Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, February 23, 2007

A pile of random

Today was, like, seriously the longest day ever. I looked at the clock at one point, and it was only 10:30 a.m. 10:30! I thought for sure it had to be lunchtime. The rest of the day went faster, but just barely. I thought I was going to fall asleep about 20 different times. I hate that.

I'm not sure if I can talk about Grey's Anatomy yet. I might have to watch it again first. That show has some consistency issues--I'm SO SURE Derek is an optimist who believes in soulmates and the magic of love. Are you kidding me? I was completely pissed that there was no big payoff moment between Derek and Meredith at the end. I can practically RECITE that "It was a Thursday morning. You were wearing that ratty little Dartmouth T-shirt you look so good in ..." scene from last season. It's one of my favorite Grey's scenes EVER and I thought we'd get something at least as good given the fact that SHE FREAKING FLATLINED, but noooooo. Instead we get Addison and Mark daring each other not to have sex for 60 days. I'm pretty sure that was a Josh Hartnett movie, but whatever. I will say that Cristina completely rocks, though. I got teary during one of her scenes, and as I was watching it, I was thinking, "I am SO being manipulated by the writers right now" but I got teary anyway. That "She's my person" thing gets me every single time.

Ha. I love that when I say I have nothing to say, I always have something to say anyway.

Did anyone see the Oprah Oscar special that was on after Grey's? Nicole Kidman has NO PERSONALITY! Seriously, zero. And she was getting saaaaaaaalty with Russell Crowe. For no reason! I totally turned it to I Love New York instead because I couldn't handle her anymore. (Poor Boston! But I heard he's going to star in the next installment, so it's all good.)

I know that this is super random, but what's a good way to organize a ton of contact information that you can sort either by name or organization? I guess Excel, huh? I never use Excel.

I can't stop eating this week. I have SO got the munchies. A few minutes ago, I ate a granola bar I didn't even want, and then I was going to make microwave popcorn that I didn't really want either. Well, I kinda did, but not REALLY. But I was like, "SWISHY! Step away from the cupboard!" and then I went and brushed my teeth so I wouldn't snack on anything else.

I got my hair cut a couple days ago. I always hate my hair for the first, oh, two weeks or so after I get it cut. I have a theory that it's because my hair is in mourning. The hair that's left misses the old hair, and because it's sad it doesn't want to do anything. So my hair's in mourning right now. Which means lots of ponytails.

OK, I have to pee. Since I can't eat, I'm drinking lots of water to keep my mouth busy. So I gotsta go. Have a good Friday, everyone!

14 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I thought Grey's was so good! But I am new to it and you are the expert, so to speak! But I love chistina...and how it was all about her the minute Meridith woke up! I wanted to cry a couple of times, but my boys make such fun of me when I do. And then end, with Izzy! ahhhhh

My hair always looks like crap.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Beth said...

I forgot! I watched the Osacar thingie too, and you can so tell that Julia and George are actually friends...Nicole and Crowe? ehhh....her face DIDN'T MOVE the entire time....her forehead is SO botoxed...I watched her, she was TRYING to move her eyebrows, but those babies weren;t giving it up. And she made Crowe answer EACH question and be truthful...so why couldn't she do the same thing for him> I don't think I like her...she's a little strange I think...

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I have been in serious snack-for-no-reason mode this week too. Maybe it's something transmitted through blogger.com. Get thee behind me!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger TTQ said...

You Broke Her...

That was my favorite line and scene.

Christina, yep got teary here too.
Loved the bar and the dollar store crap.

Addison, well Addison is Addison. But when she said the famous lines You don't get to..etc, etc..that was a classic phrase they use alot, but it fit well.

Oh my god, I kep snacking too, I am so pissed at me this morning, even though it was all healthy food, teh calories add up..Can you say marathon gym day?

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

I had / have the munchies too.

You and I have so got to stop smoking so much pot!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Hon...your times are out of whack because you go to bed so late...just sayin'

Prolly giving you the muchies too ;)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger kim said...

I liked the bleeder girl and Derek's rant at Mer's mom. I liked a lot of the dead people sequences -- but I agree, should have been more when she
was back among the living.

And big let down with the pregnant woman.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous ramblin rose said...

So does Meredith die?? That's our next episode here on Sunday it says she may die?? I hope not I really like her... So who dies??

I hear tim tams are great for the munchies...

btw I've done a post with you as a feature go check it out and you could win a pack of Tim Tams ..

rr

www.ramble-on-rose.com

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Beth, your hair does NOT look like crap! OK ... Julia and George were cute, but Nicole? SO FREAKING WEIRD! You are so right about the botox.

OK, everyone, I know I am hard on Grey's. There were a lot of good parts. I think everyone acted the hell out of it, I just didn't like some of the writing, I think. I did really, really like when Meredith was explaining that she DID fight, she DID try, but then she was just like, "What's the point?" I totally, totally got that. Life is hard and sometimes you just get so tired. I totally relate to Meredith. I guess in real life I'm more of an Izzie-Meredith blend, but Meredith is my girl.

Oh, and Kim, the bleeder girl was from one of the best episodes EVER! Doesn't the train one just kill you? That one and the one with the closet scene (where Mer hyperventilates) make me just sob every time I see them. Even though I know EXACTLY what's gonna happen. "If love were enough, I'd be here with you ..." AWWWWW.

And NOT TELLING, Rose! I don't want to spoil anything for you. I can't believe your post! LOL. You are so cute.

Trish, you're right. I know. And yet it's almost 1 a.m. and I'm going strong. Because I'm INSANE!

And Manic, maybe if you weren't such a pusher ... :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Ugh sweets, get some sleep. Have you tried the Tylenol Pm's?
Since I can't watch Grey's I am waiting till it all comes out on DVD and then I am going to do a marathon. (I typed maraTHONG -- hmmm.)
Nicole does seem a little odd, but I imagine that having been married to Tom would do that to a fal - look at Mimi .. little off there too .. just sayin'.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Good point on not really getting a payoff moment between Mer and Der. On the other hand, Patrick Dempsey is a first-rate crier, in my opinion. In some ways, the whole thing was disappointing because we KNEW that Mer wouldn't die. We just knew. But it's OK and of course you know that I'll be back.

Be well.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Scott, Jill, & Ryley said...

Speaking of the munchies...what are you doing for the Oscar's? Are you going to have lots of fun treats? I KNOW the Oscar's must be your thing. Are you going to a party.
Why do I love Grey's...let me count the ways. I totally started crying when Izzie passed Denny in the hall and just stopped, like they could feel each other. Ohhh!!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

I have the Tylenol PM, but I've still haven't used it! I'm afraid I'd oversleep.

Grey's marathons are the best! And yes, Patrick is the bestest crier. That train episode? CLASSIC Dempsey crying.

Jill, I'm gonna email you ... you'll laugh.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

I'm laughing at the remark about your hair being in mourning. I've often wondered why I hate my hair for the first week or so, too. Now I know.

Oh man, I must've missed an episode of ILNY. Did he get axed? I actually think he's gross, but the others aren't much either. And at least Boston was TRYING to impress her in a somewhat romantic way and not just boasting and stuff. Hmph.

And Grey's? Oh no, I loved Thursday's show. I think that them just talking calmly was perfect. Like a new start. I could be wrong, though. Then again, if they have those two without any conflict, then meh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home