Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

The switch is in the off position

I'm having an off couple of days. I'm very good at handling certain kinds of stress; others not so much. Like change. I am very, VERY bad at handling change. I want everything to stay just the way I like it. And when it doesn't, I guess I show how unsettled I am by getting snotty. I'm not really TRYING to be snotty, that's just how I show it. But then I feel totally guilty PLUS I'm still unsettled, so basically all I do is complicate things for myself. Sigh.

I've already decided that I will have an outstanding day tomorrow if it kills me, so I guarantee I will have something better later. Until then ... not much to see here.

(Oh, wait, there's this: Last night, the thing that finally got me to chill out was to get in the tub with a popsicle and US Weekly. The popsicle? Edy's tropical fruit smoothie, only the most DELICIOUS guilt-free popsicle ever. Consider that my PSA for the day.)

7 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Jenster said...

Hey! I used to make my kids eat popcicles in the bathtub in their bathing suits (because frankly, I was a little afraid of letting them eat popcicles nekkid - issues, I know). All that dribbled mess was so easy to clean up.

But your bath sounds divine. And thanks for the points tips! I did really good yesterday and so far I'm doing great today. Of course, it's only 9:00 and all I've had is some water and coffee. I'm sure I've already lost five pounds!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Okay, so I'm wayyyy behind.

Loved your glasses, by the way, and your eyes are amazing. Are you going to nationals too? I want to meet you as much as I want to meet Manic. All the Fly Girls will be there ready to par-tay;))

I know how it is to be in a funk. Hope your day gets better.

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Trish said...

It's good to be snotty once in a while...keeps everyone on their toes. But I can't imagine you staying snotty for long:)

And will you look at that? It's March already woohoo spring can't be far behind...the calendar says so.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Swish--hope today is the BEST day ever for you! ANd I think there's a surge in Edy's popsicle sales now!

We HAVE to go to Nationals--I want to become an honorary Fly Gal!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

yeah. that is all. carry on.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous ramblin rose said...

yeah.... agree with ttq .....


now get back to those popsicles...

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

In their bathing suits ... ha ha ha. That is so cute.

Thanks, Kari! I don't know about nationals ... Manic and I have been talking about it!

LOL, Trish ... I'm gonna be like, "Well, Trish says it's OK, sooo TOO BAD!" :)

Off to eat another popsicle. Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home