Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Today ...

* I managed to get ready for work--showered, blow-dried, made up--in 30 minutes flat. I'm not saying the results were anything spectacular, but a half hour! For someone with moderately long hair! WHO EVEN SHAVED HER LEGS AND SORTA MADE HER BED!

* I lost my debit card, which sucked ... but then I found it! Crisis averted!

* My friend made me laugh so hard I spit all over the place. Not, like, a little spray. A full stream of spit. I think of all the people who don't have someone to make them laugh so hard they actually spit, and it's the saddest thing ever. I'm very lucky.

* I ordered a kid-sized Oreo sundae for my Grey's Anatomy treat and the kid at the ice cream place gave it to me for FREE!

* Grey's Anatomy was good! I still want more Derek-Meredith, but it was good. It managed to surprise me not once (totally thought the Amish girls were lesbians at first), but twice! (I knew about George and Callie already, but Burke and Cristina? Seriously?!?) I've never been super on board with George and Callie, but I really, really liked the part where George ... oh, who am I kidding, I'm watching it again right now, I'll just tell you EXACTLY what he said. This is what he said to her:

"Every time I look at you, I feel better. It shocks me, and it knocks my wind out, but it's true. I don't have to have sex with you, I'd be happy just to look at you from across the room. And even that, anything, any piece of you--I mean, hopefully all of you, that'd be the best thing" (and then he gets all flustered and pauses) "... because I love you."

Cute, right? I totally, totally, TOTALLY got it, so I liked that part. And, actually, Cristina rocked that last scene, too. And, OK, so did Derek and Meredith at the end. And the Amish girls, before that. There were a lot of good parts. So it was a good Grey's day.

* And would you believe that I was able to type all of George's little quote as it played on TV without messing up or having to rewind ONCE? I mean, if you could have seen me in typing class in 10th grade ... definite evidence that I have progressed as a human being. If only in the tiniest of ways.

* An hour from now, I'll be soaking in a nice, hot bubble bath, with a vanilla candle next to me and some kind of book or trashy magazine in my hands.

Not bad, huh?

14 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swish, you totally rock, girl!!! I freakin LOVE YOU!!!!! I look forward to reading you every single day, and if you don't post every day...I read the same thing over and over again!

Grey's was AWESOME!!! You have got me hooked...I am in love with George!!! I would totally have sex with him all day long...Burke? meh...don't do much for me..I think it's the whole "faggot" thing, so I don't like his character either..shallow, huh?

I thought the Amish girls were lesbians too! And I would love it if my husband said to me thi things that George and Derrick said...ahhhhh, heaven.

Hope you enjoyed your bubble bath...and a free sundae? Can life GET any better? ;)

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger TTQ said...

Accck! I haven't watched it yet, I will be watching with mom tonight on our vacation...yippee! Someone who doesn't talk during the show! We are very quiet and don't miss a word! Oh and we have snacks too!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Beth, I freaking love you back!!! You're awesome. Thank you!!!

I have Burke issues now too. I am pretty lukewarm when it comes to him. But George was so cute in that part, huh? And the part where Izzie saw him naked ... HA HA HA.

TTQ, that is SO how I am when I watch! Totally quiet with snacks. I won't watch certain shows with other people because I can't STAND when they talk and I miss something!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Sweets .. you are a full on Rock Star. Seriously.
I love reading your blog and catching up on Grey's .. and your humor just makes my day!

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Eileen said...

oooh this sounds like a good day. I also agree- friends who make you spit are to be valued.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

I sooooo got into this week's Grey's. The first 5 minutes were so funny. I thought Callie was going to shove Izzie into George's room just to get him to stop. Funny funny funny stuff.

Yeah, your day sounded like a good one. In hindsight, mine wasn't all that bad either. It was a good week for Thursdays.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger kim said...

Loved, loved, loved the speech. I liked the lines about his pain and the relief...love.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Nice swishy my love! : )

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Great minds think alike. I got a frozen yogurt and settled in for tennis. What is it about rainbow sprinkles that make the world a better place just because they exist?
Glad you're taking time for yourself. Very important, you are your own VIP.
Scribe

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Swishy said...

Wow, it's like Be Nice to Swishy Day! Thank you, Frannie!

Scribe, you're so right--rainbow sprinkles are the best!

I'm about to watch Grey's (well, parts, anyway) again ... ha ha.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I thought the Amish girls were gay too! I sorta expect that with every show lately, so I was trying to figure out what their deep, dark secret was.

That Oreo sundae sounded fab!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

OK, just came back to finish reading this post cuz I skimmed the Grey's part first time cuz I don't watch the show...

DAMMIT MANIC!! WHY DO YOU NOT WATCH THE BEST SHOW ON EARTH I am asking myself right now.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Golightly said...

It was a GREAT Grey's night. Loved all of it too and George's speech crushed me, it was so wonderful.
And a free sundae - your night rocked!

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous wheresjack said...

Free sundae!! That is awesome!! Grey's was awesome too!! Wasn't I the one who first told you about the show. Tell Manic she can rent the dvd's!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home