Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Birthday girl

That's me!

A lot of people hate birthdays, or say they don't care about them. Not me. I am not ashamed at all to say I love birthdays (everyone's birthday, not just mine) because it's the only day all year that's YOUR DAY. I especially like having a birthday in March. It's finally starting to not be so freezing cold outside, it's right before the NCAA Tournament, which I love (and attended when I was two weeks old!) and it's just long enough after New Year's that I can kick my butt back into gear for the other "new year" if I'm slacking on my resolutions. It just feels like such a nice, fresh start. I always think about how I want my year to be defined, and I'm pretty clear on what I want this year to be all about. I usually like my odd years better than my even years (I know that sounds weird, but I MUCH prefer odd numbers over evens. I was born at 7:23 p.m. on 3/9 of an odd year ... see?! It was programmed into me!), but I'm determined to love this year anyway, even though it's an even one.

It's already off to a good start. I had a lovely pre-birthday dinner, and the bestest BBFF in the whole entire world, Manic Mom, sent me a super fun package that got here today (and maybe, just maybe, included a Tim-Tam or two!!) It totally got me all giddy and excited.

I'm in a good mood. I really, really like my birthday. I know I probably should have gotten over that when I was, like, 12, but I don't care.

(Speaking of getting older, though, I am SO going and putting a mask on my face right now. I do love birthdays, but I swear I get a new baby wrinkle every day. Fortunately I have a nice freaking ZIT on my chin to distract everyone from the little lines on my forehead! HA!)

(OK, one more P.S. Like, NO CELEBRITIES have the same birthday as me. Hardly any. No big names. People like Bobby Fischer and freaking Emmanuel Lewis. But I looked up my birthday on Wikipedia and Barbie was "born" on March 9. Barbie! That's pretty big time. Also, the Ford Mustang. If only I had Barbie's 38-18-34 measurements and a Mustang convertible to park them in, then we'd be talking.)

26 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Liz said...

Happy birthday :) I love birthdays too. I'm disappointed when, like, the world doesn't stop to revolve around me when it's my birthday.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Beth said...

ya, but you'd have to have Ken as a boyfriend...or that other guy from Austrailia that she dumped Ken for....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWISHY!!!!!!
I hope it's everything you want it to be and more....you're the best!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Jennifer Talty said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous citygirl said...

Happy Birthday!! :)
I also love birthdays. Everyone is normally away for Christmas on mine though, since it's the day after. But, I still enjoy them!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Jenster said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love that you love birthdays! You're right - they are YOUR special day. And I'm starting to think that you're pretty special so it all works out.

By the way - don't fight the zit. It just makes you look younger. :o)

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OK, laughing so hard that I linked you and you linked me on your special day!

You need to give Ramblin' a little credit for the Tim Tams though, cuz it's kinda like a 'regift' from Australia!!!

Enjoy your birthday! And you're hot like Barbie! Now you just need the car!!! Screw Ken, he's gay!

Love you!!! Have a terrific day BBFF!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

And, OMG, why are we all up this early!?!?

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous allee said...

Happy Birthday----
Soon we can go and find out if the stars agree that this year will really be everything you want it to be!!!! You're the best!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Happy, happy birthday! It's refreshing to hear that someone actually likes his/her birthday. Have a great day!

My celebrity birthday pals are Gene Kelly (!) and Barbara Eden (?). Webster is cool.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger cubmommy said...

Happy Birthday Swishy!!!!! I hope you have an awesome day!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger BeckyD said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's the most fantabulous day!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Oh, my gosh, what ARE you all doing up so early?!?! Ha ha. But yayyyy! I turn on the computer and all these nice people are wishing me happy birthday! Thank you so much! You guys are the best.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

Happy birthday!

Since Comedy Central pulled all their stuff off YouTube, I can't link my favorite pop culture mention of the word "Swish," but trust that I would have.

And by the way, I like the glasses!

6 days until the NCAAs and a new Greys.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Happy Birthday Baby ...
just think, if you decide to become more Barbie-esque you could be a Dr., a teacher, a beautician, and the President ... woohoo -
Enjoy the day. Enjoy the tim-tams and by all means don't worry about the zit - it does make you look younger!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! And how come you haven't mentioned Patrick Dempsey having twins? I saw it in the pharmacy the other day... I expect all Grey's hot news to be here in case I missed it. Sucks that we are back in reruns..*pout*

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

Happy Birthday

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Lo said...

Okay that's it, I simply must have a tim-tam. All this tim-tam talk is making me salivate for something I've never had but have an idea of what they should taste like...

Happy Birthday! I think it's great you are excited about your bday, all too often as we age we look at it as just another day. So enjoy!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Ramblin Rose said...

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy the Tim Tams!!! :)


RR

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger kim said...

Happy Birthday Swishy -- I hope you have the best even year ever.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Mine was on March 8th and I, too, am a birthday whore....I LOVE the presents and the attention and I think it's awesome for you to celebrate yourself at least once every year (and if you can extend the birthday week to a month that's even better!)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Happy belated birthday

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Thank you so much, everyone! :)

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger wheresjack19 said...

Happy Birthday!! I totally didn't forget; in fact I was thinking about it all week. I even have your card sitting in my office! I am such a slacker. I hope you had a great one. And what the heck are these Tim Tam's that I keep hearing about?? Do I need to buy some? Where would I get them?

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Andie said...

I totally didn't realize it was your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday!

Ha! I'm a March girl too. And I love it for many of the same reasons you do!

Happiest of Happy Birthdays to you... even if I'm late.

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Happy Birthday Swishy! Cheers for a beautiful year of Swishy loveliness. The world needs you.
Scribe

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Awwwww ... thank you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home