Waiting for My Real Life to Begin

The life and times of a girl named Swishy.

Friday, January 12, 2007

My socks are still on

It's like almost 4 a.m. so I'm gonna make this quick ...

* Grey's Anatomy was ... OK. It makes me CRAZY how uneven it's been this season! I was expecting a cliffhanger considering, you know, it's a TWO-PARTER, but nothing. Not a lot happened except for the Alex and Addison almost-kiss, which wasn't even a surprise considering I'd seen it in previews for like seven weeks or something. Even the writer (who usually writes some of the best episodes) sort of acknowledged the episode was a little blah.

Parts I liked: Even though I knew it was coming, Addison and Alex were totally, totally hot. Cute (albeit a little boring) that Derek sleeps on the couch because of the snoring and then crawls back into bed before Meredith wakes up. George and his dad ... thought it was REALLY sweet that his dad apologized for George feeling different and for not "getting him" well enough. And my favorite part was when George was shaking after his dad got out of surgery and Meredith went over to him when no one else was paying attention and was like, "George, you have to breathe." And then he just gripped her arm and she was so nice to him ... I like Meredith.

OK, I guess I liked a lot of parts. That's literally only five minutes worth, though! Maybe if I watch it again, I'll like it better. But I missed the voiceover. There was no context for Addison and Mark--that whole thing has been way, WAY uneven. Cristina and Burke are freaking dysfunctional. And nice that they used a shot of Addison from LAST SEASON to pad things out at the end. LAZY!!

I'll stop talking about Grey's Anatomy now.

* I still can't believe the girl from Once and Again is dating Marilyn Manson. Sick.

* I read the Men's Vogue cover story on Kiefer Sutherland this week and oh, my gosh, can I just bring him home with me this very second?

* Tori Spelling and I have the same dress. I'm serious. I saw a picture of her tonight while I was working out and they totally said how much it cost and where she bought it and it's the SAME EXACT DRESS that's hanging on my bedroom door right now! I guess those Lifetime movies don't pay as well as I thought.

* Seriously have to go to bed. Night.

8 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cool that you guys have the same dress! You're a lot cuter than Tori though...

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

look, just don't walk around with your dog in a freakin STROLLER, okay, like Tori does.

Now, post a picture of the dress, but you have to do it all "tabloid" like!

Keifer? really? Ever since I saw a picture of him in some club, sitting in a booth bare assed, with his pants hanging around his ankles, ehhh...

And WTF???? Marilyn Manson? WHAT is with that?!?!?!?! that girl looks really sweet and innocent!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, we need to see the dress! (and please know I'm refraining from about 267,000 unkind Tori Spelling comments here). Suffice to say the dress will look better on Swishy.

Your talk about Grey's makes me giggle - you describe the show like a bad boyfriend who gets your hopes up every Thursday night, doesn't call for three months, then pops back into your life only to take you to Burger King and make you order from the dollar menu. You deserve a better show!!!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger kim said...

I loved the George and Callie pee dance. I hated that they revealed the reason for the Addison/McSteamy tension during the preview for next week.
What. Is Izzy going to pay for every sad -- no-insurance having -- case now? I mean, I want her to fix that girl's spine, but then again -- then what?
I hadn't seen the preview for the kiss, so that was nice for me -- those two have the good chemistry thing going.
It didn't knock my socks off either, but I didn't hate it either, so it's an improvement.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Senor Beavis said...

I too liked the bit about George's dad apologizing for his feeling excluded. That definitely got to me. Maybe I've just been having a lot of "parents are people too" moments of late myself. I wish this storyline didn't feel like I was dragging out, though. I believe I was quoted as saying, "How many goddamn life or death surgeries does the guy need?" But I haven't actively wished death on him, like I did with Denny. So that counts for something.

Alex and Addison do have chemistry, but last night felt really forced. I didn't see McHitler (it's the moustache) as being any more mean to her than usual. Sure, he deserves a vanilla latte in general, but he wasn't worse than than his usual level of assholatry. And at the risk of nitpicking, given the difference in weight, if Alex had given him a vanilla latte, as he stated at the end, McHitler would have known before drinking it, since the weight differential between that and a bone-dry cappuccino is substantial.

It's sick that anyone wants to date Marilyn Manson.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger CruiserMel said...

I sorta liked Grey's personally. Maybe it was just that my heart grew fonder while it was gone. I dunno. But my dang DVR cut off before the end, so I missed all the morality/life lesson stuff AND next week's preview. I feel so left out now. Pity party for me.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bina said...

Okay, hwo is the girl from Once and Again? I know he used to be dating the chick Paige, from Charmed. Are they "one and the same" Ha!

e, I bored.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Swishy said...

Trish, you are so nice!

Beth, I laughed SO HARD at the stroller thing. As for Kiefer ... that's exactly why! He needs a nice girl like me! You know how in US Weekly they do that "Who wore it better?" thing? I should totally do that! LOL.

The other Trish ... HA HA. I know!! I go back and watch the early episodes and it's like flipping through an old album .. ha ha. It'll pick back up, though. It will! (I know, that's what every girl says ...)

Kim ... yeah, what was that? We're going to find out Addison had an abortion or something?

Senor, I hated Denny, too.

CruiserMel, you didn't miss anything at the end except a montage of everyone looking all pensive while this Travis song played. No V/O or anything. Whaaaaatever.

Bina: Evan Rachel Wood. She's been in a bunch of movies too. Google them together and a pic'll come up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home