Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'd go in his trailer, too

I have lots of little things but nothing big, which means a) I'm boring and b) one of the random catch-all posts I'm notorious for is in your future. In the meantime ...



This is one of my favorite Grey's scenes ever. Since there have been like two decent Derek-Meredith scenes all season, I watch it often, along with the other 15 favorited clips like it, to remind myself of what once was. Ahhh ...

The Swishy version of this scene:

All right ... my mother's maiden name, Post.
I have three brothers, two sisters.
I have no nieces, no nephews.
I like cookies and cream ice cream.
I like chocolate malts and butterscotch ... occasionally a good candy bar.
I used to have two fish.
And I NEVER cheat when I do the crossword puzzle in People magazine.
And I never dance in public, either, but I dance up a freaking storm in my bedroom. Favorite novel ... how about a top five?
Favorite band ... might need a top five there, too.
Favorite color's green--I don't like lime green, I mean the kinds of green that aren't artificially manufactured in a Crayola lab somewhere.
That scar right there on my left hand? That's why I don't use the oven very often.
And I live in a two-bedroom apartment. All of those magazines are mine. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, because I take them to read when I work out and I have been the worst worker-outer ever lately (although I did go tonight!).

So ... that's it. That's all I've got for now.

(P.S. I LOVE the song that plays during this scene ... "Fix You Up" by Tegan and Sara.)

14 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

My sound IS.NOT.WORKING. Dang. I am so upset. But I love your list.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Love your list too. You crack me up.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

FUCK! I wrote a post but it got eaten!

I said, "Swishy, I don't know how the perfect man has not found you and fallen in love with you yet!!!"

And then I wrote, "I thought Dempsey said, ...' and I never gas in public!'

great post!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

Here's random -

Do you watch "Ugly Betty"? I sort of do (that means it's on while I'm playing on-line so I'm only sort of paying attention) and the gay guy and his mom keep saying "swishy" in reference to his more effeminate tendencies. I postively HAD TO SHARE! LOL

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

I am so not liking Izzy after tonight's episode. And big ups to Meredith, so no matter what the motives were for her doing that surgery, she DID it!

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I bet Dempsey never gasses in public either! Ha ha.

I don't watch Ugly Betty, but that's funny! That is NOT why I'm Swishy, though!

And Iz ... I felt bad for her at the end, because she's just so lonely. Everyone has a person except for her. :(

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

HOW it split up my frowny face, I have no idea. That looks so weird.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Liz said...

McDreamy lives in a trailer?!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

I don't feel that bad for Izzie. I mean, she's largely responsible for her current position in that she dumped her boyfriend (Alex) for a bathing-averse cheap innuendo machine, has at least temporarily run off her friends by being a completely biotch to them, including bitching out George about his marriage instead of worrying about Meredith on life support, and then trying to break up her supposed best friend's marriage. I understand that she feels horrendously lonely, but she didn't get there by accident.

Also, while the posted video (you'll have to teach me to embed video) is a good scene, please no "On a scale of 1 to 10." That hurt. On a scale of heavy-handed, those amps went to 11. :)

Go Georgetown!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger kim said...

I never watch Ugly Betty, but I saw it last night and I thought of you too :o).

Grey's was alright -- I'm still waiting for a Jane Doe payoff though. I was glad that George was pissed, I hope he stays that way and doesn't start having confused feelings about Izzy -- that would be stupid.

I loved when Derek breathed in Meredith when she was studying -- that was a sweet little moment.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

I haven't watched the show since last season's finale, but I remember loving this scene! Thanks for posting it.
Scribe

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I SO want to date Derek....

and I agree with Manic....some lucky guy out there is just waiting for you Swish, and he will thank his lucky stars when he does. You are one in a million.....(there was s song by that title in the 80's...good song)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

That is the best damn Grey's moment ever! I just love it. Why aren't they like they used to be? And is it just me or did we miss the hot Meredith/Derek sex we've been promised? or have they still not done the nasty?

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

I knowwwwwww! I miss the old Derek and Meredith! There has been NO hot sex, at least not any I've seen!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home