Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Random

I'm sitting here at my coffee shop, minding my own business, when an older man walks up to me.

Guy: Every time I come in here, you’re on that computer.
Me: I'm sorry?
Guy: I come in here all the time, and you're always sitting over here on that computer of yours.
Me: Well, I’m working!
Guy: On what?
Me: Stuff.
Guy: You good at it?
Me: Um ... I think so.
Guy: Well, good for you. Good for you. You go, girl.

(Five minutes later, Guy walks by with his to-go bag.)

Guy: You know, next time I’m in here, I'm going to give you some shit, because you’re always looking so serious. You’re a nice, young, good-looking girl, you need to be out there enjoying your life a little.
Me: It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon! And it's freezing outside!
Guy: I'm telling you, next time I see you I'm gonna give you shit.
Me: And I don't look THAT serious.
Guy: I'm gonna give you shit. Just so you know.

Totally never seen this guy before.

15 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Bina said...

How much older? Hitting on you? Or just being a fatherly type? I love those older guys who are funny and fatherly. They are just so cute!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Maybe that was his idea of hitting on you: "I'm going to give you some shit." How romantic! Maybe you can call him McPoopy. Ha!

Just stopping by this Sunday morning. Hope you're having a good weekend!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

TOTALLY hitting on you. Totally. And has he heard your genuine laugh? You're soooo not soooo serious all of the time!

Ask him to take you out to dinner next time he hits on you. Was he THAT old?

Me thinks Swishy needs a Sugar Daddy!

MISSED YOU!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Next time you go to the coffee shop, put some fake dog crap in a ziploc bag (the bag adds to the effect that it might be real). When he gives you shit, you can pull it out, and say "well here's some shit back."

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

He was soooo not hitting on me! Although I think you have the right idea with the sugar daddy, MM. Ha ha ha ha.

Can you imagine me carrying around fake dog crap in my purse ... lol.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Jenster said...

LMAO!! That's so funny. I especially like the idea of the plastic dog crap. LOL

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

That is random.
Is there anything wrong with a Sugar Daddy .. I mean really. Think about the possibilities ...
just sayin'

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous ramblin rose said...

I'd ask him out.... He so sounds as though he was hittin on ya... ask him if he has any younger children your age... or grandchildren.....

and as for carrying fake dog shit in your purse go for it... I once carried a dead fish in water in my bag to return to a pet store for a whole day.... and yep I'm whacked...
tim tams do that to you

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Golightly said...

was he creepy old? huh - you so know he is going to be looking out for you next time. Sounds like he is looking for some young hot thing. Sugar daddy would not be bad at all :)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Beth said...

He was SO hitting on you!!!! was he cute? Go for it Swishy! give him shit right back! ;)

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Drew Blackstone said...

I think it's great that someone finally gives a shit.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan said...

That's funny. Write it down somewhere, because I see the makings of a story there with your senior admirer...you're the protagonist, and the man who gives you shit everyday at the coffeeshop turns out to be your long lost father/uncle/some other pivotal person...perhaps he knows who you are, but it takes months for you to figure it out. Meanwhile....

Okay, I'll stop. Time for bed :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Ha ha ha ... you guys are so funny. I'll have to get in line behind him next time he's there and look over his shoulder when he opens his wallet. Just to see :)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Andie said...

how funny! I hope it brightened your day!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

He was so completely hitting on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home