDS!!! ha ha ha ha. Manic won't come out and play? Really? I bet she will. This is all part of her power move.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Happy birthday, Swishy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scribe:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home